“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This place has everything. We stayed for 4 nights. The rooms are perfect and there was not a sign that anyone had been in there before us, as they were so clean and perfect! This place is modern and the bed has to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in! The bar/restaurant gets busy and there is a lovely outdoor area to sit in. My only gripe when we arrived….. there was obviously someone important around as barriers were up and there was a crowd. We had to enter through a side door……we should all be treated like VIPs please!;-) It did all add to the atmosphere and I would definitely go back again like a shot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in NYC: Waldorf, W, Soho Grand, Gramercy Park Hotel etc… The Crosby Street Hotel has by far the best rooms of all of them! The room was big, bright, airy, cool (functioning A/C, something not all NYC hotels have), quiet, groovy and very well equipped. The bed was big and comfortable, not too soft, not too hard, just right. The bathroom was lovely with a huge shower.
The room service was good. The bar / restaurant downstairs is very nice, good food, bustling but not overcrowded, good atmosphere. The only gripe was that is was a smudge cold due to the A/C.
The cinema downstairs is very good too, if you feel like a lazy night in.
The service was attentive and friendly.
All in all, not cheap, but pretty much everything you want for the perfect stay in Soho.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: Get a room 4th floor or higher, view on the street
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family and I recently spent eight nights at the Crosby. My wife and I have an 11yr old and an 8yr old. We opted for two end rooms that had a common connection/foyer-like scenario (as opposed to one of the suite setups). That gave us two separate rooms with kings, two separate bathrooms, two separate couch areas... etc.

Everything went great! The hotel is beautiful and has a solid "guests only" reading room with honor bar for booze.

The concierge crew handled everything we threw at them really well. The pulled together great babysitters when we needed them.

There were a handful of music pop-stars staying at the hotel during our stay, and the staff did a great job not letting things become a fan zoo (other hotels in NYC don't do as well with this and it can wreck the stay). Despite paparazzi and fans lingering on the street, things never got chaotic in the hotel, or outside.

Breakfasts (buffet and full menu) were delicious and covered the entire family's needs well.

Housekeeping did a great job knowing when we were in or out, and I found very little disturbance from them.

The courtyard gave everyone some space to hang out on their own when folks needed a respite from each other (as did the reading room when dad needed a solo drink).

In the basement is an incredible screening room that does movies on Sunday nights. I highly recommend this experience.

The gym is basic but gets the job done.

Only criticism would be the lack of a dedicated doorman. Concierge crew seems to do double duty here and they're always busy doing concierge stuff.

There is an incredible rooftop garden and chicken coop that is a must see for the kiddos. Just ask the front-desk and someone will run you up there.

Also, when I say this is good for families, I mean the property can be made to work for families. They don't have special kiddo facilities or programs. In my experience most of the nicer boutique places to stay don't go out of their way to accommodate families (for obvious reasons), it's a question of whether or not you can make it work well at the property. Without much effort, we were able to make it work really well.

The general manager did hand off some coloring books to the kids at one point :).

Room Tip: I'm not sure which floor gets you above the surrounding buildings, but we were on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
kauai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The location is perfect as it is walkable to fantastic shopping and everything in lower Manhattan, decor was stunning, room was perfect, and the shower was a genuine guilty pleasure. My only gripe, (and it could be because I'm from Kauai and everyone is friendly), we walked in and they said "welcome home", but never followed through. We were there for 5 nights, and for a small hotel, they pretty much ignored us as we came and went - Could have been a 1500 room hotel in Vegas. The advise from the concierge was terse, and found to be inaccurate. then a film crew showed up and as we walked by the lobby the staff was very attentive to the "A-listers", the term the doorman gave them. I found that pretty much icky - I don't think its good form to tell a guest that "that person over there" is more important to the hotel than you. All of New York could be this way, so my complaint could be off for the area.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Probably my most favourite hotel to date. The initial impression from the decor is absolutely astounding - the hotel is packed with really interesting art around every corner! The service was great and our stay was so enjoyable - extremely comfortable beds and lovely views of the city, in beautiful rooms. It is also a great location in the soho area, near some great restaurants. We ate one dinner there which was delicious, although it was a bit of a strange concept that most of the dishes didn't come with sides, you had to pay extra to a price that maybe could have at least included some vegetables.
The only reason I didn't rate the hotel as excellent is because at breakfast every morning the kitchen/service staff seemed unable to get it seamlessly right. To be fair, one of the party was lactose and gluten intolerant, however after the first day you would think this would have been clear, or there would have been a better understanding of the dietary requirements. The food when it came was of course delicious, I could not fault it... but with what you're paying for in the hotel you would expect the restaurant service to be more refined.
Despite this, I would no doubt return to the hotel on every stay in New York hereafter!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Let me start, like always, and admit upfront that I am a hotel snob. A bad hotel can and surely will ruin a trip for me. So it's a stressful situation while booking travel bc...my hotel is key. I was referred to The Crosby Street Hotel by a friend-and also saw it listed on Mr and Mrs Smith (it was my friends referral that sealed the deal)
The hotel is located on a cute cobblestone street in Soho. The rooms are big (NYC standards) they are absolutely spotless with crisp white sheets and blanket. The bathroom was great and the shower had THE BEST water pressure!! Service was great and everyone was extremely nice and professional (even when we fell asleep in the drawing room after our red eye from LA (our room was understandably not ready).
Our room package included breakfast, although bc of the time change, our bodies weren't really ready to eat- so we only indulged on our last day. But on the note of breakfast- you have the liberty to order anything off of the menu (not a crummy continental breakfast).
If the subway is your preferred method of travel- the station is steps away from the lobby doors...
When in New York- The Crosby Street will be my hotel of choice from here on out!

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I live in lower Manhattan and fell in love with the Crosby Street Hotel when a good friend suggested it for drinks one night. The decor is beautiful and the food is fantastic. Since then, I have always looked for an excuse to stay there and finally had the chance to book a room there for my wedding— my fiancé and I wanted to spend the night before the wedding apart and I wanted a place that would work for getting ready with my sister and mom as well as a place to stay with my husband the night of the wedding.

I booked a deluxe room on a top floor, but when I mentioned that I was getting married that weekend, they upgraded me to a 1 bedroom suite on the 11th floor. The room was absolutely stunning, with an incredible view of the neighborhood. It was also extremely quiet and I was able to get my beauty rest the night before my wedding. All of the touches in the room, from the furniture to the glassware, are highly curated and beautiful. It's elegant without being stuffy—comfortable luxury.

The staff there was incredibly helpful. When I needed something printed out they brought it up to my room almost immediately. As I was leaving the hotel in my wedding gown, it was raining and the doorman took each person from the door to our car with an umbrella and helped us with all our bags. When my husband and I arrived on the night of our wedding, there was a bottle of champagne waiting. Everyone was super friendly.

The room service was also delicious. I ordered breakfast twice during my stay and it was wonderful.

Although the hotel is expensive (I don't think I could bring myself to pay full price for a suite there!) they definitely pull out all the stops and treat their guests right. If you're looking for a splurge while in New York, I couldn't think of a better place.

Room Tip: The top floors have a great view of lower manhattan.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!