“Comfortable affordable clean room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Lower East Side to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lower East Side
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Ludlow Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #246 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Comfortable affordable clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel. The room was small but clean comfortable and a roomy, clean bathroom..it was convenient to many good restaurants and subway stops. I was traveling alone and always felt safe. The breakfast was good with many choices. The staff works hard to help the guests. Angel and Jasmine were especially kind and helpful. I will stay here again on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here because it is a block away from our son's dorm for college in NYC. The rooms are small but that is to be expected. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful always. For the level of hotel that it is, it is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Lower East Side in June 2012. It's a great location, really perfect for seeing a lot of New York, very close to various subway lines and also a good walk to SoHo and Greenwich Village.

The rooms are small but that was to be expected. Comfy bed, little space to put clothes, absolutely Baltic cold air con!

Our main complaint: we found that the housekeeping had clearly been cleaning up a broken glass when my fiance stepped on a shard of glass in the morning and we had to go to the front desk as his foot was bleeding. The woman on the desk seemed very blase about this, even joking that we were messing up her hotel. I got a little frosty at this since we don't expect to have to avoid glass in the room!

There was no apology or anything and it was all I could do to make sure that housekeeping went up there and thoroughly cleaned. They didn't - there was still bloodstains on the bathroom floor and on the wall so I asked them to clean again. The floor bloodstain got cleaned and I gave up. This coupled with the fact our bedroom light didn't work for 2 days means their housekeeping has really brought their score down! The attitude of the woman on the desk didn't help, but everyone else who worked there was really great, going out of their way to help us and recommend local places when we were really jetlagged our first night.

Don't bother with the breakfast, it's vile looking, very hard and stale and to be honest, you're better off going to a diner or Murray's bagels.

I think we'd stay again purely for the location but I do hope they get better cleaners!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was a pleasant stay. We got early for the check-in, but they accommodated our luggage till the time the room was ready. We booked the queen room, but be sure to get a king one (it's bigger and more comfortable). Front desk guys are very polite and are always willing to help. The breakfast girl is very sweet too. Breakfast area is little and depending on the time of the morning it will be crowded. You can have coffee, milk, tea, yogurt, waffle (a machine that you use), apples, bananas, bagels, butter, cream cheese, etc. It's very simple but enough to save you some bucks. The neighborhood is interesting, sleepy mornings and lively nights. Spitzer's on the corner has great food and a huge assortment of beers. Don't miss the Il Laboratorio del Gelato, they have great ice cream flavours and stay open late. The bed is comfortable, there's a minibar at the room (empty), the shower is ok, they offer amenities and let you know if you forget something to ask for it at the front desk. It's 3 blocks away from the Essex / Delancey station, what's great if you intend going to upper Manhattan. One bad thing is that there's no safe, at least I haven't seen one. If you are going to a shopping tour, remember to keep your things locked. There's a sign at the front desk that says more or less that they have no responsibility regarding the guests assets. My friend had her new perfume and lipstick used by the maids, at my room we couldn't think of anything different but we started to lock all the things, specially make-up. We didn't complain at the time she realized that happened because we were afraid that other things could happen. When we were leaving they let us stay after the checkout time, and upgraded our friend so she could stay at the same room. It was a really nice surprise. If you want to be in Manhattan, to pay less and yet have comfort, that's the place.

Room Tip: If you can afford an upgrade, get the King room instead of the Double one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brookfkeld, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was a little oasis in a very busy neighborhood. Lots of people and noise on the street but the Comfort Inn LES was quiet and clean when you walked in the door. All of the staff from the manager to the cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. Very small room but while in New York, one should not be in their hotel room much. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gettysburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I expected a so-so hotel for the price in Manhattan -- but I was pleasantly surprised by this Comfort Inn. The staff was amazingly friendly and so helpful. The young woman at the desk bent over backwards to help me figure out exactly where I was going (somewhere in East River Park for a dance performance with no specific address). She was so patient.
The room was spotless, the bathroom spotless. Everything worked, everything was in perfect order. The room wasn't big -- but it's New York City! There's no space for sprawling rooms unless you want to pay tons of money. I will definitely stay here again -- safe neighborhood, clean, friendly, and reasonably priced for New York.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Lower East Side? Share your experiences!