“Nice and great location but.....” 3 of 5 stars

Flatiron Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10010   |
Ranked #262 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Denver, Colorado
“Nice and great location but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I want to really like this hotel, I really, really do. The front of the house staff are excellent and the crowd that gathers at Toshi's during the night seems fairly good spirited as far as New York people seem. However there were a few problems. 1) No room service 2) Forgot to clean the room (despite being requested) 3) You can hear the music from the bar all the way up to the penthouse suite.

Overall the hotel feels like a good deal for the money and the people working there are super friendly, the problem is it just didn't quite make for a 5 star experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean A, Director of Operations at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We appreciate you staying at the Flatiron Hotel and noticing great customer service the staff delivers however, the live entertainment from Toshi's Living Room cannot be heard past the fourth floor. We recommend early bird guests to request accommodations in the fourth floor or higher. In addition, housekeeping is very aware as to not serving a room with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. We offer continental breakfast Monday thru Friday and have an onsite restaurant located at Toshi's Living Room. Our staff is highly knowledgeable as to other food alternatives customized to your liking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed in the hotel may of 2013 for a business trip. When walking in I was a little thrown off of how "club-like" it was (it kind of reminded me of a knock-off W.) I consider this 2 reviews

Part 1 (1 star):
My first room was rather dirty:
-door handle falling off
-wad of gum on the counter
-handprint on the head board
-dark stains on the chair
-(memory foam mattress) I am convinced due to a burn and turn/heavily accessed room
-if you are low (4th floor) it is loud

My friends tease me about being high maintenance but after I tried wiping things away, I was grossed out. I called the manager and she came up abruptly, apologized and said they would switch me to another room but they were booked for the night. They surprisingly didn't offer to re-clean the room. I went out and bought lysol wipes and wiped down everything.

The next night I was moved, up to a new floor (6) and it was a DRASTICALLY better room. It was clean, it was quiet, things were in place, the mattress was NOT memory foam. It was a really pleasant stay the additional days. The management was helpful, and the doorman was great. Definitely a 4 star experience.

However, now I am nervous to stay there again, because I am worried about what experience I will receive.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful. Devin, the doorman, was always smiling. He made us feel right at home. Whenever we needed anything, it was delivered to our room immediately. Would definitely stay again.

Verona, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Flatiron June 9, 2013 and were very, very happy that we picked this hotel. Since it was our first trip to NYC and I was traveling with my 15 year old daughter, I really wanted a safe, comfortable and convenient hotel in Manhattan. This hotel was PERFECT. The location was awesome, the room was large, clean and had great views (we stayed in a corner room on the 8th floor). They also have nightly entertainment in the lobby which was a lot of fun, and I did not feel uncomfortable stopping in there for a bit with my 15 year old to enjoy the music. The staff... well, I cannot say enough about them. They were excellent, friendly, knowledgable, helpful and above all courteous. Being complete tourists from Wisconsin, they helped us get around NY, gave advice and made this a trip to remember. Without question we will stay at the Flatiron Hotel on our next visit! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Corner room on the 8th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Providence RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at the Flatiron on July 6, 2013. The room was clean and coooool(thankfully because there was a heatwave that weekend) The staff was friendly and helpful. Reginald at the frontdesk
and Joe the doorman were exceptional people. Would stay there again. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 3rd floor if its a Saturday, they have live bands in the lounge on the lobby fl...
China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Flatiron is a jewel in Chelsea. The rooms were spacious, by Manhattan standards, uniquely designed and clean. We were on the 5th floor and not at all disrupted by the club in the lobby. Which by the way, was a cool venue, fun bands and a great entertainment at your doorstep, if you so choose. The staff was super friendly. We were able to get into our room at noon, upon check-in. The bellhop was great at getting us taxis when needed. There is a Starbucks directly across the street. The Eataly (fantastic fresh/market food) was 2 blocks away. A must stop!! The shower was amazing with 8 jets. Also a tv in the mirror in the bathroom. Not your ordinary room...which is a good thing!!

Room Tip: Do ask for a higher floor.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I liked the area of town a lot. The hotel employees couldn't have been nicer. Stayed in room 806. The room has a lot of positives: the bed, windows (three large ones), bathroom with tv in mirror, cool "power" drapes. I guess the employees were the thing I liked the best. They were nice and helpful. Negatives; no restaurant, and the lobby kind of was non existent. Overall, a good experience and I'd go there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 8th floor and it worked for me.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!