“Sutton Court better than your home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sutton Court Hotel Residences

You added Sutton Court Hotel Residences to your Saves list
Sutton Court Hotel Residences
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   417 East 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #306 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Wicklow, Ireland
“Sutton Court better than your home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at the Sutton Court Residences from October 1st to November 6th and absolutely loved my stay.

From the get go the communication with the Sutton Court was second to none. I exchanged some mails and phone calls with Laysee who was so unbelievably helpful right off the bat. I felt like I was meeting a friend by the time I checked in!

When you enter the Sutton Court you are immediately greeted by a nicely decorated lobby area. With a long hallway that leads right down to the elevators to the various floors. Reception is near the entrance and on the left hand side. There was always someone there when I passed by and I was always greeted with a friendly hello, every time or I stopped for a chit chat when I had the time.

My room was a one bedroom apartment on the 20th floor. It has everything you could need and more. I had various family members visiting over the 5 weeks I was at the apartment so it was essential we had enough space. Which we did. The kitchen is well appointed and you really don't need to buy anything (other than food obviously!!) - There was washing up liquid, tablets for the dishwasher, cutlery including wine opener etc. You have a Fridge Freezer, cooker (with gas hob) toaster, microwave, bowls, cups, plates, pots, pans, oven dishes etc etc.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and so huge. You could fit three people in it! (oi, get your mind out of the gutter!) - But seriously, most comfortable bed I have slept on in years. The sofa bed was equally comfy. My visitors all raved at how comfy the sofa bed was.

The TV in the living room has HD channels and you have a full listing of all TV channels. You can also get radio channels too.

Wifi Router (per apartment) is also optional, at an extra cost, but I would recommend investing in this. I got (on average) between 6 mb and 10 mb per day. Peak times were the lower end.

I'm a regular to New York going at least once, sometimes twice, a year. I had not stayed in this area before or for this length of time. The location is pretty great with lots of nice eating areas within walking distances. I ordered take out from Real Thai a few times, which I would highly recommend. It's just across the road from the Sutton Court.

I highly recommend The Smith on 51st and 3rd. Seriously, you have to eat here. We ate here twice. Once for lunch and once for Brunch on Sunday. It gets very busy on Sundays so book or be prepared to wait a little. We sat at the bar for about 25 mins which wasn't too bad. It is so worth it. We also ate at the Ritz Diner on 60th and 1st Avenue. I enjoyed my lunch here but I was disappointed with the breakfast, if I'm honest. I also had a delivery from here one evening, and the food was cold.

We also had breakfast in the Comfort Diner located on E 45th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue. I highly recommend this place. Pancakes are pretty good with real maple syrup included at no extra cost (a lot of diners charge extra for maple syrup these days). We also brought our own teabags (sorry New York I love you but your tea is shockingly bad!!) and the Comfort Diner provided us with cups of piping hot water at no cost.

The nearest Subway station to the Sutton Court is actually 60th and 3rd Avenue (the guides will say 59th and Lex). You can get the NQR and 456 from here. The Q, 4 and 5 are express trains.

All the staff were so great but a special mention to Julio, Manuela, James and Danny and a particular special mention to Laysee who treated me like and old friend and looked after me so well during my stay. Laysee, you're a star!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sutton Court to anyone who is going to be in New York for more than 30 days. And in these days of legal minefields around illegal apartment rental you can be safe in the knowledge that the Sutton Court is 100% above board.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I just moved to NYC and his company put us up at Sutton Court for a month. It was a great way to acclimatise to the city. The building is very close (7 min walk) to the subway, 4 min walk to a Whole Foods, 2 min walk to D'Agistino's grocery, 1 min walk to Duane Reed and a few banks. There's a great neighbourhood feel to the area.
There's a small gym in the basement, Central Park near by if you like to run, and many very good restaurants all in close vicinity.
The apartment was large enough for the two of us (king size bed) and had all the amenities we needed for a short stay (iron, hoover, hair dryer, full kitchen with dishwasher!).
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The laundry is so far the cheapest I have found in the city and IN the building so no need to trapse about town with your intimates.
The only down sides were the slight noise of traffic - oh how the New Yorkers love their horns! and the fact that every time we wanted to cook, I had to dismantle the over excitable fire alarm to stop it going off.
I would definitely recommend Sutton Place for longer stays in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The 3 of us, my husband, Son and myself stayed in a one bedroom suite.
The rooms were very well maintained and designed well.
The staff was VERY prompt and helpful.
This gave the true feel of Manhattan, located centrally at E 57th Street.
We would walk down to Times Square etc. or just take a cab.
The hotel did not have a pool or a restaurant.
Frankly, NYC is cold and you really wouldn't want to swim. There is SO much to see and do!
There a TON of restaurants just round the corner.
Right opposite there is a very good super market and pharmacy.
The apartment had a well equipped kitchen.
There was a gym too which was very good.
Laundry facilities are also available.
Sadly the minimum stay here is 7 nights!
I felt this was a place where it was all in one package.
We will stay there in the years to come.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have great views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Locust Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the ultimate in New York Living! If I am going to be staying longer than 3 nights - an apartment is the way to go. And what better way than staying in a building that is in the heart of "real New York" - This is Sutton Place - my favorite neighborhood in Manhattan. It is close to the subway, great restaurants, the 59th street bridge and BLOOMINGDALES!!!! This is where I spent my youth - in Bloomingdales and Alexanders (which is no longer there). The great thing about the Sutton Court Hotel is that you have a lovely concierge staff that is willing to go above and beyond. The 1 bedrooms are spacious and uncluttered. The small kitchen is perfect. I have stayed here (once for over four weeks as we moved from Switzerland) on four separate occasions. I have very high standards and I think this would suit anyone. Very comfortable and the beds were great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed in a few different apartment-hotels in NYC and this is easily the best. Rooms are well decorated and have plenty of small touches to stop them being too sterile. Very clean, very confrotable and a good front desk staff. There are a couple of bars/restaurants very close to the apartments on 1st. A very short walk to 2nd and you have a whole lot more to choose from. If you are visiting NYC for a week or so this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor so my view was of other apartments, not a panarama of the NYC skyline. Ge...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is not our first stay at this hotel, and we see an improvement with every stay. There appears to be some positive tweaking going on. If there is a stand-out feature at this property, it is the very pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We spent a week at this hotel in December 2011 and it was just great.The location was very nice even though our apt. was on the lower floors the noise level was not disturbing. The staff are very accomodating. Our heater was not working so even though it was the Xmas weekend someone came and fixed it. These apts have been refurbished and are spacious by NYC standards.Ther is a Duane Reade downstairs and a Food emporium just a couple of blocks away. The apt is fully equipped with stainless steel appliances, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.
The only negatives were the airconditioning/heating units and the elevators were always busy with service workers

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sutton Court Hotel Residences? Share your experiences!