“our trip to Harlam” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 97 New York City B&B and Inns
Napa
“our trip to Harlam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

the room was very nice, the ladies did a nice job of welcoming us.
my only two concerns were: 1) there is only 1 mirror,high above the bathroom sink it was very difficult to use.and no mirror to check the outfit before going out for the evening.
2. i would have appreciated a rug beside my bed,

aside from that our stay was quite
enjoyable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed here for 7 days while taking in the sights of New York. The room was perfect, clean, large with a kitchen and lounge area. It's near 3 subway stops so getting downtown is easy. And the people we meet here and in Harlem were so so soooo friendly! We've had a great time and would definitely come back and stay again

• Stayed April 2014
Virserum, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

It must be one of the best, very good room equipped with everyting you need. Close to subway and restaurants. 15 minutes from downtown. We arrive in middle of night and was welcomed by a nice girl who help us with our luggage an show us

• Stayed March 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Me and my two friends spent a week here and really enjoyed our stay. When we told people we were staying in Harlem they were a bit worried but we felt extremely safe. Also, we got to explore an area we would not normally. The hotel is so lovely, it is in an art gallery, which is nice to look around. The rooms are also very boutique, which added an individual touch. The amenities were really good, including kettle, coffee maker, toaster and microwave. It is a good location, walking distance to subway, which will only take about 20 mins to get to times square. I recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at La Maison. It was sparkling clean and very comfortable. The room was peaceful and quiet and the bed was amazingly soft and exactly the way I like it. The receptionist was so friendly I really felt at home here. They helped with all my needs and gave me so much information about the surrounding area I didn't feel lost or worried about exploring the area. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MariaT22
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at La Maison d’ Art in November 2013 (4th – 13th). We stayed in the Victorian room and it was perfect for our needs. We are a couple in our late twenties and wanted a base so that we could explore NYC at our own pace. By choosing to stay in Harlem we were able to extend our stay to 9 nights as it was much cheaper. The Subway was a 10 minute walk away and we found Harlem to be a lovely area to stay in even when walking back to our B&B late in the evening. I didn’t feel any less safe than what I would do walking around London at a similar time of day. I highly recommend purchasing an unlimited metro card as it is extremely good value – we made so many trips on the subway that we would’ve spent far more if we had paid for trips separately.

La Maison d’ Art is a true gem. Our room was small but it was all we needed and I loved the bathroom - if I could’ve packed it in my suitcase to take home with me I would have! I loved the décor of the room so feminine and quirky and the bed was extremely comfy. The room had a fridge, cups/plates/utensils etc and hot drink making facilities so it was nice to be able to keep some milk and bits and bobs in the fridge. There is limited storage space for clothes in the room but myself and my Husband didn’t mind living out of a suitcase and there is a small amount of hanging space which we used to hang up coats/shirts etc. There was a small TV in the room which was nice to stick on whilst getting ready in the mornings.
The rooms are cleaned upon request which suited us perfectly. We didn’t make use of the shared facilities as we were out and about most of the time but we did use the phone to make a couple of free calls to the UK which was a great perk. Even though our room was situated above the art gallery we didn’t experience any noise and had a pleasant night’s sleep every night.

What I liked about La Maison d’ Art was that you felt like you were staying in ‘real’ New York rather than a chain hotel. So many friends of mine have visited New York but have all stayed in the main chain hotels which although nice don’t have much character. La Maison d’ Art felt like a home from home.

The staff at La Maison d’ Art are brilliant. We had an in-depth overview of NYC upon arrival and whenever we had a query or needed anything (e.g. we needed to print out some tickets so they let us use their printer free of charge) they would do everything and more to help. They even called a cab for us when we left and made sure that the correct rate was agreed with our driver. We felt like we were leaving friends rather than a hotel and were seen off with a hug each.

La Maison d’ Art helped to make our holiday a completely unique and memorable experience so much so that a month after our return from our holiday we found out we took home the ultimate souvenir – we’re expecting our first baby. So all I can say is La Maison d’ Art will certainly hold a special place in our hearts and we hope to return one day with our little one! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Waregem, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

-> hosts (Stephanie & Sofie) : really friendly and helpful with local information (restaurants, gospel, subway,...)
-> rooms beautiful designed, comfortable, lovely style (you feel at home)
-> perfect to explore the city (subway is nearby) and find some quietness at night
-> nice athmosphere in the neighbourhood (veterans pub), friendly people
-> value for money, good service, free use of the phone, good facilities (coffee, ...)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Maison d'Art? Share your experiences!