“Just let me move in!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne
“Just let me move in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

On my first trip to NYC in over 20 years it was important to me to stay somewhere special. This was also the first holiday I had had with my husband sans enfants in 18 years. It's always a gamble picking hotels; will it live up to expectations? Especially when there's a reasonable amount of money involved. Well The Crosby exceeded my expectations. Having long been a fan of Kit Kemp's interiors I knew it was going to look good but it was still a thrill walking into the entrance, the room was divine. It's location is perfect, walk everywhere. Hip cafes and boutique shops on its doorstep. I'm hoping to be in New York next year and don't intend to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Rarely do my relatives from the West Coast come to the Big Apple, so when they did, I wanted them to see something special. A friend who works in the area had introduced me to this place. I made a mental note to come back with out-of-towners, and so I had the pleasure of breakfasting in the hotel's restaurant. The server knew how to stay attentive while in the background. Our water glasses were never empty; my napkin was refolded when I excused myself. The coffee was superb as were the fresh berries. After breakfast, we wandered from room to room around the lobby and outdoor patio. There is tasteful and eclectic artwork everywhere that combines primitif with modern. The furniture clusters makes it feel more like someone's home than a hotel.

The front desk staff was most accommodating. They gladly charged up my dead battery while we dined.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Crosby Street hotel was one of the best places I have stayed in a long time. I have a daughter at NYU and have stayed in a number of hotels in the area. This is by far the nicest and worth every penny. Not only are the rooms gorgeous, the hotel in top shape, the staff was beyond exceptional. They wanted to do whatever they could to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
The room has small amenities that just make this hotel a step above other hotels in the same price range. One of our most enjoyable parts was the private room to have drinks that is only open to guests. It was a Saturday night and we had friends joining us for dinner. We decided to have drinks before dinner in order to catch up on our lives. This room I felt like I was siting in my living room being served drinks. Fabulous!! I found everything exceptional. I can not wait to return in about a month to celebrate my daughters graduation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor so you hard minimal traffic noise. All rooms are sunny because of the flo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Crosby Street Hotel is a gem in every way.
Beautiful, spacious(by NY standards) rooms with magnificent city views.
Most importantly the staff is the most attentive group we have ever encountered in NYC.
Be sure to grab a drink in the library after dinner....heaven.
The location is ideal with shopping, food and culture at your door step.
Nowhere better in the Big Apple.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere else!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I chose the Crosby Street Hotel because it felt a bit 'different', not just the bland hotel chain option. I wasn't disappointed - this hotel has character. Quirky, beautifully furnished, but still friendly and laid back.
The rooms are cosy, not just art installations as in some design hotels, and a great deal of care has obviously gone into providing all the little things that make a difference. Great minibar too!
The staff are welcoming and friendly. I'd agree with the reviewers who have commented on breakfast: it's not that it's bad, just doesn't live up to the rest of the hotel, and it's a bit crowded and rushed. Why bother when you have Balthazar at the end of the street, or Dean and Deluca for takeaway? I was glad I booked room only as it gives an incentive to explore and it would be a shame not to since you're spoilt for choice in this part of NYC.

Room Tip: I felt it was worth it to pay extra for a room on a higher floor. Although facing the street it get...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I live in New York but this is the hotel I recommend for anyone coming to stay who has a bit more of a budget. This is not a cheap place, but it is an impeccable one. The common areas are just terrific, the lounge and dining rooms are imaginatively and beautifully decorated. The restaurant is excellent and the location in the middle of Soho is wonderful. It's close to subways but also very easy to get a taxi and great to walk around. It's an elegant place, not child unfriendly, but not especially kid friendly either. I recommend it for lovers and very upmarket business travel. I go there for lunch often, it's a respite in the hubbub of New York.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The location, decor, and amenities in this celebrity studded hotel are exactly what you think they are going to be. Uber stylish and cool, the rooms are comfortable, the restaurant superb, the location perfect and to top it off they mix a mean martini in the bar.

The walk to the toilets from the bar is a bit of a trek and some of the staff were clearly hired more for their good looks and fashion magazine froideur than for their efficiency or even interest in their jobs. But it is all part of the fun. Who doesn't want to be ignored by a model in a painfully groovy Soho hotel?

Not really a businessman's hotel unless one is in film or fashion, but certainly worth staying in for those weekends when you simply must pretend that life is like a Sex and the City episode.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!