“Great location - Central to Everything” 4 of 5 stars

Flatiron Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10010   |
Ranked #260 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Great location - Central to Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This hotel was in a fantastic location, walking distance to almost everything. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and didn't hesitate to accommodate any of our requests. The rooms were small (which is standard in New York) but comfortable and modern, the rooms were kept very clean, however we did have mould in the shower this would be due to no circulation in the bathroom. For those who are gym goers, the gym is not located in the hotel but a block down the street. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel and its staff. We arrived at midnight on a sunday and there was live music in the bar down stairs, so if you like live music there is some at your doorstep 6 out of 7 nights a week. All in all it is a beautiful district to be in!!

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can so you are not disturbed by the music down stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Brighton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights, in August and we hated to check out! We love love loved everything about Flatiron! The room was beautiful and comfortable with lots of nice modern touches. The whole place is attractive with a fun vibe. The staff are all friendly and accommodating and the club downstairs hosts live music 6 days a week. We just had so much fun and loved everything about it! I couldn't say a bad word if I had to. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Because of the live music in the evenings, if you need a quiet room, I would recommend asking for a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Toshi (the owner) provided the best service around town! Him and his staff were so helpful and accommodating. The hotel itself was located in a great spot for sightseeing and nightlife. The rooms were a great size and the bathrooms were our favorite. They were all granite and there were TVs in the mirrors. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying again on our next trip!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hewitt, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I only stayed for 1 night and did not really take advantage of any of the hotel's services otherwise I could have rated it higher. My check in experience was very pleasant. I believe her name was Kendra. She allowed me to park my car in front of the hotel while I unloaded my bags on a bell cart. She watched my bags as I went to find parking. Central parking has a deal with the Flatiron to give a reduced rate. They also have valet parking but it is about $63 per day. My rate for 1 night with the discount was about $43.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the property. The elevator on my way up to my room and my room was suprisingly very clean and well appointed. For the new traveler to NYC, don't expect a huge hotel room unless your last name is West and your wife's name is Kim. It was a very cute and functional space to lay my head. Loved the automatic drapes!

The lobby bar had a singer the evening I stayed. She was an amazing singer!

I wish I could write more about the hotel but I did not give them an opportunity for me to taste their food or experience their customer service because I had plans that evening. I do highly recommend this property. Great value for the money!

Room Tip: Nothing to offer here. Room 806 is directly across from the elevator. I didn't hear anything.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked the Flatiron because of the price and location. We flew in for only a night to see a show on Broadway. The Flatiron is the perfect location to be able to walk to everything! The hotel itself has a beautiful lobby and friendly staff. The rooms are chic, and fun. We will definitely stay again on our next trip!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this very unique hotel. Only compliant was that my tv reception was poor but otherwise a fantastic property at a very good price. The lounge area has bands every night which are amazing! Staff is very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to New York City.

Stayed July 2014
Sevenoaks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I don't know about anyone else but if customer service is great then I'm happy to overlook more minor detractions!
So the carpet in the room was a little shabby and the wifi didn't work for the first day, but to be honest they are minor drawbacks in an otherwise very positive experience. The staff here were so friendly and helpful, Ben, Kenndra and Devin to name but a few. They totally made our stay and couldn't do enough for us. The location is superb as well. Pretty much central Manhattan.
Overall we were very happy with our hotel choice and it started our big trip in a perfect way. Thanks guys.

Stayed July 2014
CrystalCorrea, Director of Operations at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Bridger79,

Thank you for choosing the Flatiron Hotel for your recent stay and taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that our staff was able to provide great service during your stay. We will be making improvements throughout the hotel in the very near future which will include carpet renovations. We hope to welcome you back once those renovations are completed for an enhanced stay at the Flatiron!

Crystal Correa

Been to Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!