“Great for the price and great location too” 5 of 5 stars

Flatiron Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10010   |
Ranked #262 of 455 Hotels in New York City
East Hampton
“Great for the price and great location too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The fifth floor room was very nice. There was a band playing in the bar/lounge and we couldn't hear a thing. Clean and up to date. Great location for my work and social needs.Couldn't find the local channels on the bathroom TV but didn't have a lot of time nor cared to figure it out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Fishersville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel was the perfect location for us as we were visiting a relative who lives about six blocks away. The room, which was on the sixth floor, was nicely done and had all the latest technological gadgets (remote control to close and open the drapes, TV imbedded in the bathroom mirror, electronic notification for the maid). Some of the reviews complained about the noise from the night club downstairs but we never heard it. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel provided several e-mail reminders about our upcoming stay. Overall, it was the nicest hotel we have stayed at in the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sean A, Director of Operations at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
We are very happy you gave the Flatiron an honest review. We tell our guest to request rooms above the fourth floor who are looking to steer clear from the live entertainment from Toshi's Living Room. Thank you for staying with us.
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room, location, staff, and lounge were all amazing. The staff took care of us and made us feel right at home. Mr. Benz, Devon, David, and Natalie took time to make a guest connection with my wife and I. The Flatiron Hotel is in a perfect location to get anywhere in the city no matter the mode of transportation and is only a few steps from Eataly! The room was very clean and spacious and the details in the room were nice (marble walls, vaulted ceilings, automated curtains, and tv in the bathroom mirror). Toshi's Living Room is a great spot to enjoy a drink and amazing bar food (the Siracha mac&cheese and Ponzu sliders hit the spot). Toshi himself was super friendly and was kind enough to give us complimentary champagne to celebrate the honeymoon!!! I will be looking forward to staying at The Flatiron again on our next trip to the city. Thank you Flatiron staff for an unforgettable holiday honeymoon!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor which was fairly quite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We look forward to your next stay at The Flatiron Hotel. On behalf of Toshi and staff, thank you for the wonderful review.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Here is what I just wrote to the Director of Operations:

This is a love letter, because we love the Flatiron Hotel. We have stayed at many different hotels in NYC, but this was our first experience with the Flatiron and it was so fantastic! Here's what we loved:
1. Contacted by e-mail asking for early check-in. Got an immediate reply on a busy day from the night manager Benz A. saying he couldn't promise but would try. It was gracious, courteous, prompt, and immediately gave me a good feeling about the hotel, even if we hadn't gotten our early check-in (we did!).
2. Arrived and felt 100% pampered by everyone; our luggage was whisked up to our room while we checked in, everyone was friendly, cheerful, even working on a holiday!
3. Though all of your staff gets an A+, special mention to Kendra at the front desk. What a gem! I would come again just to see her. There wasn't anything she didn't do. She explained everything about the room, the hotel, the neighborhood. You are lucky to have this wonderful young woman representing you.
4. Great room, perfect size, very comfy beds, lots of pillows, awesome shower. My husband loved the TV on the bathroom mirror!
So, expect to see us again! You are now our go-to hotel.
When I have complaints, I write, but it's only fair to do the same when I have only good things to say. I could go on and on...great neighborhood, grand chairs in the lobby, aquarium that delighted my 8-year-old...next time we will try the restaurant. What you are doing there is remarkable. Thanks to all your staff for making our Thanksgiving stay a perfect treat! Hope you will share these sentiments with them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
A beautiful love letter and greatly appreciated. I have shared your letter with my staff..... Kendra and Benz were delighted they could make your stay with us so wonderful. Happy holidays to you and your family.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

It was not a as wonderful as i was expecting it on my first stay in this hotel. so i thought of calling the hotel prior to my arrival since i have my pregnant wife with me this time. Mr. Benz the Front Desk Manager took care of everything, he would always come out of his way to make our stay a wonderful one, we were granted an early check in without any fee, higher floor to get a good night sleep on our 5 nights stay. every time we needed assistance front desk staff are always there with a warm smile. i cant thank them enough, my wife was very pleased. Flatiron hotel is definitely my second home whenever i visit the big apple.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very good hotel. Small rooms that were very comfortable perfect size for a few nights. Staff was extremely helpful. Free internet in NYC?!?! Who would have thought. I will stay there again just for that. My only issue was that I was on the third floor and could hear the band on the lobby bar. Ask for a room on the 4th floor or higher.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've been in a lot of small NYC hotel rooms, but this one would compete for the winner. Room was clean. If you want a very, and I mean very loud night club/lounge in the lobby,this is the place for you. Unless you're above the sixth floor, on the lounge side of the building, you'll be enjoying the music in your room along with everyone in the lobby. Front desk agent was literally yelling at me when I checked in and I could barely hear him. I was also charged for a mini-bar item I didn't consume. It was removed when I asked at check out, but it always feels shifty when random little charges appear on your bill. If you're in your 20s and want to rock it and won't spend any time in your room go for it. The location is great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!