“They cancelled a confirmed booking” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hostel 104

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hostel 104
You added Hostel 104 to your Saves list
2027 1st Avenue, New York City, NY 10029 (Harlem)   |
Otago
“They cancelled a confirmed booking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I booked via the hostel website that linked out to hostelworld.com.
I paid a booking fee.
I relaxed. Two days before I left I got an email from Hostel 104 saying they had cancelled my booking because "they were full".

I immediately booked another hostel (a good one = NY Loft Hostel in Brooklyn) and told Hostel 104 to give me a refund and wrote to hostelworld.com to ask for a refund. Hostelworld wrote back and said it was a mistake and there was room for me after all. I said I didn't want it as I coluldn't trust them and what if I got thetre and there was no room?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Families
Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

The Hostel is located between the Upper East side and Harlem, the neighborhood is a bit ghetto but you will survive and when you get to know the people they are all really nice. At night we took the taxi back to our hostel, which costs +/- $ 15.
Just outside the Hostel there is a liquor store and there is a mini market which is open 24/7. The subway station is about a 5 min walk, hop on the green 6 line and it will take you to some of New York main attractions. The Museum of New York and Central Park are only a 10-15 min minute walk away and it is great to start the morning with a cup of coffee/tea and a bagel with cream cheese in Central Park.

Our room was located on the 8th floor and just outside the elevator in the 'main' room, there were also private rooms but to get there the people had to walk through our room. Luckily we new the people who stayed in the private rooms, so everyone kept the noise down at night. The rooms and bathroom are clean and the bed have nice, comfty mattresses! But there is only one bathroom with toilet for 16 persons... The solutions: a shower schedule.

Breakfast is 9-10 am and there are some very tasty muffins! The eating area is a bit small, but you can sit on the stairs, or sit in the common room.

The hostel also has a common room with a big tv and nice couches. There also is a roof terras on the 9/10 th floor, the view is great! And it is a nice spot to hang out after a long day walking in the city.

• Stayed April 2010

Been to Hostel 104? Share your experiences!