“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #271 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Regensburg, Germany
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We (my wife and I) stayed three nights in August for business and pleasure.

Rooms are tiny but as others have said - this is NY! The bed was very comfortable, AC worked fine, and bathroom was clean.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was ok - typical CI fare.

The location was great - near Subway station and other restaurants, bars, etc. Walking distance to China Town, Little Italy, and even downtown, Brooklyn Bridge etc.

My only complaint is the dirty carpets in the lobby and hallways. Was the vacuum cleaner broken? It would make a better impression if the lobby and hallways were vacuumed once in awhile.

Overall a good value in an expensive city.

Room Tip: Upper floors away from street noice
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

only by a hair. I feel the need to compare them since they're both Comfort Inns just a few blocks from each other. And even though they're that close, the CI Lower East Side wins for location - pretty much mid-way between Delancey and Houston - with better options for dining, bars, etc. I started referring to the area around the sister hotel, CI Manhattan Bridge, as the Times Square of Chinatown - way more congested and just less appealing to me. But the CI Manhattan Bridge wins for staff, who were just generally more helpful, as well as for room comfort - still tiny, but better laid out.

Regardless, I would stay here again, especially if it was a short stay. It did NOT help that the elevator was out of order several times during our stay. As I said in the review of the CI Manhattan Bridge, I cannot comment on breakfast. Free or not, I'd much rather partake of all the yummy offerings (this time I got hooked on Nordic Preserves, Fish & Wildlife in Essex Market) right outside my door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Reading some reviews, I had concerns, all gone on arrival. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating; friendly and helpful. Yes, the rooms are small, it's New York! Free wifi, free water, complimentary breakfast. Great location, lots of bars, restaurants, TOO close to Katz's! :) Requested a room at the back, no street noise. Hurt my ankle, staff gave me all assistance I needed including extended checkout as I couldn't walk around til time to leave for airport. Woyld definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back, no street noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very happy! Hotel staff very accommodating and helpful; able to check in early. Affiliate parking garage a few blocks away, considerably cheaper than all other area garages. Continental breakfast was very impressive for such a small hotel! Clean and tidy room with very comfortable beds/pillows; tight/'cozy' with 4 people but we made it work just fine, we only needed it to get ready and sleep there! The area/LES was perfect, close to everything we needed..Mikey's burger place next door was delicious, best turkey burger I've ever had! And loved Iggy's next door for drinks as well. Can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor/side facing: completely quiet at night, for the light sleeper I am I had no...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here from July 12-17th 2014. The good points. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had tried booking a room in the back but there were none the night we arrived. Jasmine gave us a lower rate and made sure that first thing in the morning we could move to a room in the back of the hotel. The other desk clerks were friendly and we felt welcome while we were there. The housekeeping was okay. We saw lots of febreeze being used. The room is small. I commented on this at the front desk and was met with the reply, yeah, this is NYC, what can you expect. But there really isn't room for bags and people. We started laughing about it, but it was kind of crazy to have to jump on the bed, so someone could walk to the bathroom. I've stayed in a number of hotels in Europe where they are even smaller than in NYC and they are much roomier. How? Get rid of extraneous furniture, build bunks, go sleek and modern like Citizen M. They fit so much more in the same space. It is possible. This is not any fault of the staff, but American hotels could be so much better and still be budget. Take a page from the hotels in Germany that are sleek, modern and comfortable and in the same space as this place.

Room Tip: This is a tiny hotel. There is a bar across the street that rocks all night, so get a room in the b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Good location (with plenty of safe, entertaining bars, etc.) and terrific staff, esp. George and Dan. The price was decent, but yes, the rooms and everything about the building were sort of like being in a submarine --- very small. Still, all considered, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hackensack, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel is very basic but the staff is great and the location can't be beat. I have stayed there twice this month and the bars in the area had live music and crowds on a Monday! I found a parking spot on the street. Katz's Deli is right down the block, tons of cool trendy restaurants. It is also one of the few hotels I can actually get for under $200.

Room Tip: If you plan on getting any sleep, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!