“Perfection.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York

You added The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #41 of 459 Hotels in New York City
cakesy80
“Perfection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed the night here as part of a surprise birthday gift from my lovely parents-in-law; from start to finish, it was absolutely perfect. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and the interior of the lobby, bar and restaurant are gorgeous and meticulously maintained. Our room on the seventh floor was beautiful with ample closet space, a very comfortable bed and a private outdoor courtyard complete with a table and chairs for four and plenty of greenery. The bathrooms were equally beautiful, with a TV hidden in the mirror so you can watch the news while you shower (under a waterfall showerhead that was the biggest I have ever seen). Add to that a toilet with a heated seat for the best bathroom experience of your life! Location of this hotel is great, very near to Times Square and not far from Rockefeller Center and other attractions. I should also mention the spa located in the basement...there is a salt water plunge pool and hot tub which my husband and I took advantage of after a day walking around the city. Lastly, valet parking is $60, which is pretty standard for the location and the convenience. All in all, this place is wonderful and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear cakesy80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your visit with us and that you took them time to indulge in the various amenities offered in the guest room. We are excited that you were able to experience Geoffrey Zakarian’s Lambs Club Restaurant and that you received lavish treatments in The Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Chatwal NY in the future. If there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Lance Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is pricey but you definitely get what you pay for. The rooms are impeccable, updated, and spacious. You are in the heart of Times Square, yet without the noise and crowds. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear I_DOC_STL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us in the heart of Manhattan’s Theater District.
If we ever have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Chatwal. The staff were amazing and extremely helpful in getting show tickets and reservations at our favourite restaurants. The Lambs Club was fantastic...we felt really spoiled by the staff and the food was outstanding. An excellent bar in the hotel really finished off an amazing day. We could not have found a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nashorn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We very much appreciate your kind words about our team and are thrilled to know you enjoyed your visit with us.

If we ever have the pleasure to host you for a return visit, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can ever be of assistance.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been in New York City many, many times, over the past 50 years and was a guest at several hotels, all in the 5 star line. Some of them did deserve to be called 5 star hotels. Others, unfortunately, should better be in a 3 star category. In the past years, I have been mostly at hotels in the 53rd.-59th street area. This time, I have decided to stay closer to the Theatre area, as my husband and I like very much to go to the Broadway plays and musicals. After a careful selection,we picked up the Chatwal. No regrets at all. The address is fantastic if you wish to be in the theater area. We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 8th floor which was great. The hotel is rather a "boutique" hotel with a small number of rooms. I like this, because , among other reasons, you are not just a number, as everyone knows who your are and call you by your name at all times. There is a fascinating art nouveau atmosphere all over. The suite was perfect, full of "virtual" gimmicks and the bathroom was great, with many extra attractions,like a built in bidê, which was quite useful. The shower was one of the best I've seen in hotels. Everything quite easy to handle. The cleaning service was perfect and the maids were all quite efficient and pleasant. When we left, after a long stay, I requested a late check out for 3 pm which was promptly granted. The one and only problem that we found, unfortunately, was the very slow service at breakfast. Sometimes, there was a 10 minute delay in bringing just an orange juice. Fortunately, 2 or 3 days after our arrival, we were lucky to be served by a waiter who was quite smart and, knew exactly what we wanted. His name was Ray. Nonetheless, I made the terrible mistake of ordering grape fruit slices instead of orange juice one morning and it took 25 minutes to arrive. So, my advice, is not to make a deal including breakfast. You can eat breakfast in one of the many restaurants around the hotel. However, the interesting thing wast that, being in NY on the day of the Nemo snow storm, we decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. The service was great and the food quite good. So, it must be a problem at breakfast. In short, I definitively suggest the hotel to other travelers and, for sure, we shall return, but we'll not include breakfast in our daily rate . Prices are acceptable mainly if your are a Starwood member and, thus, get a special rate Last but not least, the Concierge people are very efficient and always had the care not to suggest expensive places to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Victor B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding the type of experience you had during Breakfast Service in The Lambs Club. We have brought your comments to the attention of their management team to ensure other guests do not have similar experiences.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay overall with us and that you appreciated the amenities throughout your Junior Suite. Should we ever have the opportunity to host you for a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance.

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The Chatwal is part of the luxury collection of Starwood! Close to Time Square and very spacious, clean and modern. The restaurant had many nice offerings with reasonable prices. Service was excellent from all angles. Fitness center is small but functional. Will look to stay again next trip!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear MsLATam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal NY.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back for a return visit.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my first time at the Chatwal. Very luxe, great little touches. I've never experienced a Japanese toilet before - I think I may need to buy one. The TV is huge, the bed is super comfortable, the loaner IPad is a great touch. Excellent bar in the hotel. Very good value for mid-town Manhattan - less expensive than lesser hotels like the W. Little critiques: windows are not as soundproof as they could be. Some of the employees aren't super friendly, others are solicitous, but in a grating way. These are minor, though - this is my new midtown hotel.

Room Tip: I'd advise taking a room facing south, which would probably be quieter than those fronting w. 44...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my parents to NYC for their first ever visit. I have been many times. I had some points/reward stays to use. So, we stayed a few different properties for our 6 day trip. I had read about the Chatwal before arriving and communicated with them prior to our arrival. They were definitely on top of their game. Pierre, a concierge, helped make arrangements for us to dine at The Lambs Club and offered suggestions about transportation. Also, Lance Miller, the front desk supervisor was extremely helpful. He arranged for my parents and I to have connecting rooms. His correspondence with me prior to and after arrival was above and beyond. I like above and beyond. Brandon, our butler, was so very hospitable and did a great job taking care of some pressing we needed. The bell man was incredible at explaining all the amazing features of our rooms (remote controlled drapes and toilet, $18,000 mattresses, tv in mirror, rain shower, etc.). I was also allowed to check out an iPad while in residence. The service was some of the best I've ever received. The food was wonderful. The rooms were so beautiful with incredible touches of detail (i.e. suede walls). We loved the location near the theater district and times square but still quiet. During our visit, we also stayed at the St. Regis, W Times Square, and Carlton. The Chatwal was by far the best because of impeccable rooms and service. I look forward to going back as often as I can. Oh, and I must not forget the awesome Asprey products in the bathroom. Wow!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear KEEPTAHOEBLU,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from The Chatwal NY.

It was my great pleasure to coordinate with you prior to your arrival, in order to ensure the experience for you and your parents was nothing short of perfection.

We are thrilled to know that you spent your time well in New York City and that your parents had a great experience for their first visit. We are very appreciative for your thoughtful comments about our team.

It would again be my pleasure to assist you for any future visits you spend with us. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at lmiller@thechatwalny.com

Lance Miller

Been to The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!