“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

You added Hilton New York Fashion District to your Saves list
Hilton New York Fashion District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Sale From $109
Ranked #193 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Hong Kong, China
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We covered an absolutely HUGE amount of New York during a 3-day sightseeing visit and I don't see how it would have been possible if we had stayed anywhere else (esp further north or south). Centrally located (geographically) in Manhattan and a very short 2 block walk to the subway, we could get virtually anywhere in the city in 20 minutes, max!

Beyond that, the hotel itself is fine - quite chic and very efficient. Friendly staff and good service. The rooms are comfortable and clean and definitely a "New York" version of "large". But hey, when you're out seeing so much you hardly have time to notice that you have to step over your bags to reach the lavatory!

I guess my only criticism is that the decor/atmosphere of the rooftop bar (rated among the city's best) simply does not match the rest of the hotel. The light oak/spruce-covered walls make it feel like a place that specializes in BBQ and chicken wings (a la Hooters?) rather than a romantic and chic perch above a fantastically located and otherwise chic hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for this detailed, wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I will absolutely share your awesome detail comments about our property! Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay with us!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was on the 4th floor and lady from house keeping spoke to me every time she saw me and asked how I was doing and if there was anything she could do.

Also the bar Rare View describes it well...a great view of the city to enjoy your favorite beverage.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for this detailed, wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I will absolutely share your awesome comments with our team members especially Chitra, our housekeeping room attendant! Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay with us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I decided to stay here since it was near FIT and close to Penn Station and in the heart of Chelsea. Just off 7th Avenue, it is very well located. Good lobby and the checkin was smooth. The room was small like all typical New york hotels. Otherwise comfortable beds with small but well appointed bathrooms. I could hear from my next door room and the door locks make a lot of noise and can be heard from outside. Could not figure out the airconditioning as it got very cold and then used to switch off midway thru the night. The RARE bar on the top floor was ok. Great views but was very noisy!!!. Lots of small restaurants and fast food joints nearby for a quick bite. Good overall service and the staff is very helpful in organising taxi's or airport drops. I would go back to this hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking 26th street instead of the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your response and feedback. I apologize that your stay was less than perfect and we wish we would have had the chance to correct the issues that were effecting your experience with us. We highly value and respect each and every one of our guests so I regret to hear your review. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton New York Fashion District during your visit to New York City and I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent access to this world-class hotel which has off-street lane for hassle-free unloading/loading. Self/valet parking half block down the street. Instant service by remarkably friendly staff sets the standard in customer service. Smiles, friendly chat, courteous service are genuine standards at this service-oriented hotel. Rooms have best beds we've encountered in years of US and European travel. Room service is prompt, courteous and friendly.Excellent location
able to easily walk to all neighborhoods between lower Central Park and Staten Island ferry. This excellent hotel is the standard bearer forAmerican service.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for this wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I will absolutely share your awesome comments with our team. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay!

Brisbane, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The building itself is functional. The neighborhood is standard Chelsea. But what REALLY sets this place apart is the service. I arrived VERY late one morning, 2:30AM, and the hotel was ready for me. They had my keycard ready, and even asked if I was hungry (which I was). They then suggested a place that delivered and suggested I could shower and relax, and they'd call me when the food arrived. When the food DID arrive, it was around 4:00 so they offered a later check out time. Because I got in so late, I didn't get to experience any of the amenities. The room was VERY comfortable and the TV even greeted me when I arrived. I travel for work all the time but almost never had a chance to stay at a Hilton so I didn't know what to expect. I was very happily shocked. One thing to keep in mind - unlike a lot of other hotels, unless you're a Hilton member, internet access is an additional cost. However, the rooms here are less expensive than comparable hotels with free internet, so I'd rather pay for internet at a hotel with such great service, than get internet free from some chain with surly front desk staff. Next time I'm in NY, back to Hilton NY Fashion District.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. The Front Desk Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful so I am glad you recognize our awesome Night Audit Staff, especially Sid! Again, thank you for taking out the time to write this review and for staying at Hilton New York Fashion District.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The building is correct, not luxurious. The best is the people who work in it. The service is excellent. The continental breakfast is good at "RARE" restaurant. And the house made vegetable soup is fresh and tasty. The attention of the people at the front desk is excellent. Caroline assist me in many request quickly and efficiently. It is not fancy, but very comfortable.
The rooms are ok and the maids work efficiently.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for awesome reviews about Hilton New York Fashion District! Our Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful they are so Caroline certainly delivered top notch service to you as well!
Again, thank you so much for choosing Hilton New York Fashion district and please let us know when you are planning to visit New York City again so we can ensure you to have another fantastic stay with us!
Have a good day!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I travel to NYC on business about 8 weeks a year and have been doing do for the last 4 years.
As a Hilton preferred customer I have stayed in 3 different Hiltons, The Waldorf Astoria and 2 Doubletrees in Manhattan over the last 5 years.By far my favorite is the Hilton Fashion District.
The location is quiet compared to the other hotels- though still central to the majority of the attractions I enjoy.
The staff here is attentive and gracious without being pretentious.
Especially the folks at the front desk. The ladies there are fantastic and I always look forward to stepping into the hotel. :-)
I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: High rooms are always quieter in Manhattan
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal guest at Hilton Hotels and thank you for this detailed review of your most recent stay with us. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share your wonderful comments with our Front Office team members! We would very much look forward to another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton. Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Hilton New York Fashion District? Share your experiences!