“Recent NYC weekend at the Chatwal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York

Save Saved
You added The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #38 of 453 Hotels in New York City
London, England, United Kingdom
“Recent NYC weekend at the Chatwal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 for 4 nights to celeberate my birthday.
This hotel is simply superb
The service from the beginning to the end was so on point
even before I arrived the helpful concierge Pierre and Bryan Stendahl
Had basically helped me plan me short stay to a T.
The best part of the trip was my room - As im an SPG member and it was my
birthday i was given an upgrade.

All I could say was wow- best hotel expierence I've had in my life
it would be so difficult to top. Genuinely a cool relaxed atmosphere.
Last time I was in NYC i stayed at a horrible hotel called Carlyle which was stuffy
and Rubbish. The Chatwal is a worldclass 5* Hotel in my opinion and
is probably your best bet for a short stay in NYC.

I would definately, stay there again without a shadow of doubt- my room felt like home
Just much nicer :)

Only 1-semi negative point I think the location is good, but not great.
I would love this exact same hotel with exact same staff especially concierge and the Butler
just in downtown Soho or Meatpacking, as there was a somewhat family/older couple
vibe. But not withstanding this is a small negative.

And I liked the fact the Hotel was so calm and relaxed all the time as too much of
a constant party vibe could be a bit much.

Room Tip: To be Honest the decor is stunning, so I think any room would be appropriate for a short stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Melisa A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

It was a pleasure to have you with us as our guest. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit and that you were able to connect with our concierge team prior to your arrival so they could curate your itinerary to suit your desires. We greatly appreciate the very thoughtful comments you had to say about the rest of our team.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future for a return visit. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know by emailing me at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Lance Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Chatwal recently and had to send a email to the manager for the wonderful service I received. Below is my email:

I just wanted to send a quick email to tell you my appreciation of the exemplary service I received during my recent stay at The Chatwal Hotel cannot be overstated. Every staff member I met was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable and professional too, especially Elizabeth Cardona who went above and beyond.

Thank you for offering such great customer service, I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and the Chatwal is top notch. I assure you all my future stays in New York will be in your hotel and I would also recommend it to my business colleagues and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Craig F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your visit to The Chatwal NY.
We are delighted to know you enjoyed your experience at The Chatwal NY. We are very appreciative of the email you took the time to send and of your thoughtful comments about our team.

Should we ever have the opportunity to host you for a return visit, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of assistance.

cakesy80
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed the night here as part of a surprise birthday gift from my lovely parents-in-law; from start to finish, it was absolutely perfect. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and the interior of the lobby, bar and restaurant are gorgeous and meticulously maintained. Our room on the seventh floor was beautiful with ample closet space, a very comfortable bed and a private outdoor courtyard complete with a table and chairs for four and plenty of greenery. The bathrooms were equally beautiful, with a TV hidden in the mirror so you can watch the news while you shower (under a waterfall showerhead that was the biggest I have ever seen). Add to that a toilet with a heated seat for the best bathroom experience of your life! Location of this hotel is great, very near to Times Square and not far from Rockefeller Center and other attractions. I should also mention the spa located in the basement...there is a salt water plunge pool and hot tub which my husband and I took advantage of after a day walking around the city. Lastly, valet parking is $60, which is pretty standard for the location and the convenience. All in all, this place is wonderful and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear cakesy80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your visit with us and that you took them time to indulge in the various amenities offered in the guest room. We are excited that you were able to experience Geoffrey Zakarian’s Lambs Club Restaurant and that you received lavish treatments in The Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Chatwal NY in the future. If there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is pricey but you definitely get what you pay for. The rooms are impeccable, updated, and spacious. You are in the heart of Times Square, yet without the noise and crowds. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear I_DOC_STL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us in the heart of Manhattan’s Theater District.
If we ever have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Chatwal. The staff were amazing and extremely helpful in getting show tickets and reservations at our favourite restaurants. The Lambs Club was fantastic...we felt really spoiled by the staff and the food was outstanding. An excellent bar in the hotel really finished off an amazing day. We could not have found a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nashorn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We very much appreciate your kind words about our team and are thrilled to know you enjoyed your visit with us.

If we ever have the pleasure to host you for a return visit, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can ever be of assistance.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been in New York City many, many times, over the past 50 years and was a guest at several hotels, all in the 5 star line. Some of them did deserve to be called 5 star hotels. Others, unfortunately, should better be in a 3 star category. In the past years, I have been mostly at hotels in the 53rd.-59th street area. This time, I have decided to stay closer to the Theatre area, as my husband and I like very much to go to the Broadway plays and musicals. After a careful selection,we picked up the Chatwal. No regrets at all. The address is fantastic if you wish to be in the theater area. We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 8th floor which was great. The hotel is rather a "boutique" hotel with a small number of rooms. I like this, because , among other reasons, you are not just a number, as everyone knows who your are and call you by your name at all times. There is a fascinating art nouveau atmosphere all over. The suite was perfect, full of "virtual" gimmicks and the bathroom was great, with many extra attractions,like a built in bidê, which was quite useful. The shower was one of the best I've seen in hotels. Everything quite easy to handle. The cleaning service was perfect and the maids were all quite efficient and pleasant. When we left, after a long stay, I requested a late check out for 3 pm which was promptly granted. The one and only problem that we found, unfortunately, was the very slow service at breakfast. Sometimes, there was a 10 minute delay in bringing just an orange juice. Fortunately, 2 or 3 days after our arrival, we were lucky to be served by a waiter who was quite smart and, knew exactly what we wanted. His name was Ray. Nonetheless, I made the terrible mistake of ordering grape fruit slices instead of orange juice one morning and it took 25 minutes to arrive. So, my advice, is not to make a deal including breakfast. You can eat breakfast in one of the many restaurants around the hotel. However, the interesting thing wast that, being in NY on the day of the Nemo snow storm, we decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. The service was great and the food quite good. So, it must be a problem at breakfast. In short, I definitively suggest the hotel to other travelers and, for sure, we shall return, but we'll not include breakfast in our daily rate . Prices are acceptable mainly if your are a Starwood member and, thus, get a special rate Last but not least, the Concierge people are very efficient and always had the care not to suggest expensive places to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Victor B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding the type of experience you had during Breakfast Service in The Lambs Club. We have brought your comments to the attention of their management team to ensure other guests do not have similar experiences.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay overall with us and that you appreciated the amenities throughout your Junior Suite. Should we ever have the opportunity to host you for a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance.

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The Chatwal is part of the luxury collection of Starwood! Close to Time Square and very spacious, clean and modern. The restaurant had many nice offerings with reasonable prices. Service was excellent from all angles. Fitness center is small but functional. Will look to stay again next trip!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear MsLATam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back for a return visit.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Lance Miller

Been to The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!