“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #263 of 463 Hotels in New York City
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Ive stayed at a lot of different hotels in New York City but I must say the Flatiron was my favorite, I stayed at the flatiron hotel in September and I loved it the hotel is beautiful and very clean and in New York its hard to find a up to date clean hotel without the price being crazy but the Flatiron is affordable and the rooms are very nice and comfortable. The staff was great as well very helpful and really tried to help us with any questions we had. Steven the manager is great and he was always there when we needed him. Im going back to NYC in November and I didn’t hesitate to book with the Flatiron again it’s the only place I will stay when I go to NYC.. So if your looking for a nice clean affordable hotel in a great area, look no further the Flatiron is the place to be you wont regret it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The staff is excellent. A newly opened hotel, which still had some kinks to work out. Our room was very nice, but the bathroom had a couple issues. The staff was understanding and upgraded us to a beautiful suite. One thing that sticks in my head is the aroma...very fresh. :)

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We are from Los Angeles and this was our first trip to New York. The Flatiron Hotel was the perfect place to stay! We absolutely loved it! The hotel itself was located in a great location and close by to delicious dining and shopping. It was very clean and well decorated. The staff was amazing. In particular, Terrance at the front desk went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. Another manager (whose name I didn't get) walked 7 blocks to get us a cab on our departure. Toshi, the owner, also made us feel more than welcomed. We have no complaints and we definitely recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Manhattan.

Room Tip: Reserve a corner room. It may be a bit noisier (due to the subway) but the view and window space th...
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

This hotel was a great choice for my three BFF's and I for our first trip to NYC. A very clean and comfortable hotel, and beautifully decorated. The lobby was open and surrounded with windows, and had a huge circular aquarium in the center that went up to the second floor. Gorgeous! The rooms were very pretty and clean. Nice shower, and a built in TV in the bathroom mirror! Cool! The staff were very quick to accomodate any of our requests. and, they were more than willing to assist us in making our weekend a fun one, not one wasted on trying to figure out where to go and how to get there. Lots of great tips, advice and assistance from the desk staff, and especially the general manager Steven. You were all great! I'd come back and stay at Flatiron again for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I am one of the 3 peeps that stayed with Adelle and will 'ditto' her review since she took the words right out of my mouth lol!! It really was a fantastic hotel! and Steven, you are the best!
First time in NYC with 3 of my gal peeps, and Flatiron made the experience even better. Hotel is ccc--Central, Clean, Crisp!!!! The aquarium is spectacular, and the corner lobby area make it for a wonderful people watch spot. A cross from classic (venetian plaster walls, italian marble etc.) to modern. Too cool, tv embedded in the bathroom mirror, a first for me to see. Staff was beyond helpful, and took time to understand what we wanted to do, and provide options accordingly. Our "foodie" G.M. was extremely knowledgeable, and made sure to get input and feedback from our stay. Your the best Steven!!! This hotel is a definite gem in the Big Apple!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Even though the hotel is just opening and working things out, I have to say it is a wonderful property. The views are spectacular I could see the empire states building. The rumble of the subway made me feel like hey I'm in the big city. Steve the manager was so kind and helpful I can't say enough good things about him. If you stay at this property you will hopefully get to meet him.

• Stayed September 2011
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wonderful accomodating staff at front desk,
Spotless clean
great area

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!