“Most comfortable beds and best showers in New York” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #124 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Troy, Michigan
“Most comfortable beds and best showers in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel in a perfect location. We stayed in a corner room on the 21st floor. The view was incredible, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and luxurious (the shower was wonderful!) The staff was friendly and helpful and the front desk sent up delicious chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne because it was our wedding anniversary. They were also accommodating when we left early to avoid hurricane Irene. My husband and I were sorry to leave but we will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I booked Intercontinental Hotel based on my previous stays in Sydney.

I booked four rooms for myself,my brother and sister and a friend. I had nothing but great service from my special requests to the breakfast.

I am extremely fussy, staying at the some of the best hotels around the world and I must say that Intercontinental was exacly what I would have expected.I must outline that I was particularly impressed by the boys upon arriving at the hotel greeting you and welcoming you,followed by the reception staff and good sized rooms.

Good on ya Intercontinental Hotel Times Square, you really do set a sensational standard for other hotels to battle to achieve.

I love you guys.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chorley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I'd booked late, but I'm convinced the hotel was nearly empty so its a shame the room we were given had a view of a late night 100 year old office block on the sixth floor.
Front reception staff made you feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit which is a pity as the rest of the staff, housekeeping, door staff and bar staff always made efforts to help.
The room, pretty much average size New York for a double room, but very clean and tidy.
Location of the hotel was "Times Square" which thankfully we were a block away from so a wee bit misleading there but a decent location nontheless.

Finally, one last gripe, I paid $1000 for a four night stay, yet I was still charged for wireless internet at $13.00 per day. Pretty steep considering Starbucks give it away for free !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Great nearly new hotel.
Lovely well designed rooms. Good size for NY. Beds very comfortable. Concierge very helpful.
You won't go too far wrong here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This trip was a direct result of me winning a Glee-inspired contest at my job, where the grand prize was a weekend trip to stay in Manhattan at this luxury hotel. I had an amazing time.

Most of the front desk and restaurant staff look like magazine models - which was a nice touch. Besides their gorgeous appearance, the service everyone provided was top notch. The staff used my name on almost every contact, and always delivered service with a smile when I was face-to-face with them.

I was upgraded upon check-in to the top floor (36th), which not only padded my Platinum status-sized ego, it also gave me breathtaking views of the most beautiful concrete jungle in the world. Guest services also gave me a late check-out at 2pm at no cost- which saved me $75.

The hotel is very close to a subway station and only a block or two from actual Times Square - so I could not have been in a more convenient location.

I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be treated especially nice and made to feel like they are king of world.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011 via mobile

A very nice hotel ideally located for Times Square. If you get one of the higher rooms you will have excellent views. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I recently came back to this hotel, it was a combination fun/work trip. The beginning of the trip i was there with my girlfriend and my 7 month old son. I requested a fridge (for formula) and a crib on checkin, they had it to our room in less then 20 minutes. Very accommodating and friendly. so about this hotel, as I mentioned in my last review its location is amazing. THe housekeeping here is top notch. easily one of the best i have ever stayed at. they just do an amazing job. The bed is very comfortable, and the decor is very modern, but comfortable. The rooms are very large (especially for Manhattan) and the whole feel of the hotel is very chic. I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors, the views are better then the lower floors.