“Very rude guest service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #263 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Very rude guest service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here three days and two nights and let me tell you I was not pleased at all I came here from so far and I was not happy with the way I was greeted in the morning by the rude young lady. She was talking on her phone and on top of that she was not welcoming she was giving me an attitude. I would really have liked to tell management that they should put ethical people for the front desk the rest of the front desk staff was perfectly professional and they should do something about there talkative staff member angle. The place was really close to my partners work place but I won't be returning here.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Clichy, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Of course the bedroom was too small but well equipped and above all, the hotel is very well situated, especially for young people. Staff could be more friendly... Beakfast is OK although the breakfast room is small. Overall appreciation : a good hotel for an economic stay in New York, provided the rates remain relatively low.

Room Tip: Prefer higher floors and rooms on the back (facing East), the street may be noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The employees, receptionist- Jasmine Bautista, Maintenance- Angel and the managers were super awesome! They made us feel right at home and helped us with ANYTHING we needed. They were so nice and friendly! I was out in New York for work so I wasn't there much but when I had my girlfriend and daughter go out there they felt right at home and the whole staff loved them. They would tend to their every need and would make sure they never felt uncomfortable or even bored. And also the room service girls would come to our room first so that our room would be clean for the baby! We will definitely recommend and return! The only issue we had was the girl that did breakfast I'm not sure of her name but she is pregnant, she was rude and very unfriendly! She would sit there with a mean look on her face and most of the time there would be no more eggs or sausage or something and she would be nowhere to be found we'd have to look for her to make more and a lot of times she'd get an attitude. Also another receptionist, a younger guy at night would always have his girlfriend there which was not a big deal but when I would get back to the hotel from work i could never find him. Other than that everything was GREAT! Jasmine was great, she did everything a receptionist is supposed to do and some! And Angel was great too, anything we needed fixed he'd fix it right away, those were the two main people we seen and dealt with all the time and they were awesome. But when we did see the managers they told us anything we needed just let them know! After being there for two and a half months we felt like family that's how well they treated us!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sarflondongirl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Love this gem of a hotel. Clean comfortable rooms in the heart of LES. Quiet with all the amenities you need including fridge, hbo, blackout curtains etc.

Cannot recommend the staff highly enough, started with a cheerful friendly welcome, and an upgrade on an early check in.... This level Of service continued throughout my stay .

I was even gifted one of the receptionists personal phone chargers as I'd forgotten my adaptor - nothing too much trouble for this team!!

Will def be returning!

• Stayed February 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really good in terms of cleanliness and location wise it is ok except me nor my girlfriend was too fond of the morning front desk lady she was very unprofessional and it felt as if I was talking to someone on the street. Besides her I had no complain with anyone else at times my room key did not work but I guess it was technical problems. Main thing is this that I will be coming back soon and most likely to this hotel but if it were up to me I would rather not deal with her when I check in or out.

• Stayed February 2013
ComfortInn L, Manager at Comfort Inn Lower East Side, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am the manager of this hotel and read your review about front desk staff, we take all comments very seriously and try to take care of them right away. I am pleased to know that you love this hotel and you will be back soon. I can assure you that you will be greeted by the staff in a very professional way. Thanks for choosing Comfort Inn Lower east side.
See you soon.

Manager,
comfortinn.ny@gmail.com
Medina, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The location is good for all outings in this area and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Our room, although small, was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on the first floor which was a little noisy with lobby chatting but not excessive. Could have used a shelf in the bathroom for my makeup and toiletries.

Room Tip: First floor is a bit noisy as you can hear the people talk in the lobby but not bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Love this hotel! Has everything I need when I go to Lower East Side. Nice bed, TV, large bath, hot breakfast. The people behind the desk are very helpful with directions, texi service & very friendly. Was very happy when Jasmine remembered me. Will go back again. Close to the person I go to visit.

Room Tip: I like main floor, no waiting for elevator, close to front doors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!