Having been to NYC numerous times but typically stay at kind of generic hotel chains, wanted to treat my mother to a fabulous trip and stay at the Crosby Street. Beyond the luxury and top-notch location in Soho, some of the details are what really made this place fabulous and unique:
- Turndown service includes a complimentary Evian bottle for each guest, as well as very pleasant smelling (spa-like) room spray, also these unique French cuff links (at least I think that's what those were)
- The conceirge and staff went above and beyond to accommodate a special request I had for surprising my mom upon arrival w/ a note and bottle of wine; the bell man also ran several blocks during a rain storm to hail a cab for us...these acts are above and beyond what your typical NYC hotel will do
- back Garden is lush, tranquil, and beautifully decorated. It's a gorgeous sanctuary in the city and I haaven't seen anything like it at any other hotel in the city. Building is also rated LEED Gold
- Like many other reviews mentioned, the room is HUGE compared to standard hotel sizes, including a very roomy bathroom. The floor to ceiling windows make the rooms bright and airy and the view from the upper-level floors is AWESOME. I would just sit and look out the window. Bed is also very comfortable.
The only downside is some of the staff seem a bit aloof and snobbish, while others are extremely friendly. I kind of felt like it's luxury boutique hotel kind of catering to the snooty crowd or celeb-type clientele and if you don't fit that mold, you were kind of looked down on. However, this was only a few of the staff and maybe I'm just sensitive (b/c my mom didn't seem to notice a thing). Plus, most of the staff personnel were really, really friendly.
One other thing to note: the Library Room and Honesty Bar are a cool perk, but beware if you actually make your own cocktail. The prices are pretty ridiculous ($20 for a shot of vodka) and I made my own drink pretty stiff and got charged $40 when I was checking out. Sure, I probably had 2 shots in my drink, but I was flabbergasted they actually measured & charged me $40 for one cocktail.
I've stayed at other 5-star hotels in different cities/countries (ex: Esperanza in Cabo, Boca Raton Resort & Club in Florida) and this competes with the best of them. The price is pretty hefty for even their basic room (in fact, the per-night room charge at Crosby is on par w/ the Esperanza - which is on Conde Nast's Best Hotels in the World list) so I think it's a little overpriced for what it is, but that doesn't negate the fact that it is a unique, amazing luxury hotel in Manhattan.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Crosby Street Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.