“Service at its finest!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 454 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Service at its finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I chose to stay here for my business trip for 1 night. My flight arrived at 7:10am, by the time I arrived at the hotel it was only around 8:30am ish. Upon arrival I requested for an early check-in over the email, however, they did not guarantee it, which is perfectly understandable as the usual check-in time for most of the hotels is 2-3pm. To my pleasant surprise, the staff already had a room ready for me when I was checking-in. I can go on and on about the outstanding service that this hotel provides...
The room is contemporary, but yet cozy and homey.
It is definitely one of the best hotels in NYC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We love the firmdale brand, so chose to stay for my wife's 40th Birthday for 5 nights.
From the moment we arrived the personal touch and experiances made our stay a dream.
We have both travelled to NYC many times and hardend global traverlers, if you want and deserve a treat, then enter the world of Crosby street.
The front staff and conceirge made our stay, Room upgrades, champagne, cup cakes, personal cards, flowers, all on the house!
I had my heart set on a special restaurant, no luck booking from UK, the conceirge suprised us both on the eveing of my wifes Birthday with a reservation to the restaurant! amazing and extremely thoughtfull.
The bar area is chilled, best drinks and service and bar interior in town, you can hear yourself think and unwind after a day on your feet, the breakfast is superb, try the full english! again serviced with perfection in peice and quite.
The Hotel is very quiet, sleep quality outstanding for NYC, you will not beat this.
Thankyou, Thankyou all at Crosby street, the value you give is extrodinary and rare.

Room Tip: Rooms on higeher floors, get better views, 8 to 11.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times - for business and pleasure. The staff are superb and cater expertly to both types of traveller. This trip was with my 15-yr-old daughter who loved it. Front desk staff, who really does everything, are outstanding. Room not ready? Have a glass of wine and a cupcake - on the house. Rooms are huge, stylishly and functionally appointed, quiet and whimsical. Kids will love the bench cushions on the huge sill of the gorgeous floor to ceiling windows. Great place to eat breakfast and watch the world go by. The smallest request is addressed courteously and promptly. No attitude in this boutique hotel. Everyone is a "somebody" and is treated with respect. If there is any area to work on I'd suggest the concierge desk could brush up......of the three who were on the weekend we were there, one was outstanding, one was miserable and surly and the third was knowledgable but curt. These failings, though, are more than balanced by all other staff. If you like the downtown location, I have no reservations about recommending this hotel. Also - the best subway is right around the corner, not to mention Dean and de Luca.....:)

Room Tip: I prefer rooms that look onto Crosby Street rather than those at the back of the building. It's...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boston Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This place is such an oasis of calm and non-ostentatious luxury in Soho. My room was peaceful and comfortable, excellent bathroom (good water pressure, heated towel rack,nice amenities)... this is New York, so nothing to be done about the garbage truck coming by early in the morning. Rooms on higher floors have beautiful cityscape views. Service is attentive. I spent an hour Sunday morning in the guests-only lounge reading the Sunday Times and feeling like a lady of luxury. The place is pricey; drinks and bar food expensive to match. I was fortunate to have been invited for a conference, and would stay here again in a minute... as long as someone else was paying!

Room Tip: High floor to get the views over the city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the minute we arrived we loved everything about Crosby Street. The decor is brilliantly cool like all the Firmdale hotels with interesting fabrics, art and objets everywhere. It feels warm and friendly the staff are helpful, knowledgable and obliging, I'm sure the concierge could arrange dinner with Batman. Our room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable with huge windows looking on the street. The bar is a great addition to the NY scene and the restaurant quality is as good for snacks or a la carte and the lounge is terrific. SoHo is an interesting area with a great vibe, shops and restaurants all in walking distance. Well done Crosby Street, can't wait to go back

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As a now multiple time guest of this beautiful hotel in trendy SoHo, I can truly say that this place is incredible in all aspects. From the warm and friendly front desk to the wonderful service, The Crosby is a small boutique hotel that is part of the Firmdale hotel group out of London that truly stands out! During our last visit, we arrived quite early and were immediately greeted and told that although my room was not ready, we would be upgraded since the hotel had some open rooms. A nice treat for a regular guest!! Our suitcases were secured and then we were off to explore the great surrounding areas. Visiting Balthazar, a fantastic and very popular french bistro, around the corner for a late breakfast was amazing. We then walked the great streets of SoHo (South of Houston) to just enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. We arrived back to the hotel to be rewarded with an upgrade to a spectacular suite for the evening. The suite was beyond belief and jaw-dropping....impeccable in all ways with enough room to entertain ten or twenty in luxury! Beautiful robes, high end bath materials and superb bedding are all part of the Crosby experience in all rooms! Although we have not eaten in the restaurant, we enjoyed the top-notch lively bar scene. The bar always seems to be hopping! The bartenders are quite imaginative and the atmosphere is cool!
This is a must go to hotel and one that you will not be disappointed in.

Room Tip: If you can afford the luxury, upper floor rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I looked at several hotels in this location and went with the Crosby based on the very positive reviews and it lived up to the hype!! It is a modern, fresh, somewhat funky vibe but all very well done. Our room had floor to ceiling windows that encompassed almost an entire wall with black iron mullions and casing.. beautiful. We looked down on the hotel's courtyard and it couldn't have been sexier and yet romantic at the same time. Terrific service checking in and when shown to our room, our very early check out two days later was very efficient also. It balances the allure of a new, hip hotel while still blending in with the area and not feeling cold or trying too hard. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosby Street Hotel? Share your experiences!