I was in New York for a week-long business meeting. Our offices were very close hence Hilton Fashion District was the most logical choice from a distance point of view. So that is its main (if not its only) saving grace, in my view.
The service was below expectations for a Hilton hotel (i.e. I'm not asking for rose petals or ostrich-feather fans. This is not a luxury hotel and I'm on a business trip.) I was expecting at least competent staff with enough knowledge to execute basic transactions like dealing with an extension request or explaining differences between rooms. The staff handling the request couldn't wrap her head around what was going on with my booking and with those requests. At some point, she referred to her colleague who was equally lost. I just came from a 16 hour flight and didn't want to prolong standing at the reception while dealing with staff who obviously didn't know what was going on. I gave them time to sort it out till the following morning. Unfortunately, it was the same banana the next day.
That sort of experience upon arrival leaves a bad taste in your mouth and makes one more critical of the hotel you're in. I was annoyed that the room they gave me was on a lower floor, looking out to a busy street - thank you for all the traffic noise - just what a jet-lagged person needs. I just didn't have the energy to deal with the staff again for a change room request. The walls on the hall were a sick shade of green that reminded me of a hospital or a low-end hostel. I could barely wait to get out each morning so instead of staying to have my breakfast there, I would dash out to grab something at the corner Argo Tea place.
Overall, Hilton Fashion District was adequate accommodation for someone travelling by herself with no romanticized agendas and just expecting pure utility. It provided a bed to sleep in at a location that suited the purpose at that time. Unfortunately, nothing more.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New York Fashion District Hotel
- Hilton New York Fashion District Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be fashionable. One of New York City's newest hotels, Hilton New York Fashion District offers stunning design, exemplary service and four-star amenities in the heart of the fashion capital of the world. Located on West 26th Street in one of Manhattan's most remarkable neighborhoods, Hilton New York Fashion District is steps away from the Fashion Institute of Technology, The Empire State Building, Herald Square and the renowned Macy's flagship. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton New York Fashion District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.