“Mario's is no more.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mario's Trattoria - CLOSED

Mario's Trattoria
493 9th Ave, New York City, NY 10018-4116 (Midtown)
212-239-3394
Cross street: 38th and 9th
Transit: Port Authority and Penn Station
“Mario's is no more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went there tonight. It is closed. We were disappointed. Tavola is across the street and is very good. That is all.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bridgewater
“I THINK THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We are in New York on vacation. We had a Groupon coupon for this restaurant and when we showed up last night (25 Feb) at 10pm the place was locked and in darkness. We crossed the street to another restaurant and asked what the story was with Mario's. We were told that it has not been open for over a week and that other people with Groupon coupons had also asked him the same question recently. He said there were rumors that the place was for sale. My advice is to call first if you want to go there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Cozy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Through restaurant.com we visited Mario's this past Saturday night around 5:30PM. This is a very small restaurant, maybe seating about 30 at one time. Upon arriving, we were seated quckly. Seating is tight. We were attended to quickly. Our soft drinks and the appetizer of garlic knots came quickly. The knots were good but some were burnt. Then we waited and waited for our main course. The staff was very attentive and there seemed like there were a lot of servers. We normally are very patient but we had tickets for a Broadway show after. I asked twice about the food and eventually it came out. The food was delicious. I got the eggplant roletini and my husband got the lasagna. At this point we had to eat the food quickly to start the walk to the theatre. Because of the quality of the food and the good service by the waitstaff I would try it again. But I would be sure not to be under a time restraint.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new york
“it's an okay place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Came here with a living social coupon and here are some random thoughts:

RESERVATIONS: I suggest u do this coz the place is small (not sure though if they really guarantee seats availability) but then I have to call coz the deal we have is good for two people and just have to advise we have kids.. to which they can accommodate kids

PARKING.. sidestreet parking where available

SPACE... small place

STAFF... friendly and only 2 servers, one of them is knowledgeable and the other one is not. I asked if the food given to me was the chicken Florentine or chicken Joaquin and he has to ask his co-worker but is apologetic about it

USE OF VOUCHER.... the voucher is good for two with 2 free appetizer and 2 free entrees but was told right away we cannot order the calamari (since it's out of stock anyway), entrees with veal or lobster.. that was okay as if I'm gonna order them.

FOOD... we ordered the chicken Florentine and chicken Joaquin.. both came in big servings and have to take some home... though my wife remarked that the chicken Joaquin was a bit salty but was generally ok. our kids had the Bianca pizza was very good.

PRICES.. they have decent and not expensive pricing on their food.. the small pizza was just about $10 (which were enough for the four of us and have to take some home) and you can order entrees for as little as $15, but it costs more with the veal

THE UNEXPECTED... since we have this voucher that's only good for two people, we just have to pay the additional food (pizza), taxes and gratuity (to which they computed already) and was not a problem.. the problem is, they declined to accept my credit card and they only accept cash. it's good my wife have enough cash to help me out! come to think of it, they have this sticker of visa, mastercard, discovery, and American express posted on their doors!

COMING BACK?? if we happen to be in that area again, why not... but this time I make sure I have some cash in my pocket

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Quaint Place with Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Small little restaurant that keeps me coming back for more. I like to start with the house salad, my favorite main course is the chicken marsala. The lasagna and pizza come in at a close second. Have only been there twice but will be in there weekly to try all their dishes. Wait staff are handsome and attentive to your needs.

Visited January 2014