“Found an oasis in Midtown” 5 of 5 stars

You added Chambers Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 W 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #128 of 464 Hotels in New York City
New York, NY
“Found an oasis in Midtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this at the last minute for a short overnight and got a great price. First time there and based on the neighborhood I wasn't expecting to be blown away, but was truly surprised. The room was clean and modern with high ceilings and great/clever decorations. The bath amenities are full size from a great brand down in Nolita called Red Flower. The staff were really nice and breakfast room service was perfect!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Lapsarian,
We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations so thoroughly and hope to do so every time you visit, which we would be delighted to be many.
Thank you kindly for sharing your enthusiasm.
Be sure in letting me know when you are next in New York and I will be delighted assisting you with your reservations and about town.
Kindly,
ahawkins@chambershotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked two nights after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor. Our over-riding impression was the quality of staff during the stay - epitomised by two genuinely friendly and entertaining Concierges, Ty and Robert, who made it clear for the moment we walked through the door that they were there to make our time in New York City as productive and memorable as it could be. The room was clean and, for the area, good value. We would echo others' comments about the quality of the shower - a welcome bit of TLC after a full-on day out. No real frills to speak of in terms of food but no worries when there's such a massive selection on the doorstep - from breakfast to dinner and beyond. Concierge recommendations were checked out online (on the QT) before committing and all found to be top-notch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Edwardb638,
Thank you for your very enthusiastic review, we appreciate it immensely. We, too, are very glad you found yourselves so very well cared for; that is of the utmost importance in our minds. Please be certain I will pass along your kind words to Ty and Robert, and all others of our fantastic staff who make it all happen so seamlessly.
Kindly,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've been staying at Chambers on my NYC business trips for quite a few years. A while ago it went through a bad spot when the bar/restaurant closed but now that Milk and Ma Peche have opened up it seems to have re-found it's zeitgeist. Tucked away in midtown with subtle signage it's a retreat from 5th Av. The rooms are dark but well appointed, beds comfy and service excellent. But there are two major stand outs:

1) free wifi. Why on earth don't all hotels do this now? It makes a travellers life so much easier and the those few extra $$$ aren't worth it.
2) the showers. I've seen many hotels boast of their waterfall showers but these guys have nailed it. The best shower I've had. So much water you dare not turn it onto full power for fear of drowning standing up. Love it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear MattFenby Taylor,
Thank you for returning to Chambers. It was surely difficult not having a restaurant but we, too, are thrilled with having the Momofuku folks around and about. They certainly know their way around the kitchen.
Thank you for sharing your opinions with us and TripAdvisor; we greatly appreciate it. Even from the insider’s view I cannot understand the WiFi charge thing. It simply is how we live know.
I would be pleased to assist with your bookings for all your future visits.
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

When I don't travel myself, I am the person choosing the hotels my colleagues will stay in and here is an interesting comment to share:
Chambers hotel is excellent.
Very well placed, great rooms, staff etc.
Plus there is a gym that we get complimentary use of just one block away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alexandra M,
We would love having you as your guest so that you may firsthand experience Chambers. Just let us know when.
We certainly would be happy to assist with placing all your travelers in New York. Please only contact Ms. Mara Robin or myself to make arrangements.
Enjoy spring in Monte Carlo; I have very fond memories of the hills coming alive.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent 5 nights alone in NYC and I wanted to stay in a central hotel. .. And I found the place!
Chambers is in a great area, you can go out and feel all the noise of the city but returning back you are in a cozy, quiet room. Great atmosphere in the room, the staff friendly. Every day when I was returning back in the room I was under the impression that my mom was somewhere around and tied it up. I found the place to stay each time I am visiting NYC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ChambersNewYork, Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Raisa K,
Thank you for taking your time in letting us and TripAdvisor know how much you enjoyed Chambers. IN fact, our Executive Housekeeper is a bit of a mother to all of us here… and we are as happy as punch about it.
New York and Greece are certainly a good distance from one another, but we do hope to have you visit regularly. Let me know and we’ll ensure you are well cared for and know the latest of the latest from our concierges.
Until soon, travel safely,
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

They have by far the friendliest staff in New York. great door men, lovely ladies at reception. Because hotel is small, everyone recognises you already on day 2. Location is awsome. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peter S,

We couldn't be more pleased you found Chambers and want to return. We’ll be happy to welcome you again and again and again. Indeed, I will be delighted to handle your booking personally.

Until soon, travel safely,

Birmingham, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Loved the size, ambience, and comfortable rooms. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The room was very quiet and the mezzanine level library offered a nice place to chill with a glass of wine. Great location! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ginger759,

It is terrific to read how much you enjoyed your visit and we are very appreciative of your sharing with TripAdvisor.

Do let me know when you are returning and I'll give you a few of my favorite spots around the neighborhood.

Travel safely,

ahawkins@chambershotel.com

Been to Chambers Hotel? Share your experiences!