“A beautiful hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters World Trade Center

Save Saved
You added Club Quarters World Trade Center to your Saves list
Club Quarters World Trade Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Washington Street, New York City, NY NY 10006 (Financial District)   |
Ranked #119 of 449 hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“A beautiful hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I took my 13 year-old daughter on a special long weekend trip. I wanted to stay in Manhattan, but all the other hotels in this price range had shared bathrooms and were in much older buildings. This brand-new. hotel was beautiful, with helpful staff and a great location. It was less than a 5 minute walk to at least 3 subway lines, which made getting uptown super easy. And less than 5 minutes to Battery Park. The rooms are a touch small, but sparkling clean and well suited, with comfy chairs for end-of-the-day lounging. There is free wifi and computers and printers in the lobby as well. There is a top-floor restaurant and sun terrace, which we only discovered on our last night - too bad, as we would have spent our evenings up there! The only drawback is that it's right behind the World Trade Center reconstructions and one morning we heard the machinery very early. I will stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I had a reservation for 4 adults to stay in a non- smoking hotel suite at this hotel in May 2011 for 3nights/a weekend stay. When we arrived we were given a suite on the 19th floor, which apparently was the smoking floor- the front desk rep. attempted to sell the room to us telling us it had a great view and ceiling to floor windows for 2 walls of the room. When we get to the room it was very small, had a little sofa bed couch and 1queen-size bed, and the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I called downstairs and told them I'd requested a non-smoking room. We were switched to another hotel suite, still tight but had a bit more room than the suite we were assigned to previously. Although the reservation was for 4 people, there were only enough coffee cups, and towels for 2 people. There was only 1 extra roll of toilet tissue in the room.
What set me off was that when I called down to the front desk to ask for additional towels I was asked why did I need so many and how many people were in the room! I thought this was rude and inappropriate to ask. We had to keep calling the front desk for toilet tissue and other toiletries b/c it was not being replenished by housekeeping.
This hotel also claims to provide complimentary bottled water- there were no clean empty water bottles available on our floor to use the water machines. It was just a very unaccomodating room for 4 people and the staff were very non-chalant about caring for our requests- they came with towels when they were ready to come.
Then there's the work being done on the old WTC building/Freedom Tower- the construction work kept us awake all night on a Friday night b/c they worked the entire night- this was a HORRENDOUS experience. I was very disappointed with this stay.

Room Tip: A suite is comfortable for only 2 people.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

After a pleasant stay at this hotel last year, we booked again in April 2011. THERE WAS NO BED in our room! It was literally an uncomfortable pull-out couch (made up to look like a bed). Terrible! After a very angry phone call, we were transferred to another hotel. Will not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel was nice. It is right next door to the World Trade Center site.

The only downfalls were that my bathroom had a bad mildew smell to it and that you could loudly hear everyone talking / closing doors in the hallway.

The rooms were tiny.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011 via mobile

I called in at 3:30 the day before my reservation to cancel. I talked to Mike and informed him that I was just informed that I had mandatory pre-deployment training for the next day. He informed me I had to cancel by noon and I was 3 1/2 late. I asked him if he could waive it since I had nothing to do with my plans changing. He informed me that he had to charge me the full nights rate. To me that is horrible customer service. I gave a 26 hour notice and I had no control over this. I will make sure to spread the word about this hotel being non-military friendly.

• Stayed April 2011
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Checking in is quick and the security is high (you can use elevators with your room card only)
The single rooms are on the small side, but two people have enough space to walk around. Intelligent room organisation and quality technology.
The washroom like the room is on the small side, but perfect !
The location is great: it's FAR from Times Square, but if you're there to discover NYC in 4 days+ than youreally ought to get a weekly pass OR by tickets as you go. Therefore, you're gonna use the metro anyways and there are stations nearby and the ride is quick! So the locations is IDEAL if you don't want to be in the middle of it all and want a GREAT deal and clean one too!

What made me happy as a customer is the fact that we had access to bottled water and coffee at all times on each floor! IT's the little things that hotels can do that show 'thought' was put in towards customer care.

We also had a view of ground zero and it was bitter sweet ...

I also recommend going and having the All American buffet breakfast (but it will cost 36$ with the 18% included gratuity). But do it once and enjoy the view and the good food (meat, eggs, coffee, juice (e.g. orange with pulp! :D, ceareal, yogurt, fruits, pancakes, American syrup, potatoes, continental pastries).

Visit St-Paul's chapel, it was dedicated to help the volunteer workers working on ground zero.

You can also walk to the ferry that brings you to the statue of liberty :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

This is my first review on Trip Advisor but after my stay at Club Quarters World Trade Center, I absolutely felt compelled to comment on it. I've been to NYC many, many times and have stayed in luxury hotels, chic boutique hotels, average chain hotels, and unfortunately a few really low-budget hotels that I literally had to leave in the middle of my stay. Club Quarters is truly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I've traveled the world and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. Truly, Club Quarters is the nicest hotel ever. It's modern, chic, hip, spotless, and the front staff is extremely helpful and nice. The first floor lounge is beautiful and should be in a modern architecture magazine. The cool fresh water dispensers in the hallway, complete with their own water bottles, made my stay that much more enjoyable. The small rooms are designed so no space was left without a purpose. The location is great, too. Literally 10 feet from the former World Trade Center yet 50 feet from the West Side highway (so very easy to catch a cab). The WTC subway station is about 5 blocks away. I walked it with my rolling suitcase, however, in the future, I will take a cab from the subway station to make it a little easier. Battery park is few blocks away, so running/walking is less than a 5 minute walk for a serene exercise path along the river. Tribeca is just 3 blocks north and lots of little food places. The price was shocking for how well this hotel is. I will only stay here from now on.

Room Tip: Weekends are much less expensive than weekdays.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Club Quarters World Trade Center? Share your experiences!