“Amazing location!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Chester, United Kingdom
“Amazing location!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, from the foyer to the rooms. We stayed for a week in September. When we arrived we had requested a high floor as it was a treat for my birthday however we ended up on the 7th floor with a view straight into the building opposite! My partner went down to reception to ask to change and was told this was not possible, however we did find a beautiful cake in our room when we returned that evening! Location is fantastic, not on times square but barely a 5 minute walk away past the best pizzeria I have ever been to (Johns pizzeria). Dwayne reade 5 minutes away. We had little interaction with concierge but what we did have was good, booked a visit to ground zero memorial for us with no issues at all! Door staff always very friendly! Overall brilliant stay!

• Stayed September 2012
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Emzfairydust:

Thank you for posting about your recent stay! While I apologize that occupancy levels prevented us from providing the ideal view during your time at the InterContinental New York Times Square, I am delighted that our staff was able to make your stay extra-special. We are very lucky to have a location with so many wonderful eateries just steps away! We look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed for two nights at the end of a business trip in the US. It's a new and apparently perpetually busy hotel in a great location in New York. I was informed at check-in that I was upgraded, although this seemed to just translate into a higher floor, not a bigger room. The bathroom and shower were great, and the room furnished in a modern yet familiar IC style. I was happy with the choice, and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Snobs_Travel:

Thank you for your posting! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The InterContinental New York Times Square did recently celebrate its 2nd year this July. While demand for our hotel is always high, our goal is to make a favorable impression on each and every guest that passes through our doors. We hope that is the case with you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sapporo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent 5 nights at this hotel in early September with my partner. It was our first time in New York (and the first time in the USA for one of us!), so we were pretty anxious, but we had a great stay. We really felt like we had arrived in New York City!

We reserved a deluxe King room, and were surprised to find ourselves in a corner room with a lovely view. It was very spacious and perfectly clean, with enough room to open our giant suitcases and still move around freely. I looked forward to coming back to the rainwater style shower and the comfortable bed after a long day sightseeing. The staff were very helpful and friendly, though I felt a little rushed by the doormen.

The only downside to the room was the computer. For the first few nights it wasn't turned on, and the room was amazingly quiet. But we came back one day to find it switched on-- and it can't be turned off. With the bed so close to the desk, it's high-pitched whirring made it tough to sleep. I slept with the TV on to drown it out our last night.

We only enjoyed one breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but it was great. The portion sizes were just right, something pretty rare in American hotels! :) I left feeling pleasantly full.

All in all, this hotel has a great location, and wonderful rooms. It's worth the price to have a room that you look forward to coming back to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear ValerieS:

Thank you for your great posting! We are thrilled to have hosted your inaugural stay in New York City! I do apologize that you felt rushed, as it is certainly not our intention. I will follow up with our technological team regarding the computer noise, as it should be silent when not in operation. Our Chefs at our onsite restaurant, Ca Va, will make sure you not only have a delicious breakfast, but one that will keep you satisfied through a long day exploring our fine city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. Excellent business hotel, close to times square and walking distance to fashion district as well as Javitz centre. Checkout Smiths across the hotel, relaxing live music and reasonable hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jay S: Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square and for taking time to post a review! I agree that we have an ideal location, with numerous options for dining, entertainment, shopping, and more within steps of our door. Smith’s is a great neighborhood spot, as is Birdland, also located across the street. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Spent five nights last month at this hotel with my wife on a vacation trip to NYC, and loved it. We had an upper floor "Sky Suite,", I believe it's called, which offered a special view of NYC. What I mean by that is that this column of rooms juts out a bit from the rest of the building so that you have windows on three sides. So, great views looking uptown and downtown, as well as to the east. Given the towers surrounding the hotel, you by no means have an unobstructed view even from a high floor. But looking out toward various other skyscrapers and bright lights is fun.

Sorry I can't recall the exact room number, but I'm sure hotel reservations staff will know what I'm talking about for those who want to specify this

The room itself was very fine. It basically is one big room, with a dressing area kind of divider between the bed area and living area. Two nice tvs. Situated at the end of the hallway, certainly quiet, though from a previous stay (reviewed previously) I don't recall noise being a problem at all in the hotel anyway.

Free and fast internet access by virtue of my Priority Club Platinum and/or Intercontinental Ambassador status. The latter also got us a free movie, which was a nice little perk.

Very good staff, including great reception personnel but especially the reservations department, which went out of its way to make sure all was right with our stay after I'd reported some minor problems occurring during a business trip previously.

Being so near Times Square is also fun and very convenient for walking or taking the subway to other parts of town.

All, in all, highly recommended for tourist and business trips alike!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Southside:

Thank you for the great review! As an InterContinental Ambassador and Priority Club Platinum Member, you are one of our most loyal guests, and we sincerely appreciate your patronage! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoy our location, ambiance, and most of all, our service. Our team strives for excellence, and I will certainly forward your accolades to the team. We look forward to your next visit!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been staying in I/C NYC X2 in my business trips for many years and I really enjoy the location, upgraded rooms in ambassador membership and contemporary design. It is very close to 9th Avenue with great restaurant choices, central park and next to the subway line. I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lokum123:

Thank you for your review and recommendation! I, along with all of our team, thank you for being an InterContinental Ambassador. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Intercontenental hotel in Times Square, booking again after 2 excellent previous stays in June 2010 and Sept 2011. This time we booked a delux room rather than a standard room.

Unfortunatly it all went a little off plan when we arrived on the Saturday night at midnight (5 am UK time). We arrived to find that they had no room for us, as they had overbooked the hotel, staff on reception were very apologetic and said that they had booked us a room for the night at the SOHO Grand (11-15 minute taxi ride towards the downtown area). We were very upset at this, as we were told to get in a taxi and pay ourselves upfront and claim money back when we checked in the following day. Not having a clue where the SOHO Grand was, was worrying especially as we by this point were very tired.

We returned the following day, and our delux room was upgraded to a skyview room on the 29th floor, we had internet acess, wine, chocolates, water, nuts and fruit given to us. The accompaning note from the manager was very apologetic, but it was addressed to Mr and Mrs not Mrs and Miss!

The rest of our stay was brillent, the room was clean, tidy, bright and fresh, i wanted to bring home, my bed, the rain shower and the mirror from the bathroom. Was also feeling very jealous that the touch screen computer was better than the one i have here at home. The staff are very friendly, smart and well presented and full of advice, they all had time for a chat and never seemed in a hurry, Alll the staff are a credit to the hotel. The concierge helped us work the subways out, and the door man advised us on the weather, very helpfull to know that there was a cold wind and chance of rain before we left in short sleeved T-Shirts. When it rained we were offered umbrellas. The doorman even helped us to sort out a car back to the airport.

We will stay here again as it is one of the best hotels that we have stayed in, though next time we hopefully will spend all our time here rather than in another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trekkiestar:

Thank you for the lovely review! I wholeheartedly apologize that we had to relocate you on the first night, but I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. It delights me to hear that the staff made your stay so special. We have a very talented team here at the InterContinental New York Times Square. I welcome you to contact me directly when you are ready to make your fourth reservation, and I will ensure that you receive superior accommodations, as well as the correct salutations. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Been to InterContinental New York Times Square? Share your experiences!