“Totally ridiculous and cheesy...and I LOVED it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
256 West 47th Street, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, NY (Midtown)
(212) 719-4099
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Rock of Ages like an insider
$99*
and up
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Totally ridiculous and cheesy...and I LOVED it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've seen quite a few broadway shows in my day and haven't always been a fan of the more modern musicals ala "American Idiot." I received tickets for my 40th birthday to this show. Admittedly, I was of the generation that indulged all my allowance money on tickets to Jovi, Def Leppard, Poison, White Snake etc... but now being an evolved adult (kinda) I wasn't sure if this sort of musical would be worth the money. Boy, was I dead wrong! I absolutely LOVED this show.

It has all the makings of your typical Broadway show story. Girl moves to big city to make it big (LA in this case) and falls in love and hilarity ensues. It's extremely funny, sassy and cheesy in the best way. I found myself jumping from my 14 year old inner self who yearned to fall in love with a hair metal god singing Def Leppard to my 40 year old self realizing in a fun way how cheesy it all was. It was a simply wonderful night!

This show is a MUST. I agree with other reviewers not sure it's for kids. There's a few places where it's a bit racy.

Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“If you love the 80s, you'll love Rock of Ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband bought us tickets to this play for my birthday trip to NYC and it was everything I was hoping it would be! Funny, fun, amazing music, great crowd participation - you can't ask for more! The theater is on the smaller side so there really is no bad seat for the stage! I especially loved the fact that the bars had lots of fun 80s/club themed drinks like jello shots and wine coolers. Definitely worth going to and so much fun!!!

Sao Paulo, SP
27 attraction reviews
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is a modern play with musics that make me remember my adolescence. It was really good.

Visited October 2011
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Unbelieveable Upbeat Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Saw this Xmas Day - could see this over and over again. Entire cast to include the band were fabulous and exhilerating

bury st edmunds
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

It was brilliant. The cast were amazing. I would recommend to anyone thinking of going to go if you can get tickets.

It made me feel like a teenager again.