“Great experience at Hilton NY Fashion District” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

Save Saved
You added Hilton New York Fashion District to your Saves list
Hilton New York Fashion District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #169 of 449 hotels in New York City
Valencia, California
“Great experience at Hilton NY Fashion District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great experience we had at this hotel. I'd booked a room a month in advance knowing at the time that our overnight flight would bring us in super early. At the time of reservation I asked if we could get an early check-in. I followed up on the request each week and the morning that we arrived I very politely asked if we could get in early. The hotel was so accommodating, they called us while we were eating breakfast and gave us a beyond belief early check in. Everone from the concierge to the front desk employees gave us great suggestions, great directions and made our trip fantastic. The bed was very comfortable and the room was immaculate. We even had a room overlooking the street and it was so very quiet.
Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for this wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I will absolutely share your awesome comments with our team members. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay!

1,892 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton Fashion District is a brand new, boutique style hotel in Chelsea. It has a nice neighborhood feel, is close to the subway, good restaurants, without the tourist bustle of times square. Rooms were typically small for New York, but comfortable and well-appointed. Nice restaurant/bar in the lobby as well as a rooftop bar with amazing views!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

There is nothing really awful about this hotel, but nothing great either. The room was clean, but small and dark, especially when first entered. It looks to be fairly recently refurbished, but it isn't inviting. The bed was comfortable and pillows were ample, but the pillows were on the hard side. Little details seemed cheap : no fan in bathroom, no notepads to write on, just tiny squares of paper. When I checked out, there was a minibar charge for a minibar that I hadn't even opened. For the money, there are other hotels in this area of NYC that are a better value, and I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and experience at Hilton New York Fashion District! I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure an exceptional stay. I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Right after Hurricane Sandy -- my husband and I were forced out of our NYC apartment and spent one night at this hotel. We were really pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms. We got a queen-sized room but the rest of the room and bathroom was quite large.

It was comfortable and the Kerig coffee maker was a nice touch. WiFi, in my opinion, should always be included. It wasn't at this hotel. But I was only there for one night so it was fine.

If you are coming from out of town -- I don't know if this is the best area to stay in just because it's not that central. You aren't in walking distance to a lot of attractions.

I didn't think the staff was particularly nice because when we came in the girl at the front desk acted like we were bothering her when we tried to check in. She didn't greet us with a smile or anything. But at least the rooms are really nice to make up for it.

Room Tip: We had a room near the front and it was a bit noisy. See if you can get a room facing the back of t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. I regret to hear that the service you received by the Front Desk staff did not meet your expectations. The Front Desk Staff often get compliments on how friendly and helpful they are so I apologize that the same quality service was not extended to you during your stay. I have passed on your comment to our Director of Front Office so that further training may take place and so that consistent, top-notch service is provided.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton New York Fashion District during your visit to New York City and I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed in two different hotels this trip to NYC, so interesting to compare. Location of this one is not bad, in the middle of a mixed business/residential area of New York but close enough to 42nd or Canal St. that walking is not a big problem (plus pretty close to two subway lines). Not much in the way of restaurants nearby, a fair number of delis, etc. Will probably stay further north or south on our next visit to NYC. Rooms are as expected, comfortable but small. Price maybe a bit high (the whole "fashion district" thing"?) but you get what you pay for, and certainly no complaints to share.

A few quirks - guests must use room key to access elevators but do not have direct access to the roof-top bar, must use lobby - no reason why, just because. Elevator girl was kind enough to drop us off at our floor on the way down but said not really supposed to do that (staff were very friendly and helpful). Bathroom lights are on a motion sensor to save energy but both mornings I ended up having part of my shower in the dark because the sensor thought the bathroom was empty.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side look out onto alleyway until about 18th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and experience at Hilton New York Fashion District! There is an option for bathroom light censor on/off and I do apologize it was not explained to you when you were staying with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Central location in walking / short taxi ride to everything. Close to metro. Staff were very helpful -arranged for us to have 2 rooms beside each other and a late check out even though we booked with a last minute rate. The room size was ok considering it was NYC. Not on the best looking street but safe. Excellent roof top bar with views of the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

When I had a problem with the heating in the room the manager Eliza did a fantastic job sorting it out. He was helpful and courteous - beyond expectations. Overall prompt service made me feel welcome. Well-located for midtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton New York Fashion District? Share your experiences!