“The ONLY place to stay in NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Crosby Street Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   79 Crosby Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #12 of 452 hotels in New York City
Melbourne
“The ONLY place to stay in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent 14 nights at the Crosby street Hotel. It is expensive but it is well worth it. We booked an upper floor room which gave us great views over Soho. Instead of becoming tired of the same surroundings, we were made to feel at home every day. All the staff were wonderful, the concierges who always gave current, accurate advice, the waitress in the cocktail bar who could more accurately predict what cocktail I would enjoy better than I could. The reception staff who were always welcoming and pleasant right through to the hotel's General Manager who was engaged and welcoming. Guests had access to an Honour bar where you could make your own drink or our your own champagne, sit in the luxurious lounge just like at home BUT with full butler service if you would prefer. The hotel has an eclectic design with a focus on the local dogs of Soho. The products I. The bathroom were excellent quality and I found myself using the body lotion in preference to my own. The turndown service provided a bottle of water per guest and a beautiful spray of lavender on the daily fresh sheets and pillows. It is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, in a hotel. If I had any criticism it would be breakfast. We only had breakfast on our final day and were glad we had opted not to take the breakfast package, there are far more cost effective and delicious breakfast foods throughout Soho and NYC in general. However that is more of a tip than a criticism. Eat breakfast out. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, a place that makes you feel at home whilst providing amazing service. It will now be our go to place in NYC. Oh, and the Sunday film night was also great, my advice however, is if you choose the dinner and movie option go earlier so you don't have to rush the three course meal!

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors so you have a rooftop views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect as some of the trendier hotels often don't serve afternoon tea, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The room & seating is more that of a traditional dining room than typical tea rooms or you can sit outside in the garden area ,but the tables aren't ideal for tea as the waitstaff pointed out & we agreed. I wasn't crazy about the decor or ambiance, but we soon got over that as everything else was great. Beautiful china & teapots, good tea selection, good food, sugar cubes (a must for a proper tea) and very polite attentive service. I would recommend and go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Kit Kemp is a brilliant interior designer and hotelier. Her hotel properties in London are always well situated, decorated to the finest detail and fitted out with the best furnishings - likewise for her hotel in NYC at Crosby St. Located off a quieter street in SoHo, staying at the Crosby is great for exploring downtown NYC. The hotel is in a convenient location but nicely tucked way so it is never too noisy. The bedding is so comfortable, and the bathroom well done up (water pressure is very good). This is a hotel that feels like home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The last of our 4 hotels in NYC proved to be the best, in terms of location (perfect for strolling around SoHo with lots of shops & restaurants), design, service, size of the luxury room & bathroom. The doormen double up as expert weather forecasters!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Terneuzen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed 4 nights with my wife in this beautiful decorated hotel. Professional staff, a warm welcome on arrival and the concierge and doormen were always willing to assist and recommend for shopping, dining and directions. Hotel was extremely clean and well appointed, a high quality of decoration and soft furnishings used. Free Wifi in the hotel, excellent breakfast. Large rooms for NYC, nice bathroom with great powerful shower. Excellent location in SoHo, great shopping possibilities. Also very nice bar for drinks with friends and/or business partners.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our 6th stay at this awesome hotel. As usual, the staff was so welcoming and accommodating. The room decor is eclectic and totally cool. The fabrics and furnishings change from room to room which keeps it interesting for return visits. We've stayed in deluxe junior suites and luxurious one bedroom suites...all fantastic! Housekeeping is terrific and the rooms have always been spotless. We love the Crosby Bar for a tremendous selection of delicious, flavorful dishes in a cool setting. Definitely our favorite hotel in NYC!

• Stayed September 2013
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I spent the night at this amazing hotel when going to watch the U.S. Open. We were surprised at the attention to detail in the artwork and decor in all of the rooms. The two spacious yet comfortable conference rooms had their own color palette and feel with beautiful furniture and pieces of artwork you won't see anywhere else. There is even a movie theater/screening room where they offer specials on certain nights and weekends. We didn't get back to the hotel until after 1 am and wanted a nightcap. The library off the main lobby offered an "honor bar" even though a waiter came to take our drink order. Our hotel room which had an amazing view from a huge oversized window had a fully stocked bar and a bathroom one could only dream of- gorgeous marble walls and flooring with a flat screen TV above the tub and spacious free standing shower stall. The front desk staff were actually very nice and friendly. I was not expecting that in a boutique NY hotel. Our only bad experience was in their adjoining restaurant at breakfast. You would have thought the waiter had to pay us to be in his station. He was the epitome of NY rudeness. Not a "good morning" or "can I start you with coffee" not a smile-Nothing! And that wasn't the worst part. After we ordered our food, I had to pull him away from a conversation with another waiter to ask for my coffee--he disappeared and another staff member brought it out. We waited quite a while for just our water and OJ, but when the food did arrive, our waiter delivered it to us and never asked if we wanted any refills, how our food was-- again disappeared and never returned. Ever! We finally had to leave and another staffer came to clear our dishes and leave the bill. Unfortunately, I had to excuse myself to the ladies room and my husband handled the bill. He later told me a 15% tip was automatically included in the bill! I couldn't believe it! If I had known before we were in the cab, I would have gone straight to the manager and let him have it. Bottom line, the hotel was fabulous and well run with terrific staff--they should either separate themselves from the restaurant or have the front desk train the wait staff in the business of hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!