“Third stay here...didn't enjoy as much as previous visits” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #301 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, IL
“Third stay here...didn't enjoy as much as previous visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Not sure why but I feel bad writing a mediocre review of this place. This was my third stay here and I didn't like it as much as previous stays.

I had booked a king room, but when I checked in they didn't have any kings available, so I got a queen.

I visit NYC often and I know rooms can be small but the rooms here are perhaps the tiniest I've ever stayed in. The room felt dark and claustrophobic to me this time. There's a tiny dining room chair crammed into a corner, so there's really no where else to sit except the bed.

The bedspreads are dirty-looking (I think from people putting their suitcases on them to unpack/pack) and need to be replaced.

The 7th floor where I stayed only had two rooms. I could often hear my neighbors conversations and television. The other side of the floor was a patio which was filled with cigarette butts (because the ashtrays were full) and was in dire need of a cleaning.

Housekeeping came way to early in the morning (like 10:15am), while I was still sleeping or getting ready. My requests to the front desk, while I was leaving, for housekeeping to visit my room went unheeded (two days).

Front desk staff - with the exception of the woman whose name I forget - seemed kind of surly/unfriendly/uninterested.

On the plus side: it's nice having a fridge in the room, and I really do like the Lower East Side neighborhood. Cute, trendy little neighborhood with lots of little shops, restaurants and bars. A coffeeshop around the corner called Espresso is great. As is Sugar Cafe for breakfast on Houston & Allen.

Definitely go see "Book of Mormon" when you visit NYC!

I have booked another trip to New York, and am staying somewhere else this time. Perhaps I will stay at Comfort Inn Lower East Side again - as the price compared to other NYC hotels is pretty good, and I do like the location - but I think the rooms, and the hotel in general, need a little TLC.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ComfortInn L, Manager at Comfort Inn Lower East Side, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi Mr. keith,
I am the Manager at Comfort Inn Lower east and am sorry to hear that your third stay with us was not so pleasant. We are always on top of all reviews be it positive or not so positive, I personally will look into it and I can assure you that your next stay with us will be to your satisfaction. Please try to get in touch with me either by email or by phone and I have a very special offer for your next stay with us in the near future.

Management,
212-260-4141
comfortinn.ny@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Friendly staff, clean but very small rooms, the parking garage that hotel suggest will not take SUV or Full size VAN. Aria around hotel not very good, at night time. typical NY setup. close to Williamsburgh bridge, and Chinatown

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I agree with kkemom that this is a real find. My daughter and i had to plan a quick trip to New York. The Comfort Inn is the first place i called. The initial conversation with Kumar was just like talking with my brother; no intimidation whatsoever. He was so very warm and pleasant, not to mention accommodating. I was also dealing with a personal problem (which i why we had an emergency trip to NY) and he immediately assisted me with that. Upon arrival and check-in, we thought very quickly that we did not make a mistake choosing this hotel. The real fun began when we met the rest of the Comfort Inn family - Ashok (delightful), Rohit (quiet and thoughtful, Jasmine (sweet and attentive), Angel (all over the place fun), Jay (wonderful). The room for me was great, even though "small" is New York. If you want family attention, treat yourself to a "stay" at this hotel. My whole family will be staying there during NYU graduation week.

Room Tip: Speak with a hotel representative.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hightstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms small but clean and attractively decorated. It is a great value for a New York City Hotels. Breakfast was free...no frills but good choices and something for everyone. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great staff. Rooms are small but is expected in NYC. Also my room was second floor street side so lots of noise. Beds were so close together for my double room. The breakfast was good but crowded as it was in the basement - again NYC. I'm used to larger hotels but last minute and cost effective hotel where I needed to be for a rehearsal on stanton

• Stayed February 2013
Cranbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a real find. Affordable, clean, very friendly staff, and steps from where we needed to be. The breakfast was surprisingly full of choices--nothing fancy, but filling and tasty--and free. I saw other reviews that said there were noise issues, but we didn't have that--maybe because we were in the back, away from the street. Rooms are tight, but this is NYC!

Room Tip: As for a room in the back if you worry about noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located, Ludlow street/Houston street, 2 metro stations are less than 200 meters far. The staff is very kind, the beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is ok. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a trip to new york,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com