The Hotel is nice and the room is not that small as some previous reviews said. I think it is one of the best in Times Square Area. There is a Subway station just beside the main entrance.
The only problem that I had was regarding the reservation, that was for a Deluxe High Floor room and they gave me a Regular room in a lower floor. The view of my room was an old office building, but I decided to stay there because the room was nice and it was very quiet, because was not facing the 8th ave. They gave me the money back for the room difference at the checkout.
1) Tips: There are a lot of people to help you, so you have to tip everywhere. For example, there is a guy who help you with the luggage when you arrive, but he just take the luggage from the street and put inside the hotel. I was expecting that he would be the guy who was taking care of the luggage until the room, but I had to tip him and tip another guy to do that, but ok, they are nice.
2) Restaurant: I asked for a chicken sandwich and it was not nice, in my oppinion. Very expensive and tasteless.
3) Don't touch the refrigerator: Once you take any beverage from the refrigerator, they are going to charge you. I just took to check some items and decided to don't take it, but they charged me. The front desk accepted to discount the item, but I think it is not really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening July 2010, InterContinental New York hotel ~ a new landmark in Times Square, stands 36 stories offering panoramic views of Manhattan's skyline, Hudson River and Broadway. At 44th Street and Eighth Avenue, it’s convenient to 39 theatres in the Broadway Theater District. Enjoy the onsite French inspired brasserie, from Celebrity Chef Todd English. The InterContinental New York is the place to meet with more than 10,000 square-feet of flexible New York meeting & event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Hotel New York City