“Crosby Street Hotel is a Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Crosby Street Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   79 Crosby Street, New York City, NY 10012 (SoHo)   |
Ranked #10 of 464 Hotels in New York City
south
“Crosby Street Hotel is a Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

What a fantastic stay at this hotel! I visited for two night in May and can honestly say it was the best two nights I have ever had in NYC. The decor is so interesting and fun, the staff was very accommodating and friendly, the room/bathroom was superb, the courtyard was lovely and inviting, the location was amazing. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay in the Soho area. I couldn't have made a better choice in hotels. Balthazar was practically across the street, Bloomie's just on the next block plus all the other wonderful boutiques within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

In general, we liked it very much, an exquisite decor in the lounges and room, a wonderful neighbour (Soho) location. What was terrible was the street location: Crosby St is a kind of service way for stores located in Broadway St, and starting at the end of the afternoon it becames packed with lots of huge garbage bags, which are collected by noisy trucks all night long, which was a problem for us because we love sleeping with opening windows (if you do so, ask for a room in the higher floors, we paid a high noise toll by being in a lower one...). Prices are adequate for the level of the hotel and services are ok, meaning they may well be a little bit more attentive to the guests.

Room Tip: if you like sleeping with open windows, don't choose a room in lower floors street front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The service from every member of the staff was amazing. Everything was anticipated before we asked for it. There is a sitting room for gussets of the hotel that is so comfortable. You really never want to leave...just move right in. Usually we like to eat outside of the hotel. Not here, the breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced. Cocktails were mixed by professional mixologists. And dinner was delicious and memorable. This was a fantastic neighborhood for shopping!

Room Tip: Try a higher floor. Rooms from the 3rd thru 5th look into the neighboring buildings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Superb location, excellent decor, prices for the bar and restaurant slightly high.
Service not the best but overall an enjoyable stay, if the minor issues weren't there it would be amazing hotel

I'm sure there is better value for money elsewhere in NYC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here in May, as a weekend break away from our 2 children. Perfectly located in Soho surrounded by restaurants for all tastes and budgets and shops from designer to quirky boutiques. So nice to see New York from a downtown point of view - I think we hardly saw a skyscraper! Rooms are beautifully decorated (we were on 9th floor). Quiet and very comfortable and a good size for New York too. Concierge desk was incredibly helpful with metro advice but otherwise we sorted ourselves out happily and walked nearly everywhere. Only complaint relates to the indifferent staff at breakfast on our first morning (not included with some deals and expensive). My food didn't arrive and the waiter never really seemd that bothered enough to have to find out where it was. But that was fine as we went elsewhere for the other mornings including an incredible Mexican 5 minutes walk away. Otherwise we would highly recommend the Crosby St and hope to stay in some of the sister hotels in London one day!

Room Tip: Check that your room is one of the recently refurbished ones to see some fantastically quirky interi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband had business in NYC and the Co he works for put us up here for 2 nights. I will tell you .. I have stayed in many hotels .. this was the best 2 nights and 2 and a half days ever! The hotel is chic, posh, yet warm and comfortable. The attention to detail is 5 star! I arrived early, before my husband as he was traveling from a different city ... and I only had to wait about an hour and a half. I sat at the bar in the hotel restauant and had an amazing breakfast. Our room was on the 6th floor facing the courtyard. It was a busy Friday afternoon and I heard no noise!! The room was stellar! We were in a delux room with king bed. Ohthe bed and pillows.!! So very very comfy. I slept sooo well! I usually travel with a sound machine and in this room I did not need it!! The walls are covered in fabric and help with the sound proofing. I was most impressed!! The huge warehouse style window with cushions on the sill was my favorite spot to sit in the sun and watch above a few rooftops and out over the city. While I unpacked I noticed details like - lights in the closet - a electical outlet - beautiful shelving as well as a lavendar sachet on a hanger! There were at least two beautiful chest of drawers as well as a nightstand with drawers to keep things tucked away and tidy. Lighting was wonderful - in bathroom and our room. There was a very comy sofa and chair as well as a desk and chair. The bathroom is amazing too, Heated towel bars for 4 big towels and although we were there in the summer - I swear the floor was heated. I never got cold in the huge lovely marble shower or standing on the marble floor while getting ready. Bathrobes were lux and the shampoo, conditioner and soap .. all lux! Two beautiful pedstool sinks and there was plenty of room for my husband and I to get ready in same bathroom. The service in the bar and restaurant as well as the front desk were all excellent and friendly! I read that each room is different .. I loved ours ... not sure Id want to change. The air conditioner was great. Kept us cool at just the right temp or wherever we set it! Loved the close proximity to many NYC attractions as I spent a day exploring SoHo! My husband is a NY'r and we spent a lovely summer evening strolling the SoHo, Tibeca and The Village. I was sad to say good bye to our lovely room and most quiet little gem in the big apple!

Room Tip: Rooms that face courtyard are very very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a beautiful addition to the neighborhood and the inside has gorgeous artwork for guests to enjoy. Conveniently located and extremely pet-friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend this beautiful space if you're sick of chains and feeling like a number. They offer high-quality service and delicious food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!