“I would probably stay there again” 4 of 5 stars

Crosby Street Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   79 Crosby Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #15 of 458 Hotels in New York City
kauai
“I would probably stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The location is perfect as it is walkable to fantastic shopping and everything in lower Manhattan, decor was stunning, room was perfect, and the shower was a genuine guilty pleasure. My only gripe, (and it could be because I'm from Kauai and everyone is friendly), we walked in and they said "welcome home", but never followed through. We were there for 5 nights, and for a small hotel, they pretty much ignored us as we came and went - Could have been a 1500 room hotel in Vegas. The advise from the concierge was terse, and found to be inaccurate. then a film crew showed up and as we walked by the lobby the staff was very attentive to the "A-listers", the term the doorman gave them. I found that pretty much icky - I don't think its good form to tell a guest that "that person over there" is more important to the hotel than you. All of New York could be this way, so my complaint could be off for the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Probably my most favourite hotel to date. The initial impression from the decor is absolutely astounding - the hotel is packed with really interesting art around every corner! The service was great and our stay was so enjoyable - extremely comfortable beds and lovely views of the city, in beautiful rooms. It is also a great location in the soho area, near some great restaurants. We ate one dinner there which was delicious, although it was a bit of a strange concept that most of the dishes didn't come with sides, you had to pay extra to a price that maybe could have at least included some vegetables.
The only reason I didn't rate the hotel as excellent is because at breakfast every morning the kitchen/service staff seemed unable to get it seamlessly right. To be fair, one of the party was lactose and gluten intolerant, however after the first day you would think this would have been clear, or there would have been a better understanding of the dietary requirements. The food when it came was of course delicious, I could not fault it... but with what you're paying for in the hotel you would expect the restaurant service to be more refined.
Despite this, I would no doubt return to the hotel on every stay in New York hereafter!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Let me start, like always, and admit upfront that I am a hotel snob. A bad hotel can and surely will ruin a trip for me. So it's a stressful situation while booking travel bc...my hotel is key. I was referred to The Crosby Street Hotel by a friend-and also saw it listed on Mr and Mrs Smith (it was my friends referral that sealed the deal)
The hotel is located on a cute cobblestone street in Soho. The rooms are big (NYC standards) they are absolutely spotless with crisp white sheets and blanket. The bathroom was great and the shower had THE BEST water pressure!! Service was great and everyone was extremely nice and professional (even when we fell asleep in the drawing room after our red eye from LA (our room was understandably not ready).
Our room package included breakfast, although bc of the time change, our bodies weren't really ready to eat- so we only indulged on our last day. But on the note of breakfast- you have the liberty to order anything off of the menu (not a crummy continental breakfast).
If the subway is your preferred method of travel- the station is steps away from the lobby doors...
When in New York- The Crosby Street will be my hotel of choice from here on out!

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I live in lower Manhattan and fell in love with the Crosby Street Hotel when a good friend suggested it for drinks one night. The decor is beautiful and the food is fantastic. Since then, I have always looked for an excuse to stay there and finally had the chance to book a room there for my wedding— my fiancé and I wanted to spend the night before the wedding apart and I wanted a place that would work for getting ready with my sister and mom as well as a place to stay with my husband the night of the wedding.

I booked a deluxe room on a top floor, but when I mentioned that I was getting married that weekend, they upgraded me to a 1 bedroom suite on the 11th floor. The room was absolutely stunning, with an incredible view of the neighborhood. It was also extremely quiet and I was able to get my beauty rest the night before my wedding. All of the touches in the room, from the furniture to the glassware, are highly curated and beautiful. It's elegant without being stuffy—comfortable luxury.

The staff there was incredibly helpful. When I needed something printed out they brought it up to my room almost immediately. As I was leaving the hotel in my wedding gown, it was raining and the doorman took each person from the door to our car with an umbrella and helped us with all our bags. When my husband and I arrived on the night of our wedding, there was a bottle of champagne waiting. Everyone was super friendly.

The room service was also delicious. I ordered breakfast twice during my stay and it was wonderful.

Although the hotel is expensive (I don't think I could bring myself to pay full price for a suite there!) they definitely pull out all the stops and treat their guests right. If you're looking for a splurge while in New York, I couldn't think of a better place.

Room Tip: The top floors have a great view of lower manhattan.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed June 27th and 28th. The hotel is beautifully and uniquely decorated. From the time you arrive you are greeted by very friendly valets to help you get bags out of your car; escorted to front desk to check in, and then assist with luggage to your room. Our check- in experience was fine except rooms were not ready @ 1:30 pm. After a few minutes we we're told rooms just became available on the 4th floor. For $600+ a night I would have expected a higher floor. One room was right next to elevator and our second room just down the hall. Both overlooked Crosby St. versus the backside of the hotel overlooking a private garden/patio area. Def preferred our view but heard the garden view side is much quieter. On the 4th floor you def hear the street level noise, even with windows closed. And I could hear our travel mates talking in their rooms from the hallway. Crystal clear. Our room's decor was just mediocre. A bit flat and unexciting with navy and yellow curtains with a matching headboard. The highlight of the room was the bathroom. Very roomy with double sinks and a shower that made you want to stay there all day. Water pressure was phenomenal. And to top it off, towels hang on a warming rack. Beds were so-so comfy. A bit too firm for my liking.
The hotels restaurant was the worst part of the hotel, IMO. Service was really slow. I mean REAALLY slow. You'd think they had to get everything from the dungeon 3 levels underground where the bathrooms reside. The food was absolutely not worth the prices they charge. We started off with the housemade guacamole. Good. Then we shared several items such as the margherita flatbread. Crust was soggy and chewy. Overall taste was bland. Not good. The Reubenini sliders. Basically a Reuben sandwich cut diagonally to make 4 triangles. Just okay. Croque Monsieur... Great if you like bread. The bread was very thick and nestled between two slices was a modest amount of ham. Again, just okay. The highlight was the housemade bar fries. Tasted just like McDonalds shoestring fries. Delicious. $157 later we left very dissatisfied wishing we had walked to the corner and gone to the highly rated Balthazar for lunch.

Overall, our stay was pleasant. Location in SoHo is great. But everything we wanted to do was midtown ( theatre district, Saks, Henri Bendel, Patsy's...) With the exception of the restaurant, the hotel service was top notch. Wouldn't stay again. At these prices would rather stay at the Gansevoort , the Carlyle, The Towers at the New York Palace...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The service at the hotel was amazing! The decor in the room is beautiful and the beds are very, very comfortable. The hotel is located on a quiet block and the rooms were quiet too. The breakfast and the lunch were both delicious. We felt like we were in London!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better but prices go up with the floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This beautiful hotel in SoHo has it all. The staff is very friendly, decor is amazing, the food is tasty and the drinks at the bar, oh man, just perfect! I was there for an annual conference organized by my firm, they are so good at organizing these!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!