“Great first stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #244 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Sacramento, California
“Great first stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I made reservations for a week during Christmas. I called about a month before my arrival to tell them that I would be arriving late (near midnight) on 12/21. In route, I called again to tell them and was told they already had made a note and that I should not worry. When I arrived, I got a very comfortable, if compact room with a double or queen bed. The room was very clean with a nice bathroom, coffee maker, small refrigerator and flat screen TV. The bed was extremely comfortable with four very plump pillows. Breakfast, which was not gourmet but suited my needs perfectly, is served in the basement from 7-10. When I requested a room change several days later because of some nightclub music, they moved me that very afternoon to a room in the back though the manager said the club would quiet down after Saturday night. He was correct. I also had to call them a few days later because my smoke alarm battery was going out. I had someone in my room within minutes to replace the battery after my return that evening.
The staff couldn't have been nicer or more courteous or helpful. The desk clerk ordered a car for my trip to the airport and it was right on time.
The neighborhood is up and coming, bohemian, hip and a young place with interesting boutiques, cafes, restaurants, and clubs. It's still "in process" but I'd definitely stay here again. It's the best price around for a nice place in Manhattan. And they told me my next stay I will get a 10% discount.

Room Tip: You might request one in the back though I only had one noisy night in the room overlooking the str...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Manhattan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I made reservations seven months in advance at this hotel making sure I called at least three times during that seven month span to confirm my reservations. Two weeks before our trip to the city I received a phone call from Jasmine explaining that the hotel had over booked and they would have to move me to another hotel. I got very upset (but respectful) and told them I made these reservations many months ago for the reason to be with my entire family at this hotel during the holidays, and that it was walking distance to our wedding venue. I refused to be bumped to another hotel. At no time was I disrespectful, yet I was very upset. Jasmine put a gentleman on the phone whose name is Ashok Kumar Thawani. He proceeded to literally yell at me saying he could do what ever he wanted as far as moving us and he was sick of our wedding party and our attitude. REALLY? Our rooms were paid seven months in advance! When we actually arrived there to check in, Askok Kumar Thawani was there at the desk with his already attitude towards us. It took an hour to check in and again in front of many, many people he continued to talk to us in the most despicable, and disrespectful manner. If we weren't so at his mercy to have a place to stay (it was Christmas time and no room at ANY hotel) I would have walked right out the door believe me. Sticking up for ourselves, again respectfully, is having an attitude? Well Comfort Inn in Lower East I will be sure to tell everyone I come across to never ever stay at ANY Comfort Inn for any reason. Your the lowest of class hotel we have ever stayed at. Your staff except for the girl working in the breakfast area was extremely rude at all times. By the way the rooms were filled with mold and the towels were disgusting.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked rooms a year in advance and paid 100% upfront.

The week of the wedding, my family was informed that Kumar was moving their rooms to another hotel, without warning.

Many people traveled from cross country and were all treated below animals.

I travel the world and never ever ever have I experienced the total disregard for customer service and lack of compassion for guests.

Kumar brought my sisters and assistant to tears, tears. Imagine that.

This hotel is the rudest, most disrespectful hotel in all NYC.

Comfort Inn? Uncomfortable Inn

Stay away unless you like to be abused

• Stayed December 2012
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and the manager and his staff have been extremely responsive to all of our needs. There aren't many decent places to stay in this area of NYC, so we always choose this property. It might be small, but it's clean and the service is great.

Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Was in the area for a fund raiser on a Friday night. And had another event to attend the next morning. Very clean and in a great area. Cool little restaurants, coffee shops, and bars walking distance. I would absolutely stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay here for business and for pleasure. For business, location is good as you can be anywhere on Manhattan in under 30 minutes via the trains within 2 blocks walk. For pleasure, surrounded by dinning, pubs and shops, with none of the tourist joints you get in mid town. Rates are the best on Manhattan for what you get. Staff will treat you as a friend. Hotel is very clean. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: No pool, but who cares, your not here to swim. No restaraunt, but who cares, your surrounded by some...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tunbridge Wells
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a great little hotel in the fashionable Lower East Side but don't have a room at the front. Even though we were on the 5th floor, the noise from the party revellers (bars and nightclub opposite) kept us awake until 4am and then the sound of bar staff emptying the bottles in to the rubbish....along with the refuse trucks at 5am.
That aside, the location is convenient for upper or lower Manhattan. The subway is just a 5 minute walk away and only takes about 20 minutes to get uptown.
Good value for money - you just need to get a room at the back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!