“Best hotel experience I have ever had.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #247 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“Best hotel experience I have ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Our stay in the Lower East Side Comfort Inn was a very special one, especially thanks to one person. Jasmine, the concierge at the front desk, went above and beyond her duties to make our stay one that we will never forget. In the days leading up to our trip, Jasmine helped my boyfriend set up a surprise that was waiting in our room when we arrived. The hotel room was beautiful and very clean. Towels were replaced daily, which was very nice. We look forward to staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Hopewell, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just came back from a weekend in NYC and our stay at the Comfort Inn LES. It was a great price for NYC and the hotel met our needs but it was just OK. Nothing special. Good location - close to Katz' Deli, great crepes across the street, lots of other good restaurants and close to the subway. Rooms were NY small thought the bathrooms were bigger than average. No gym. Guy at the desk was not so friendly at check in but that's okay. On Monday the woman (Jasmine) maybe, was very helpful. The hotel could use some basic upgrading. But bottom line, if you want a good room for NYC at a good price in the LES, this does a good job.

Room Tip: back of hotel away from street is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Brand new hotel in an increasingly hip area. Very narrow hotel means only two rooms per floor - so noise not an issue. Very narrow rooms - hard to maneuver. But it's Manhattan - what would you expect? We were on the 11th floor, which had great views. Staff was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was generic hotel breakfast, but well done.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor - great views and less street noise.
valley stream
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I are lifelong New Yorkers and we had a belated Valentine's Day (Saturday night) stay in Manhattan. I had noticed the price of this hotel seemed very inexpensive for Manhattan and was leary of the quality, but the review on Tripadvisor were good.

I could not agree more with all the reviews of this hotel. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean, and comfortable hotel I would pick the Comfort Inn Lower East Side. The location is great, it is in walking distance from a TON of bars.

My only caution, if you are planning a long stay in Manhattan, the room might be a bit too small. We took the King Size bed, and there is really only a bed, nice size bathroom, and nothing else.

There is also a municipal parking lot very close to the hotel which has reasonable rates.

Stormville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

it's in a convenient location and close to subway station and walking distance to Chinatown. The room I stay is small, without much space left with a queen bed in the middle. But since I was staying there alone, it's sufficient. The bathroom is bright and roomy, considering it's in Manhattan.. My friends in NYC came to see me there about its value..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My fiance and I have stayed at this hotel several times and are never disappointed. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Jasmine always books our rooms to meet our needs as we generally request a room away from the lobby/first floor area. If she doesn't answer the phone already, ask for her when reserving a room, she is great! There was a time when arriving after a long flight we had several bags of luggage that we were concerned about moving around as one of our bags had a broken zipper. As we switched rooms, two wonderful ladies from housekeeping offered to help me carry the broken zippered luggage bag up to the other floor of the hotel. It was a heavy bag with computer/music equipment and her helping me by grabbing one side of the bag while I held onto the other was a huge help! The little things the staff do here to insure a comfortable stay is definitely not unnoticed. We are grateful for their hospitality as we are currently in a transition in a moving process. Just a little side note: The free breakfast is always a treat and we love the pillows in the rooms, we always sleep in when we are at the comfort inn :) Hard not too! Thanks again Comfort Inn staff for all your help! We will be seeing ya!

Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

coming to new york should have been a fun experience for me but it really was not, i honestly did not have any problems with any other staff members there except one i know it's not fun to work in the mornings but working at the front desk should mean you have to be nice not rude or stare me up and down or look like you hate your job. They really have to do something about the front desk girl. i had my friend recommend me to this hotel but i feel it was a mistake and ruined my mornings. but besides her all the other staff like the house keepers and the other front desk staff were very nice peter was very helpful and jay and roheet were fun and helpful as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!