“Incredible views, amazing rooms, and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Incredible views, amazing rooms, and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My family and I (3 people in all), stayed at this hotel at the end of October. We checked in on a Sunday and checked out the following Tuesday. Even though it was only a two night stay, this hotel really impressed me. The lobby is small and quaint. Elegant yet nothing too fancy. Unlike what many people say in these reviews, the bellmen/doormen were very polite. Upon checkin, we were upgraded to a sky view room on the 26th floor and given a complimentary 2pm late checkout (this is because we are a member of the ihg rewards club, which I highly recommend joining. The rewards are great!). The front desk staff is awesome. They are so willing to help you with anything you may need and are all extremely nice. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The beds are super comfy and the bathroom is really nice! I especially like the shower! The room is much larger than the average NYC hotel room. Now the view was probably the best city view I've ever had. I was breathtaking. We slept with the curtains open because we just couldn't get enough of it. We could even see a little of the river. The concierge was more than helpful. He recommended a restaurant to us and made our reservations. It turned out to be one of the best meals we had!
The location of the hotel couldn't have been better. It's pretty much in Times Square but without the hustle and bustle/noise! It's on a quieter part of 44th street but just a few hundred yards down the road you are right in the middle of Times Square. There is also a major subway station directly below the hotel so it's super convenient and easy to get anywhere in the city without doing much walking! I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here next time I'm in NYC.

• Stayed October 2013
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Anmlovesny:

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are thrilled to hear that our team provided a memorable experience on your recent stay! We thank you for sharing your story, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were content staying in the property with very good service (especially bell staff) and cleanliness. These are my top priorities. It was centrally located near attractions and restaurants. I guess my disappointment stems from fact that I thought I was getting this great, secret rate from a discount website and then found that same rate widely posted. Beyond that - it was better than other boutique hotels I've stayed at in area in same budget range. It just wasn't memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Secondmoon95:

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location, friendly bellstaff, and cleanliness. We apologize for any confusion regarding our rates. You may wish to visit our own website at ihg.com, as our site guarantees the best available rate at the time of booking. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Intercontinental Times Square, and I regret that I didn't review it last time. Then again, maybe the fewer people who know about it, the better - then I'll always be able to get a great room in a great location when I need one!

Caveat: both times, I've only stayed for one night on both visits, so maybe I'd be more picky if I had to stay longer. But I can't imagine why I would. The front desk staff and the bellmen are all friendly and personable, and do their jobs well and efficiently. The concierge was prompt and helpful in answering all of my pre-trip questions, such as where to park (there's a lot right across the street - so easy!).

The location cannot be beat. We were about 5 blocks from the theatre where we saw a Broadway show, which was fantastically convenient. It's so close to Times Square but it is quiet! Great restaurants down on 9th, half a block away, and Don Giovanni's right down the street. The Shake Shack on the corner is yummy, but at regular mealtimes, there is a line out the door! Schmackary's Cookies over on 45th (the next block over) makes yummy treats and coffee!

The beds are divine! We wanted to bring them home with us! Sooooo comfortable, and a nice assortment of pillows. We had a wonderful night's sleep.

The bathrooms are attractive and functional, and the towels were nice and thick. We didn't have any trouble with corridor noise or thin walls.

Two things you should know if you stay here: wi-fi is not free, and parking costs $25 a day.

I hope my next stay at this hotel is as pleasant as my first two!

Room Tip: I hear the higher floors have great views but have never experienced them for myself. :-)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear BuffGal:

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are happy to announce that beginning in 2014, all IHG Rewards members will enjoy complimentary wifi at all of our InterContinental hotels worldwide! We agree that Schmackary's is delightful. Their bacon-maple cookies are out of this world! We look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay soon!

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am an Ambassador and have been staying here for the past three years but was very disappointed tris trip. My room wasn't ready and although they compensated me above and beyond it was still extremely inconvenient and I would have preferred getting in my room when I arrived. Many policies changed since I was here a few months ago and even the configuration of my room changed. I've always loved this hotel and considered it my NY home and am very saddened . I will not pass judgement but will have to reconsider if I will stay here again the next time I come to the city. The location is great, the hotel and staff are great but I feel very disappointed with this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Suzi:

Thank you for your candid review. We thank you for being a loyal InterContinental Ambassador, and for sharing your constructive feedback. We sincerely apologize that this stay did not measure up to the InterContinental standard. We would like to assure you that our policies have not changed, and we will be addressing each of your points with the appropriate managers. We appreciate your feedback, as this will assist us in providing the utmost in service to our guests. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ok location, 4 blocks east of time square ( 44th and 8th). Nice hotel, new, pretty, spacious, overal good stay. The showers hot water didn't work, loud rooms next to our. Pretty good view clenly ness ok. Found a half eaten pizza in the mini fridge... eww. Overal very nice but i don't think i'd stay again, i preferred the W time Square or the Essex.

Room Tip: Any room is nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrea:

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guestrooms and city views, however, we sincerely apologize for the food that you found in the minibar. This is not acceptable, and we will review our training policies to ensure this does not occur again. We also apologize for the loud neighbors- we aim for a residential atmosphere and will let our security team know about your situation. We do hope that you reconsider staying with us in the future, as we would like to reaffirm your faith in our hotel. We welcome you to reach out to us the next time your travels bring you to Manhattan, so that we may provide a flawless experience.

executiveoffice@icnyts.com
Ferndown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had booked this Hotel 11 months prior to our visit , two rooms for a party of six. Always kept an eye on reviews being given on trip advisor , so slightly concerned re comments regarding staff at check in
We arrived on a Saturday at the end of October , we had got through customs and immigration at the airport very quick ,and arrived at the Hotel early 1245hrs .
We were greeted by Darlene at check in, who was extremely pleasant and a credit to the Hotel. We upgraded, to Ambassador members as we were staying six nights and Darlene was able to let us have a room straight away ! So we were able to drop all our luggage in the room and we were given rooms on higher levels .
Rooms were great for New York the higher the better giving a better view of the City .Hotel location fantastic for Times Square and Broadway plus very close to a subway .
All staff helpful and nothing seemed to be a problem .
Overall a fantastic stay , would recommend this Hotel and would use again if visiting New York.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tim:

Thank you for your rave review! We agree that Darlene is a great asset to our team, and we are delighted that she provided a warm welcome to your group after a long flight! We will be sure to share your comments with her. Welcome to the InterContinental Ambassador program- we are sure you will enjoy the benefits that you receive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here. Despite the location so close to Times Square, our room was quite and great for a good night's sleep. Reception was friendly and the concierge was excellent, he went out of his way to get us an excellent dinner reservation at very short notice on a Friday night - we were very impressed! Housekeeping was very good, cleanliness was excellent too. We really can't fault it, highly recommend it and would definitely go back. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TenzilKem:

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that our team made your stay memorable. From our front desk to housekeeping to concierge, our staff work very hard to ensure that our guests have an extraordinary experience, and we appreciate your kind words! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Executive Office

Been to InterContinental New York Times Square? Share your experiences!