“Trapped at the Flatiron...” 2 of 5 stars

Flatiron Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10010   |
Ranked #261 of 459 Hotels in New York City
West Hollywood, California
“Trapped at the Flatiron...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked the Flatiron based on the location and reviews. I arrived Saturday, one day prior to the person I'm working for. . .this will not end well.
The desk staff was sweet and welcoming, but the first thing I saw after opening the door to my room was bunched up carpeting and a large stain. I spoke to the desk staff, and because they're fully committed, the first opportunity to switch rooms would be tomorrow.
At about midnight I went to the lobby to ask about amenities (breakfast/room service, workout room, etc) as there was only an empty binder in my room. The hotel is up for grabs tonight. I squeezed into an elevator packed with partiers, cocktails in hand, and after being held up for several minutes on the mezzanine, I finally got to the jam packed lobby and literally had to go into a side room with the desk person, because neither of us could hear over the noise. After being told that the binder IS actually empty, there is no room service and there is no on site gym, I had to fight to get back on the elevator which was being blocked by a bouncer(?) and a crowd of people. The floor of the elevator was soaked with beer at this point.
I'm not exactly sure what to do. When my boss arrives after a five hour flight for her prepaid reservation tomorrow night she will freak out unless there's been some sort of dramatic change here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

They have the details down, remote control blinds, Tv in the bathroom, outstanding shower! My advice is to upgrade the mattress, (it was acceptable, not outstanding like the shower). And keep the elevators cleaner. I know it must be harder in the winter time but it's one of the first things a customer sees. I like the entertainment at night, friendly staff, location and will stay there again during my stay. Cute boutiquey hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The location of this hotel was convenient, and the room was great. Fantastic bathroom and shower, & comfortable bed. I'll be staying here again. Staff was helpful. The entry looks very cool-- though be warned, there is live music Monday-Sat, which can get a little loud. However, this did not effect my ability to have a quiet's night rest!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The name of the hotel describes the district and is not in the iconic Flatiron Building. This area of New York is absolutely hopping and the club off the reception area is great. Despite the "with it" ambiance of the area, the hotel staff is bureaucratic, inhospitable and downright Kafkaesque, e.g. I couldn't get a drink from the bar to take to my room before the 5:00 pm opening until the front desk ok'd it which they wouldn't do without the permission of the bar. The mini bar in the room is electronic and will charge for items taken off of the sensor for 20 seconds or more. Given the location of the mini bar on the desk, items can frequently get jostled and end up on the bill. A standard room is so small that clothes have to be put in the closet on an angle and the bathroom door barely clears the toilet. And the was no heat in the bathroom!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

First impression has been the best! Staff very nice and friendly. Booked the hotel for my wife's 40th birthday and they really delivered by providing 7th floor corner room with 8 windows to see the city! All the finest that a hotel could offer. Jacuzzi tub with Tv on the bathroom mirror. Comfortable queen beds with plush linens and fine inviting decorum. One complaint although a nice LG 32 inch flat screen Tv the channel reception is very poor. Although I didn't come to the city to watch TV the NFL playoffs are on and the local HD signals are miserable. For a 4 star hotel I found this to be surprising. Beyond this minor issue this place delivers beyond words! They provided a birthday card and a compliment bottle of wine for my wife! Thanks to Angel and all Toshie's staff.

Room Tip: Upper floors away from night club is you retire early. If not mix it up and enjoy all the rooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We're from New York so we have never checked-in any hotel in the city. We stayed here for a weekend to celebrate my husband's 30th Birthday. The room is smaller than amy other hotel room I've stayed on the past but I'm guessing this is the standard in New York city. Apart from that, the room was clean, and we enjoyed our stay very much. we never called on housekeeping to make up our room so I cannot comment on that. I was a little hesitant to book this hotel based on the customer photos I saw of the bathroom with leaking ceilings and ugly or moldy fixtures but this was not our experience at all. although the room carpet could use a bit of a steam clean. the room is not equipped with slippers but they will gladly bring one up for you if you call front desk and ask. request for a room on a higher floor though. the band that plays in the bar downstairs and they can be loud. we were on the 6th floor so we were okay.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We arrived on Jan 1 and the bar/lobby was a little out of sorts but it was easily overlooked. The room was nice and clean. Very comfortable. Enjoyed tge multihead shower. Small room but who stays in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!