“Delicious mussels, excellent service, unbeatable location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glass House Tavern

Glass House Tavern
252 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
212.730.4800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass House Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,163 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, 1 train to 50th Street, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D & F to 47 Street/50 Rockefeller Center.
Description: You feel a great energy when you walk into the Glass House Tavern. The decor is soothing and warm and truly makes the customer feel welcome. The prompt, friendly service is delightful and the food is incredible. Executive Chef Craig Cupani has created a contemporary American menu that sets this restaurant apart from the other choices in the neighborhood. Fresh, seasonal ingredients are the emphasis here and the results are fantastic.
Michigan
“Delicious mussels, excellent service, unbeatable location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

If you need a good meal before a performance, I highly recommend this restaurant. Two friends and I needed dinner before an 8 pm show and picked this restaurant at random. The mussels I ordered were some of the best I've ever had, not excessively chewy and delicious. My friends also enjoyed their meals, including a well-prepared watermelon salad. Although the bar area was very busy and noisy, we requested and got a table in the back where we could hear each other talk. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Consistently Good-Heart of the Theatre district”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have eaten here several times, food and service both excellent and reasonable as well, In the theater district where it can get a bit touristy/pricey and overrated. Never disappointed -salmon is excellent!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Decidedly average - very underwhelmed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to New York courtesy of my husband as a 30th birthday treat. I did tons of research on this site looking for a nice place he could take me for dinner. The reviews and menu helped make up my mind and he booked a table for 8.30pm.
We arrived twenty minutes early hoping for a drink in the bar beforehand but were shown straight to our table. It was overlooking the street with a lovely(!!) view of the 24 hour parking garage over the street. Despite telling the restaurant it was a special occasion there was no mention made of it being my birthday. No free glass of champagne, cake or even a "happy birthday" was forthcoming. The staff were nice enough but nowhere near as nice as at other places we've visited on this trip. The food was very average. The filet steak cost a fortune and was quite crispy on the outside. I was disappointed. My husband was putting on a brave face but I know he felt bad too. The mozzarella and tomato salad I had to start was lovely and fresh.
We were given the bill almost as soon as we'd finished eating and although told there wasn't any rush we felt like there was. The restaurant was empty and there really hadn't been any need to book but my husband had done so to make them aware of the occasion. He's very disappointed. I can honestly say that I've had better food in a chain pub back home in the UK. Lovely presentation but there's just something lacking here. Sorry!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ossining, New York
“Great Food, Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Could not get a reservation before the theater but were encouraged to walk in around noon. WE got seated right away and decided to take advantage of restaurant week. Food was fantastic, had a nice view and waiter was super friendly. This will probably become one of my favorite restaurants in the theater district. Had a wonderful experience and would recommend it highly!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colden, New York
“Quiet Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Booked for restaurant week on an off theatre night, so it wasn't busy. Seated upstairs near the window. For an appetizer we had the sea scallops, which were out of this world. Main entree was the petite filet mignon, cooked perfectly. Tender and tasty( still good 2 days later as leftovers). Desert was a warm chocolate cake with ice cream. Very classy looking restaurant and good staff. Would definitely come back next time we are in the city.

Visited July 2013