“Nice Hotel / Some Recommendations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #123 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Campinas, SP
“Nice Hotel / Some Recommendations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

The Hotel is nice and the room is not that small as some previous reviews said. I think it is one of the best in Times Square Area. There is a Subway station just beside the main entrance.
The only problem that I had was regarding the reservation, that was for a Deluxe High Floor room and they gave me a Regular room in a lower floor. The view of my room was an old office building, but I decided to stay there because the room was nice and it was very quiet, because was not facing the 8th ave. They gave me the money back for the room difference at the checkout.

Recommendations:

1) Tips: There are a lot of people to help you, so you have to tip everywhere. For example, there is a guy who help you with the luggage when you arrive, but he just take the luggage from the street and put inside the hotel. I was expecting that he would be the guy who was taking care of the luggage until the room, but I had to tip him and tip another guy to do that, but ok, they are nice.

2) Restaurant: I asked for a chicken sandwich and it was not nice, in my oppinion. Very expensive and tasteless.

3) Don't touch the refrigerator: Once you take any beverage from the refrigerator, they are going to charge you. I just took to check some items and decided to don't take it, but they charged me. The front desk accepted to discount the item, but I think it is not really nice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms faced to the 8th ave.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I came here for my 30th birthday and was so pleased. They even arranged to have a mini cake delivered to my room for my birthday. The room was lovely and spacious and quiet, and the shower is fab.
The staff were really helpful, in particular the concierge who found us a comedy club and made the relevant enquiries.
The only downside is the hotel bar, it is really expensive, and we felt a little cheated at paying £18.00 for a bottle of carlsberg and glass of red wine.
We did have an issue with a cleaner, which once reported, was dealt with amazingly well and we pleased with the outcome.

Room Tip: times square and tube stations are very near !
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My gal and I had the great fortune to stay on march 25 through 27. All around a great hotel and location. The staff especially checkin (Friday at 5pm) and bell staff were awesome. They were helpful, professional and yet nicely social. The room was rock star with a great view. Price was perfect too for the seemed. I would highly recommend and stay there over and over again. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Daughter and I stayed for several nights leisure. Room is well-appointed and larger than most I've stayed in Manhattan. Staff is attentive; concierge Adr**n was exceptional in finding the perfect restaurants and entertainment. Bathroom is new, large and has fabulous large walk-in rain shower. Hotel bar and lounge are cozy refuge.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have had 3 members of my team stay at this hotel but the service lacks what a 5 star should be. Every day they 'Do Apologize' for things they cannot do. I stayed for 6 nights and have been apalled at the level of serivce towards a platinum ambassador member. I guess for them all members are equal so they do not provide customized service but leave it for people to figure things out. Given it is a new hotel, it is definitely a let down on the NYC scene - better stay at the W or westin or Marriott hotels nearby for better service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Just stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was more than what I expected. We got a great rate, the room was really big for NYC. I did some research before and found out that there was a keurig machine in the room. I am a coffee lover and being able to bring my own kcups from home was a plus. The doormen were great. Since this was our first time visiting NYC, they gave us great ideas to eat and how to get to times square. Got tickets to see a play featuring Chris Rock and the theater was literally 1 block from the hotel. We were celebrating my friends 30th birthday and the hotel sent free champagne and a mini cake. This hotel was AWESOME!!!!! This will be the only hotel I stay at on my next visit.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was an excellent hotel to stay in New York if you are there for leisure. It is centrally located within 2 blocks of Time Square but not right in the hustle, bustle of it. The front of the hotel is quiet and close to the metro station. There are a lot of good local restaurants around around there - not tourist trap restaurant. Great work out facility. This Intercontinental Hotel live up to its 5 star name. The hotel is stylish and elegant, bedrooms and bathrooms are a really good size (which is hard to come by if you are in New York), and everything was clean. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The highlight of our trip was the concierge, Kat Bride. She was absolutely wonderful to work with and knew New York like a true New Yorker. We have been to N.Y. many times, but we have always had hits and misses, but all the restaurants she recommended were fantastic and the spa she refer me to was also impeccable. Will definitely stay there again. The only thing is this Intercontinental do not have a Spa on premise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental New York Times Square? Share your experiences!