“Great Hotel, Very clean and good spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

You added Hilton New York Fashion District to your Saves list
Hilton New York Fashion District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Sale From $109
Ranked #193 of 458 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Very clean and good spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel over the Thanksgiving period and found it to be a great place to get our heads down after lots of shopping and sight seeing. You are only a short walk from Macys and the subway is not far, although it is a nice walk up to Times Square. The Hotel has a newish look about it and great restaurant on the side. Also close for a good night out in the meatpacking district.
Ps - also good tv channels to watch while getting ready :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for a short trip to New York. Central location and great rate made it perfect. Reception was very friendly. Room was very clean. Only negative was you had to wait for security to use the elevator, a new access control system is being implemented.

Doral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I loved this property. From the decor, to the finishings and furnishings, to the friendly staff and great location, it all came together wonderfully during a last-minute business trip. The property also has a great roof-top lounge and a very decent steakhouse (RARE) on the ground floor, which made late work days a lot less stressful!

I usually stay at the Millennium Hilton at the World Trade Center site, but I have to say that this property offered a much more convenient place to stay - allowing more walking access to neighborhoods, and easier cabs at night (NYC cabs tend to abandon the Financial District late at night!).

Little niceties for Hilton HHonors VIP members included a welcome treat of wine and snacks at check-in and bottled water.

The biggest drawbacks would be the tiny rooms (even for NYC) and the views, which, due to the property's location, unless you were on the highest floors as I was, would be of more buildings, and even the offices next door were "in your face" as the building is set back from the sidewalk. From my room I had an excellent view of the Empire State Building and the Garment District.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room high up, if not on on the top floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When we arrived to the hilton this past weekend in NYC, we thought that the property was going to be awesome since they give you 24 hr room service, and they had great reviews of the hotel. We were surely mistaken when we arrived. First we had to wait until check-in time, totally reasonable since we arrived 1 1/2 hrs early. However, when the check-in time came around we were still unable to check-in someone was still in one of the rooms, and they were still cleaning the other room, mind you at check-in time they are still cleaning when check out is at 12pm and check-in is at 3pm. We said okay fine just let us know when the rooms are available. We were expecting at 6:00 we would be getting a call from the hotels that the rooms were all set and ready to be checked it. To me, this is ridiculous waiting 3 extra hours when they should have already been all set. Next we get to our rooms one of them smells like smoke. It is a non-smoking hotel know we knew why they had to have "extra" time to clean one of the rooms. It smelled pretty gross for someone who doesn't smoke. When we look at the menu to make sure room service was 24hrs, the staff had no idea what we were talking about. We thought it was our mistake looked on the website and it clearly states 24hr room service provided. The only thing nice about this hotel is the resturant next door called Rare. They have pretty good food and good drinks. I would not recommend anyone to go to this hotel even if it was for a weekend like we did. Horrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and experience at Hilton New York Fashion District! I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure an exceptional stay. I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed on 1/14/13. Pleasantly surprised with the free red wine served at check in with little goody bag of treats. I learned there was a catch - but more of that in a bit. This property is very trendy - one of the most interesting branding designs I've seen in a HIlton property. The vibe was hip and groovy but not in an rude or unapproachable way. Reserved through Hilton.com for the best price - about $30 less than nearby properties. Well worth the $199.

The check in staff were great - I did receive 2 bottles of free water as a HHonors member at check in. Unfortunately I had an early flight and couldn't take up the offer for a free breakfast voucher. I regret not going immediately up to the rooftop bar to check it out - and I ended up being out too late to see it that night. But I imagine that if its anything like the rest of the property, it's a great hang out spot.

After check in, the fun started. The elevators were haywire. Unfortunately, a staff member with service key, was running the elevators manually, old school. To get a lift back down from your room, you had to call down to the front desk for a lift. Inconvenient. But the staff were in such positive spirits through this, probably huge pain, that it wasn't a problem.

Had a great burger with belgian style fries and drinks at the adjoining restaurant, Rare. Probably one of the top 5 burgers I've had.

Check out at 5am the next day was fine - as was the valet elevator services from the 21st floor. The doorman had to run out to 7th Ave to Flag a cab for me, but it all worked out fine.

Overall, an excellent stay due to the great staff and neat digs of this unique HIlton.

Room Tip: Like everywhere else in NYC, the higher up the better the views. But its a newer property so you pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver another excellent service. Thank you for staying at Hilton New York Fashion District!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in New York for a week-long business meeting. Our offices were very close hence Hilton Fashion District was the most logical choice from a distance point of view. So that is its main (if not its only) saving grace, in my view.

The service was below expectations for a Hilton hotel (i.e. I'm not asking for rose petals or ostrich-feather fans. This is not a luxury hotel and I'm on a business trip.) I was expecting at least competent staff with enough knowledge to execute basic transactions like dealing with an extension request or explaining differences between rooms. The staff handling the request couldn't wrap her head around what was going on with my booking and with those requests. At some point, she referred to her colleague who was equally lost. I just came from a 16 hour flight and didn't want to prolong standing at the reception while dealing with staff who obviously didn't know what was going on. I gave them time to sort it out till the following morning. Unfortunately, it was the same banana the next day.

That sort of experience upon arrival leaves a bad taste in your mouth and makes one more critical of the hotel you're in. I was annoyed that the room they gave me was on a lower floor, looking out to a busy street - thank you for all the traffic noise - just what a jet-lagged person needs. I just didn't have the energy to deal with the staff again for a change room request. The walls on the hall were a sick shade of green that reminded me of a hospital or a low-end hostel. I could barely wait to get out each morning so instead of staying to have my breakfast there, I would dash out to grab something at the corner Argo Tea place.

Overall, Hilton Fashion District was adequate accommodation for someone travelling by herself with no romanticized agendas and just expecting pure utility. It provided a bed to sleep in at a location that suited the purpose at that time. Unfortunately, nothing more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. I regret to hear that the service you received by the Front Desk staff did not meet your expectations. The Front Desk Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful they are so I apologize that the same quality service was not extended to you during your stay. I have passed on your comment to our Director of Front Office so that further training may take place and so that consistent, top-notch service is provided.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton New York Fashion District during your visit to New York City and I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Corona Del Mar, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its completely untrue that all NY city hotels in Manhattan are expensive and overpriced. In fact, I just stayed at his lovely NY hotel for less than I paid at the Denver airport the same week. I know its a well-known fact that staying in NY is expensive and its not cheap but, you can get a good night's sleep in a clean room, just a short cab ride from Time Square and not break the bank. I would say that when returning to NY again, I would definitely stay at the NY Hilton on 26th Street and 7th Ave. Everyone was totally helpful from the front desk to the doorman.

Also had their daily lunch special for only $10.95 and used my Gold status to get a free buffet in morning with fabulous fresh OJ and some of the best coffee you have ever had. I am not sure I have had a better deal than this in a long time and it was in all places NY.

Room Tip: These rooms are small so get ready for a smaller than average space. You're only going to sleep...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton New York Fashion District? Share your experiences!