“Great Service and perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #124 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Service and perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went with 8 friends for a show overnite weekend. The hotel was perfectly located to everything! The staff was helpful and the concierge were very helpful getting us around the city. They had a limo service take us to get our train on our check out. Easy access to Times Square and the Subway. We also had lunch at the hotel restaurant upon arrival and was pleasantly surprised. Definately will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear griffin96: Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square! It sounds like you had a fun-filled New York weekend. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay, and that you had a chance to have lunch at Ca Va, our onsite restaurant. Our Chef de Cuisine, Matthew Corbett, has created some of the best dishes in the city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I gave it 5 starts last time, this time I think 4 stars reflects it better. As compared to my previous stay I had a smaller more cramped room, typical by NY standards just not as spacious as I had in my previous visit. The closet was tiny, this room is really just for one person. No outside noise - which is nice for NYC, but the hallway had a lot of commotion, it was really disturbing late at night and in the early morning. Also the wall in my room had graffiti, extremely vulgar graffiti that you would not want your children (or anyone you cared about) to read. It was late at night when I noticed it and did not want a visit from hotel staff so I emailed the hotel about the situation, using their own website. I never received a response. At check out I mentioned it, hoping for a credit or an apology and instead the clerk peppered me with questions about exactly where it was in the room and telling me someone will look at it. The wall had wallpaper, you would think they could just cover it up. The lack of attention to this item really cast a cloud on my impression this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear FriendlyInsomniac:

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal InterContinental guest. While we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall, I do want to sincerely apologize about the "graffiti" on the guestroom wall. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I want to let you know we are working to resolve this issue. By all means, you should have received an apology during your stay. I will be sending a private message with more details. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend in June. I found the Hotel was excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and very clean, with a fantastic shower. The Hotel isnt actually in Times square but its only a short walk away. Just outside the entrance is a subway station which made getting around a lot easier. If I could give anyone reading this a piece of advice. It is don't under estimate the distance between locations. We ended doing so much walking and found it tiring. Use the subway to get around. Its cheap, fast and from all the police we saw very safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MarkGrzelak:

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that we made your stay memorable. We hope to see you again this summer!

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

No complaints! Well located, close to shows and next to a subway stop. So far, this hotel rates as one of our favorite places to stay in NYC. Nice restaurant with a comfortable lobby bar. Room was well appointed and very clean. Helpful staff.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth L:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location, our restaurant, and our service. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Hotel Manger
SEATTLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was not impressed by this hotel. Stayed here 2 nights. Public areas were nice but the room while plenty large was nothing special. Bed was comfortable. Location is great. Service was good. I got a discount deal through Hotwire so it was ok. If I had paid full rate I would not be happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YNOT61:

Thank you for posting about your recent stay. We strive to make each guest's stay memorable here at the InterContinental New York. While we are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, I would like to apologize if you felt any part of your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would welcome additional comments, so that we can address any particular issue that you may have had. We do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Southport, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I Usually stay at the London which has always been a great property. Two weeks ago I stayed at he Intercontinental in LA. Got a great upgrade through AMEX Centurion. So I decided to give he Intercontinental a shot in NYC. To them an upgrade is just the same room on a high floor. You would think there would be some brand consistency. If you have a great experience at one location you would expect to have it at another. Not!!!!! Had a mediocre buffet breakfast (sorta of like a Hilton Garden or Marriott Courtyard) for a crazy price. Asked for a coffee to go and got charged another 6 dollars. Sat in the lobby lounge one morning and asked for a cappuccino only to be told I had to go to the bar and order it. Which I did and had to find an area on the table to put it since there we dirty dishes there for over 30 mins. The only plus side of this hotel is the great staff. All were helpful and accommodating. Hopefully The London has some openings because I am going back

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear SteveCTGolfer:

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our service level, however, however, we do apologize for the sub par breakfast buffet experience that you mentioned. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we strive to continually improve. Like many New York hotels of our caliber,higher floors with city views are considered a premium room type. Many guests find that the views make up for any shortage of square feet. We do hope that you will return to the InterContinental New York Times Square, so that we can reaffirm your faith in our property and our brand.

Executive Office
Newtown, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night in January with two of my children. The location is excellent. Our room on the 7th floor was clean, comfortable and fairly spacious by New York City standards. The bathroom was small but pristine and well equipped.

The hotel lobby is huge and very elegant, with many spots where you can sit alone or with a small group. We had a drink in the adjoining hotel bar, which was expensive but pleasant.

Parking was $60 for my one-night stay, expensive but again, it's New York so that's what I expected. The valet service was prompt and efficient. We didn't have extensive dealings with the hotel staff, but the people that I spoke with behind the desk were friendly and helpful.

My one minor complaint is that there was no turn-down service, which is an amenity that I expected at a hotel of this caliber. Since we were staying for only one night and we were late already getting in for the evening, I didn't bother to inquire about this with the hotel; perhaps it was an oversight.

I have looked for convenient, reasonably priced hotels in NYC before and I wasn't familiar with this hotel prior to this occasion. Our room was booked as part of a group rate so I'm not sure how the regular pricing would compare, but I will definitely consider staying here again the next time I need a hotel in the City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear esa81:

Thank you for the glowing review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not receive turndown service. We do offer this, however, it is upon request. Let us know the next time you are visiting New York, and we will be sure to note your profile so that you never miss out!

Hotel Manager

Been to InterContinental New York Times Square? Share your experiences!