“Great Decor, Average+ Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Qi

Qi
31 W 14th street, New York City, NY 10011 (Flatiron District)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #820 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great Decor, Average+ Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My friend and I stopped for dinner at Qi mainly because of the amazing looks of the restaurant:
the dark lights, many chandeliers and "candles" create good atmosphere.
In addition the menu seem to contain many dishes and a lot of them seem very nice.

The service was fast though we did need to ask for menus and catch a waiter in order to place our order.
The green curry was a big, tasty dish which i enjoyed. My friend also liked her Tom Yum soup with side dish of sticky rice.
The sangria we ordered (carafe) was filled with ice for more then 50% of it's content which was very disappointing.
Prices are reasonable.

So far, so good. The big downside of the restaurant appeared to be the setting actually:
the low lights are too dark when you try to read a menu or eat, and it looks like there was no acoustic planning done at all - the noise level is super high - and that is the major downside of the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Lunch in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Lovely meal. Just landed 3.30pm in our neighborhood near 42nd. Yummy food great service and blingy decor. Nice surprise.

New York City, New York
“Great fusion Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been here a few times, and every single time the food has been great. The service is good and the decor is very interesting. Its fairly reasonable and the quality of ingredients is good. The food is very flavourful and delicious. It has some interesting dishes on the menu, like the pancakes, which weren't my favourite but are good for a change.

Probably one of the better Thai place I have been to in NYC, its almost reminds me of busaba eathai in London, which I absolutely love.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good Thai Food, Interesting Decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a very good Thai dinner at Qi, located on 14th Street in Manhattan, right in the middle of lots of hotels and attractions. The interior is (dimly) lit with chandeliers and candles, and it makes for quite a stunning appearance. The food was excellent, and the menu was more extensive than I have encountered at many Thai restaurants. I had a delicious chicken curry with pumpkin, and my husband ordered one of their many fresh fish specials.

We were there on Valentine's Day evening, and yet the service was quick and efficient. I would highly recommend Qi as an affordable restaurant with delicious food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Highlands, North Carolina, United States
“FanTHAIstic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Starting with the interior- the restaurant is beautifully decorated. The tables are a little too close to each other, but that is the only complain I have. Martini list is very creative. I tried three different kinds ( as I dined there three times during my short trip to NYC), and all of them were delicious. My favourite was the lychee one. The menu there is various and the prices are pretty reasonable too. Also, they have really good lunch deals.
Strongly recommend to try their massaman and green curries. Really good.
Service is a little hectic though.

• Visited October 2012