“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

You added Hilton New York Fashion District to your Saves list
Hilton New York Fashion District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Sale From $109
Ranked #195 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Winter Park, Florida
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nice hotel, good location. Had two double beds and the room was a good size by New York standards. Nice touch of turn down service! Only criticism: bad lighting with the extra mirror on the exterior of the bathroom. Would rather have had an extra mirror in the main part of the room. Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

First time i stayed at this Hotel was last year. Everything was great. The room was comfortable and clean. The location is also great, about 15 mins walk to Times Square and Empire State bldg. The service was great. It was in October and it was freezing and snowing and the door man went a got a cab for us.
My second stay was this past Sept. We were 4 and made a reseration for 2 doubles and instead they reserved 1 king. We were told there were no rooms available with 2 doubles. Had to wait about 30 mins in the lobby and magically the manager found a room. So that was kind of frustrating. Had the opportunity to check out the lounge upstairs and it was amazing. The view was fantastic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Decent sized rooms for NYC, very comfortable bed and newly refurbished bathroom suite with walk-in shower (no tub). Room on the 14th floor at the back of the hotel was quiet enough that we did not need to use the earplugs supplied. We were in a hurry so took breakfast, not included in our room deal, in the restaurant at ground level. A cheese omelette and greasy hash browns for $14 to a standard worse than alrline food was unexpected and never to be repeated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side for a quieter night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend and the end of September whilst having a weekend away in New York. The room was compact (typical NY) but modern and clean with a comfortable bed. The views from our room were great (20th floor overlooking the Empire State Building) and the hotel is only a couple of blocks from two metro lines, and six blocks from the highline.

What we weren't particularly keen on was the food and bar areas. The rare bar is all at ground and lower ground levels, so rather than being a feature of the stay it was more something to get out the way and get on with the day somewhere else.The buffet breakfast was OK and there is a small cook to order list as well.

The service was good and the rooftop bar has great views of the city. Only downside is the plastic cups for beer and cocktails but I'm guessing this might be NY regulations.

Overall a good venue, would just be good if they served breakfast on the roof as well!

M

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to our Director of Restaurant to discuss this matter. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodations you have every right to expect from Hilton New York Fashion District. Thank you for staying with us!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 4 and 5 October 2012. Having requested a room on a high floor with a good view, I was given a room on the 22nd floor. Great you might think! However, if you read other reviews the problem with the 22nd floor is that it is directly below the roof top bar on the 23rd floor and there is music playing until 12.30am. So beware of the rooms on the 22nd floor if you are looking for a quiet room with no noise!

My first impression on entering the hotel is that it is quite dark. The carpets on each floor are a dark colour, the elavators are painted in a dark brown colour as are the skirting boards. The room itself was much smaller compared to the one I stayed in at the Millenium Hilton 5 days earlier. There was no bath in the room just a shower which was perfectly acceptable for my purposes. Again dark carpets and walls!

Despite my comments about the roof top bar, I would recommend that you visit it to experience the view especially of the Empire State Building. There is a private elavator which takes you up the bar from lobby level. The girl who takes you up in the elevator is extremely friendly and pleasant as is the girl who meets you once you reach the roof top. I found both of them to be a very personable and a credit to the hotel.

Guests also have access to a small business centre located behind the check-in desk where you can print off boarding passes and also access the internet free of charge!

In summary, not bad hotel although if I had a choice, I would choose the Millenium Hilton over this hotel despite its location in Lower Manhattan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and one not located near an elevator or vending machines.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your response. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. I apologize that your stay was less than perfect and we wish we would have had the chance to correct the noise issue that was affecting your experience with us. We highly value and respect each and every one of our guests so we do appreciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are planning a visit to New York City so that I may ensure the quietest room in house.

Bayville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My partner and I spent my birthday weekend in my favorite city!! I researched hotels and am very picky about staying in dumpy places however I don't want to spend $500.00 for one night!! I was quite leary when I saw the price...never thought it would be as nice as it sounded. How nice to be surprised!! It did have great reviews on Trip Advisor so that was my deciding factor! Everything was clean and spotless...the room was newly decorated, bathroom was immaculate, and Peter Roth bath amenities to top it all off! The bed was incredibly comfortable and plenty of room for a NYC hotel room...people were complaining about the "pain in the neck" system of the elevators! I thought it was great....felt very secure! Not easy to get up to the floors if you didnt have a room key. Oh yeah, and location, location, location!! Definitely will be back!

Room Tip: worth picking the king on the higher floor and paying the extra money!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay with us. Thank you for staying with us!

Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I just recently returned from NYC with my boyfriend and we had a great 2 night stay at this hotel. I sort of knew what to expect as I have been reading everyone's reviews for quite some time and the reviews were pretty spot on. We asked for a high room with a great view but unfortunately we were only able to get a room on the 10th floor facing another building. No big deal for us though, we felt it was quite intimate and secluded - very romantic. The room was very small but at the same time was very comfortable with modern amenities and a very comfy bed :) The decor was fresh and modern and the room was very clean. Bathroom had only a shower but we didnt mind at all. The concierge and front desk seemed very friendly and were very helpful in answering our questions. Location was by far the best. We were in close walking distance to all the shopping, dining and nightlife. Taxis were right out in front of the hotel if we needed to travel a longer distance. I would definetely stay at the hotel again, we had a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver another excellent service. Thank you for staying at Hilton New York Fashion District!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Hilton New York Fashion District? Share your experiences!