“Loved the Crosby” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 452 hotels in New York City
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Loved the Crosby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We chose the Crosby Street Hotel as my dog is called Cozby (but with a z) and I am so glad that we did! When I return to NYC for any future holidays I will be staying here without a doubt.

We paid a little extra and booked a room on the top floor which was worth every penny. Our room deco was stylish and very comfortable with amazing rooftop views. The bed was so big I had to climb into it but was pure luxury. The bathroom had a walk in power shower which was divine.

We ate at the hotel restaurant on the Friday night which was buzzing and had a great atmosphere, pink champagne and the crosby burger was yum! We ordered breakfast in bed on the last day, pancakes with syrup and hash browns were very good.

Being an animal lover the dog theme was great and the deco is very stylish. Hotel is in a great location and the tube is nearby as are the Soho shops.

Staff were friendly and helpful, concierge did a great job in managing to get us taxis.

The hotel is relaxed and not pretentious, there is no where else in NYC I would rather stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a top floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I loved my stay at the Crosby.

The location is ideal: very close to the action of Soho and Nolita, but on a quiet cobblestone side street. The subway is only a block away to take you uptown if needed.

The lobby and restaurant are both beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. Both a shaving and toothbrush kit were brought to our room in minutes upon request.

The rooms are the highlight of the hotel. Our deluxe room had a wall of gorgeous casement windows, with both a privacy shade and drapes that blocked out all light. The bathroom was beautiful and was appointed with heated towels, bathrobes and slippers.

Our only complaint was that the air conditioning was difficult to control with the wall touch-pad. Easier controls would have been helpful.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a hotel in New York.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hagley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have stopped in New York many times and The Crosby Street Hotel is our favourite hotel. The location is superb for shopping in SoHo. Little Italy and China Town are easily within walking distance. The hotel itself is like a home from home with fantastic decor and features. Great bar and really friendly staff. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a well run and stylish boutique hotel. Ivor and Joanne Allchurch. Worcestershire UK

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the luxury rooms on the
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is an astonishingly good hotel in terms of convenience, location, service, but above all in terms of design. it's principle would appear to be largely canine and harmonious eclecticism. Which is to say that the public spaces and rooms are peppered with fabulous, curious, beautiful and intriguing objects and paintings, many to do with dogs. Rooms are large and personal touches abound so that you almost feel you're at home..Windows, are room-sized, and you almost feel you're in an adult dolls' house (not a dog kennel). Of course you can stop people looking in!

It comes at a price, of course, but good things do, and it is worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

There is only one way to explain our stay at this hotel-exquisite.
Every detail is looked after, from the decor, to the room layout, china tea cups!!!!!!!
We were in this hotel when Sandy hit, it was devastating that we needed to leave the hotel the day after due to no power-the hotel and the staff were fantastic-they are a credit to the hotel and the owners. Well done!!!!!
We cant wait to get back to NYC and to the Crosby Street Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I chose to stay here for my business trip for 1 night. My flight arrived at 7:10am, by the time I arrived at the hotel it was only around 8:30am ish. Upon arrival I requested for an early check-in over the email, however, they did not guarantee it, which is perfectly understandable as the usual check-in time for most of the hotels is 2-3pm. To my pleasant surprise, the staff already had a room ready for me when I was checking-in. I can go on and on about the outstanding service that this hotel provides...
The room is contemporary, but yet cozy and homey.
It is definitely one of the best hotels in NYC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We love the firmdale brand, so chose to stay for my wife's 40th Birthday for 5 nights.
From the moment we arrived the personal touch and experiances made our stay a dream.
We have both travelled to NYC many times and hardend global traverlers, if you want and deserve a treat, then enter the world of Crosby street.
The front staff and conceirge made our stay, Room upgrades, champagne, cup cakes, personal cards, flowers, all on the house!
I had my heart set on a special restaurant, no luck booking from UK, the conceirge suprised us both on the eveing of my wifes Birthday with a reservation to the restaurant! amazing and extremely thoughtfull.
The bar area is chilled, best drinks and service and bar interior in town, you can hear yourself think and unwind after a day on your feet, the breakfast is superb, try the full english! again serviced with perfection in peice and quite.
The Hotel is very quiet, sleep quality outstanding for NYC, you will not beat this.
Thankyou, Thankyou all at Crosby street, the value you give is extrodinary and rare.

Room Tip: Rooms on higeher floors, get better views, 8 to 11.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!