The National September 11 Memorial & Museum
200 Liberty Street, World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10281 (Financial District)
+1 212-312-8800
Website
Improve this listing
Visit The National September 11 Memorial & Museum like an insider
VIP Tour
$109*
and up
Viator VIP: Empire State Building, Statue of...
Ranked #6 of 1,633 things to do in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National September 11 Memorial & Museum is a place of remembrance honoring those who perished in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. The 9/11 Memorial consists of two massive pools set within the original footprints of the Twin Towers with 30-foot waterfalls cascading down their sides. The nearly 3,000 names of the men, women, and children killed in the attacks are inscribed into bronze parapets surrounding the twin Memorial pools. The 9/11 Memorial is open daily from 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and is free to the public. The 9/11 Memorial Museum displays monumental artifacts linked to the events of 9/11, while presenting intimate stories of loss, compassion, reckoning and recovery that are central to telling the story of the 2001 and 1993 attacks and the aftermath. It also explores the global impact of 9/11 and its continuing significance. The 9/11 Memorial Museum is open Sun - Thu, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., last entry at 6:00 p.m. and Fri and Sat, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., last entry at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are required. Open Daily.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Moving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We are from New Jersey and this was our first trip to the Memorial and Museum. We ordered tickets on-line so we had and assigned entry time and NO WAIT AT ALL. The museum was well done. Modern and clean, yet full of memories of the towers and their destruction. I did not realize that the museum is actually built on what was the foundation of the two towers. When I saw the box beams and outline of the original towers in the concrete the memorial became concrete. The museum is both classy and respectful. If you remember 9/11 up close and personal it is breathtaking. Never Forget.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Was not sure about visiting; so glad I did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stopped here as part of a day tour - I wasn't sure I wanted to; but leaving I was overcome with the emotion and the beauty with how the NY people have coped with this tragedy.
Bless.

Santa Ana, California
11 attraction reviews
“Made it more real...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I didn't want to go because it's just so sad. But I'm glad that I did, especially since I went the last day of my 9 day trip to NYC. Going at the end was great because I felt like I knew the city, and had come to love it and its people. So when I saw videos and photos, read info, and heard audio, I was able to put it in perspective better than if I had gone there right off the bat. The only criticism I have is that it wasn't put together as well as it could have been. Several displays are blocked because people were standing in front of the info boards. If they had been placed up higher, more people than 3 could read it at a time. They have lines of people covering the info., etc. It also seems like they could have used the vast space to house more artifacts. But it was a good experience, and made the terrorist attacks more real----it really happened to real people, in a real place, and affected real lives forever.....

Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Goosebumps!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The energy in the place is hard to miss. I got goosebumps. It is beautiful and learned that 6 more towers will be built for a total of 7 towers. A police officer there chatted with my family and I and was very friendly and welcoming (He wasn't a new yorker native LOL!) I'm glad a visited.

Fairview, Tennessee
35 attraction reviews
“Must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The museum and grounds made the event much more real for me. We live in the midwest and experienced this tragic event from afar. Going through the museum and seeing the impact firsthand is memorable.