“A Comfortable Inn Indeed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #249 of 454 Hotels in New York City
London, England, United Kingdom
“A Comfortable Inn Indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was very happy with this hotel. They gave me a warm welcome and seemed organised and checked me in quickly which is what you want after a transatlantic flight, no hanging around at the front desk. The room was clean and quiet, located as requested at the back of the hotel on the 8th floor where street noise isn't a problem. The bed was confirmatble and the sheets soft, also a good powerful shower and a decent sized bathroom. Free local NYC calls and free internet were handy plus the staff let me use a laptop when I had problems with my own. Breakfast was basic but for a budget hotel limitless, fresh and healthy. I liked the staff a lot and really felt at home and also love the area as it's so funky and interesting. I would definitely stay at Comfort Inn Lower East Side again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a stay which was very comfortable. We extended our stay and had to move rooms to a double room which was really way to small for two beds..we had to use one to put our luggage on. Cant imagine how 2 couples should fit in there normally. However our original room was also small but comfortable enough. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful however the lady in charge of the breakfast area was always in a bad mood , rude and just plain lazy. Letting everything always run out and hoping no one would ask for more when there was still 45 mins to go before breakfast was finished. If someone would ask for something she would get upset. This happened every day so best to get in early for breakfast. Best option is to make your own waffles...otherwise there is some warm defrosted omelettes and sausage type things in a chafing dish.
Wifi is free and has a good connection...subway is close...all in all very recommendable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great location and right in the middle of a popular area for restaurants, bars and nightlife. Lower East side is an up and coming neighberhood and still has some hints of the old days which makes it interesting. The Staff at the hotel is excellent and very helpful and service oriented. Rooms are small, which was expected based on location and size of building cramped between other buildings in this crowded area, but quaint, very comfortable and efficient. I come to NY on business and pleasure regularly and I've always had a helping hand and could count on the staff in resolving business issues. A few times I needed something printed and mailed and aways had the help I need. The downstairs free breakfast room is perfect for a quick eye opener before running out to do sightseeing or other errands in the morning. Great location and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy the Big Apple in all it's aspects.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I found this hotel on line as I have been to New York a couple times before and wanted to stay somewhere different than Time Square. We got to the hotel early and our room was not ready but Angel made sure our bags were in our room as we decided to go walk around because this hotel is in an awesome spot. When we got back our room was set up with our luggage. Nice clean place typical small New York rooms but great value. Really for me and my girlfriend I will say that Angel the maintenance guy made our trip. This guy went beyond with his friendliness and knowledge of the neighbourhood. Not going to lie I think I already miss the guy. I highly recommend this hotel and do yourself a favour and talk to Angel, he's the best! Thanks Angel.....your Canadian friends Craig and Linda

Room Tip: Choose the back of the hotel if you like it quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Planet Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was looking for a quiet place to sleep in LES for a late night of music, food and drink. This is right in the middle of all the LES highlights, Mercury Lounge, Katz's deli, Cake Shop, etc....

Had everything needed for a short stay, 2 double beds. Rooms are clean and tiny, but that was expected.

My cousin kept saying, when you move, I'll get out of the way, and vice-versa.

Noisy tiolet, but good flush factor....

Thanks to Jasmin and Peter for their help. I can't wait to re-visit.

Room Tip: If you bring a car (not recommended) use the parking lot their refer you to with coupon. That will s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night at this hotel the front desk staff were super helpful which we really did appreciate :)
The room was clean and comfy and free breakfast was spot on - 10/10
Great location for 1st time trip to New York will return back to this hotel for sure !
Thanks guys x

• Stayed January 2013
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I made reservations for a week during Christmas. I called about a month before my arrival to tell them that I would be arriving late (near midnight) on 12/21. In route, I called again to tell them and was told they already had made a note and that I should not worry. When I arrived, I got a very comfortable, if compact room with a double or queen bed. The room was very clean with a nice bathroom, coffee maker, small refrigerator and flat screen TV. The bed was extremely comfortable with four very plump pillows. Breakfast, which was not gourmet but suited my needs perfectly, is served in the basement from 7-10. When I requested a room change several days later because of some nightclub music, they moved me that very afternoon to a room in the back though the manager said the club would quiet down after Saturday night. He was correct. I also had to call them a few days later because my smoke alarm battery was going out. I had someone in my room within minutes to replace the battery after my return that evening.
The staff couldn't have been nicer or more courteous or helpful. The desk clerk ordered a car for my trip to the airport and it was right on time.
The neighborhood is up and coming, bohemian, hip and a young place with interesting boutiques, cafes, restaurants, and clubs. It's still "in process" but I'd definitely stay here again. It's the best price around for a nice place in Manhattan. And they told me my next stay I will get a 10% discount.

Room Tip: You might request one in the back though I only had one noisy night in the room overlooking the str...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!