“Great Value in Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #243 of 453 Hotels in New York City
valley stream
“Great Value in Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I are lifelong New Yorkers and we had a belated Valentine's Day (Saturday night) stay in Manhattan. I had noticed the price of this hotel seemed very inexpensive for Manhattan and was leary of the quality, but the review on Tripadvisor were good.

I could not agree more with all the reviews of this hotel. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean, and comfortable hotel I would pick the Comfort Inn Lower East Side. The location is great, it is in walking distance from a TON of bars.

My only caution, if you are planning a long stay in Manhattan, the room might be a bit too small. We took the King Size bed, and there is really only a bed, nice size bathroom, and nothing else.

There is also a municipal parking lot very close to the hotel which has reasonable rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Stormville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

it's in a convenient location and close to subway station and walking distance to Chinatown. The room I stay is small, without much space left with a queen bed in the middle. But since I was staying there alone, it's sufficient. The bathroom is bright and roomy, considering it's in Manhattan.. My friends in NYC came to see me there about its value..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My fiance and I have stayed at this hotel several times and are never disappointed. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Jasmine always books our rooms to meet our needs as we generally request a room away from the lobby/first floor area. If she doesn't answer the phone already, ask for her when reserving a room, she is great! There was a time when arriving after a long flight we had several bags of luggage that we were concerned about moving around as one of our bags had a broken zipper. As we switched rooms, two wonderful ladies from housekeeping offered to help me carry the broken zippered luggage bag up to the other floor of the hotel. It was a heavy bag with computer/music equipment and her helping me by grabbing one side of the bag while I held onto the other was a huge help! The little things the staff do here to insure a comfortable stay is definitely not unnoticed. We are grateful for their hospitality as we are currently in a transition in a moving process. Just a little side note: The free breakfast is always a treat and we love the pillows in the rooms, we always sleep in when we are at the comfort inn :) Hard not too! Thanks again Comfort Inn staff for all your help! We will be seeing ya!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

coming to new york should have been a fun experience for me but it really was not, i honestly did not have any problems with any other staff members there except one i know it's not fun to work in the mornings but working at the front desk should mean you have to be nice not rude or stare me up and down or look like you hate your job. They really have to do something about the front desk girl. i had my friend recommend me to this hotel but i feel it was a mistake and ruined my mornings. but besides her all the other staff like the house keepers and the other front desk staff were very nice peter was very helpful and jay and roheet were fun and helpful as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cardiff, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed for 7 nights at the Comfort Inn. We knew the Lower East Side, but would advise that you check out it's right for you. It's not the traditional tourist experience. Having said that, if you like walking in New York as we do, this hotel gives you easy access to the LES itself, Soho, the East Village, Chinatown, Little Italy, with the West Village just a little further. Countless restaurants and bars are available. For longer journeys four subway lines are available from the stations on East Houston and Delancey.

The hotel is great value. We have paid more than twice as much per night in this area for "boutique" hotels which offered no more than the Comfort Inn provides. Yes, the rooms are tight, but for the price that's to be expected. We had no complaints about the quality of the room and the housekeeping was good. Breakfast was fine.

We saw more of Jasmine than anyone else, and she was unfailingly helpful, especially on our last day, but all the staff were friendly and Kumar is a real gentleman. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor at the rear. Very little street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Not sure why but I feel bad writing a mediocre review of this place. This was my third stay here and I didn't like it as much as previous stays.

I had booked a king room, but when I checked in they didn't have any kings available, so I got a queen.

I visit NYC often and I know rooms can be small but the rooms here are perhaps the tiniest I've ever stayed in. The room felt dark and claustrophobic to me this time. There's a tiny dining room chair crammed into a corner, so there's really no where else to sit except the bed.

The bedspreads are dirty-looking (I think from people putting their suitcases on them to unpack/pack) and need to be replaced.

The 7th floor where I stayed only had two rooms. I could often hear my neighbors conversations and television. The other side of the floor was a patio which was filled with cigarette butts (because the ashtrays were full) and was in dire need of a cleaning.

Housekeeping came way to early in the morning (like 10:15am), while I was still sleeping or getting ready. My requests to the front desk, while I was leaving, for housekeeping to visit my room went unheeded (two days).

Front desk staff - with the exception of the woman whose name I forget - seemed kind of surly/unfriendly/uninterested.

On the plus side: it's nice having a fridge in the room, and I really do like the Lower East Side neighborhood. Cute, trendy little neighborhood with lots of little shops, restaurants and bars. A coffeeshop around the corner called Espresso is great. As is Sugar Cafe for breakfast on Houston & Allen.

Definitely go see "Book of Mormon" when you visit NYC!

I have booked another trip to New York, and am staying somewhere else this time. Perhaps I will stay at Comfort Inn Lower East Side again - as the price compared to other NYC hotels is pretty good, and I do like the location - but I think the rooms, and the hotel in general, need a little TLC.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ComfortInn L, Manager at Comfort Inn Lower East Side, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi Mr. keith,
I am the Manager at Comfort Inn Lower east and am sorry to hear that your third stay with us was not so pleasant. We are always on top of all reviews be it positive or not so positive, I personally will look into it and I can assure you that your next stay with us will be to your satisfaction. Please try to get in touch with me either by email or by phone and I have a very special offer for your next stay with us in the near future.

Management,
212-260-4141
comfortinn.ny@gmail.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Friendly staff, clean but very small rooms, the parking garage that hotel suggest will not take SUV or Full size VAN. Aria around hotel not very good, at night time. typical NY setup. close to Williamsburgh bridge, and Chinatown

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!