“A real find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Ranked #238 of 449 hotels in New York City
Cranbury
“A real find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a real find. Affordable, clean, very friendly staff, and steps from where we needed to be. The breakfast was surprisingly full of choices--nothing fancy, but filling and tasty--and free. I saw other reviews that said there were noise issues, but we didn't have that--maybe because we were in the back, away from the street. Rooms are tight, but this is NYC!

Room Tip: As for a room in the back if you worry about noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located, Ludlow street/Houston street, 2 metro stations are less than 200 meters far. The staff is very kind, the beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is ok. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a trip to new york,

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bourré, Centre, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We first were given a room with two rather small beds, so it was not very convenient. But we asked for another room and the next day it was arranged.
The location is perfect, the hotel is close to everything (except if you want to be close to Time Square, but if so, your wallet is bigger than mine and your expectations quite different from mine).

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was very happy with this hotel. They gave me a warm welcome and seemed organised and checked me in quickly which is what you want after a transatlantic flight, no hanging around at the front desk. The room was clean and quiet, located as requested at the back of the hotel on the 8th floor where street noise isn't a problem. The bed was confirmatble and the sheets soft, also a good powerful shower and a decent sized bathroom. Free local NYC calls and free internet were handy plus the staff let me use a laptop when I had problems with my own. Breakfast was basic but for a budget hotel limitless, fresh and healthy. I liked the staff a lot and really felt at home and also love the area as it's so funky and interesting. I would definitely stay at Comfort Inn Lower East Side again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a stay which was very comfortable. We extended our stay and had to move rooms to a double room which was really way to small for two beds..we had to use one to put our luggage on. Cant imagine how 2 couples should fit in there normally. However our original room was also small but comfortable enough. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful however the lady in charge of the breakfast area was always in a bad mood , rude and just plain lazy. Letting everything always run out and hoping no one would ask for more when there was still 45 mins to go before breakfast was finished. If someone would ask for something she would get upset. This happened every day so best to get in early for breakfast. Best option is to make your own waffles...otherwise there is some warm defrosted omelettes and sausage type things in a chafing dish.
Wifi is free and has a good connection...subway is close...all in all very recommendable.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great location and right in the middle of a popular area for restaurants, bars and nightlife. Lower East side is an up and coming neighberhood and still has some hints of the old days which makes it interesting. The Staff at the hotel is excellent and very helpful and service oriented. Rooms are small, which was expected based on location and size of building cramped between other buildings in this crowded area, but quaint, very comfortable and efficient. I come to NY on business and pleasure regularly and I've always had a helping hand and could count on the staff in resolving business issues. A few times I needed something printed and mailed and aways had the help I need. The downstairs free breakfast room is perfect for a quick eye opener before running out to do sightseeing or other errands in the morning. Great location and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy the Big Apple in all it's aspects.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I found this hotel on line as I have been to New York a couple times before and wanted to stay somewhere different than Time Square. We got to the hotel early and our room was not ready but Angel made sure our bags were in our room as we decided to go walk around because this hotel is in an awesome spot. When we got back our room was set up with our luggage. Nice clean place typical small New York rooms but great value. Really for me and my girlfriend I will say that Angel the maintenance guy made our trip. This guy went beyond with his friendliness and knowledge of the neighbourhood. Not going to lie I think I already miss the guy. I highly recommend this hotel and do yourself a favour and talk to Angel, he's the best! Thanks Angel.....your Canadian friends Craig and Linda

Room Tip: Choose the back of the hotel if you like it quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!