“Laughed my butt off!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ha! Comedy Club

Ha! Comedy Club
358 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
212 247 4242
Laurel, MD
8 attraction reviews
“Laughed my butt off!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were hustled in to Ha Comedy while we were walking along in Time Square after a great dinner at Carmines. The tickets were $10.00, but the funny thing was the guy was walking so fast to the theater and I was following him. My husband thought I was crazy, but he took me in a building down these stairs. When I got to the counter, I was told to give the money to the guy that hustled me on the street and to take a seat in a room full of people that were listening to to men playing a piano. It was pretty nice. Then they announced that the 12 am show was being seated so we left and we were escorted to a room around the corner. I felt like I was in the twilight zone for a minute! The room was ok with a small stage and a little air with two small fans mounted to the wall. There was a two drink minimum with the lowest cost drink at $8.00. Ok, so we thought $24.00, but after they added the 18% gratuity and taxes my bill was $40 bucks. All of the comedians were good except the guy with the long dreads and earrings. At the end of the show we also purchased DVD's of the comedians spending another $20.00. Ok, so basically..... in order to attend this show for two people, you need to be sure to have about $60.00 bucks. The comedy was awesome!!!! I mean really good. I expect to see these guys somewhere big soon. All in All it was an adventure. Would I recommend this to you... yes, but if you are reading this you will know what to expect and it will take away from the entire experience! Enjoy. I had a great time.

Visited July 2011

8 attraction reviews
“Is this a scam??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

We were hustled in Times Square to buy tickets for a Ha! Comedy Club,only 10 bucks and 2 drink minimum.We were game because we really wanted experience a comedy club in NYC. We were escorted down this basement whichwas really hot and reeked of old deep frying fat! We were hustled into a room and no one was there. We were told the show was going to start in10 minutes,really??? We decided to cut our losses and leave!

Aiken,SC
3 attraction reviews
“No guarantee to view the Ball Drop in Times Square”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We ordered tickets online ($25/person + $20 p/up fee + $8 tax?= $128) for the New Year's Eve 9pm show soley to have easier access to the Ball Drop area without having to wait so long out in the cold. I was told prior to purchasing the tickets by a representative that there was a great possibilty that we would have access to the area following the show, but there was no guarantee.
This turned out to be somewhat the case, as we ended up after we left the club @ 10:30 working our way to a perfect spot pass the barricades and police into the pen for viewing of the ball drop. We only had to wait 11/2 hrs in the cold until midnight. Prior to the show we arrived @ 7:00 and were able to use our tickets to gain access pass the barricade on 46 & 7th Ave along the sidewalks. We went into McDonald's for warmth, coffee and hot chocolate chip cookies until 8:30 at which time we left to go back around the corner to the comedy club show. However, understand that you must have enough nerve and persistence to get yourself into this position. It also really depends on the NYPD manning the barricades. Not everyone who had tickets to the show gained access to the pen area for a view of the ball drop. It is a chance you take when you purchase these tickests and the mandatory 2 drinks ($48 for 4 people 2-nonalcoholic drinks each...the drinks were tasty) during the show. Luckily for us it worked out, and having the passes to show the NYPD assisted us in having access before and after the show. The tickets also allowed us to go back into the club after the ball drop to use the restroom, as there weren't many restroom opportunities, before catching the subway back to our hotel.
The comedy show, however, was not so good. We were promised 5-6 comics and there were only 2, 3 counting the emcee. The show lasted 60 minutes instead of 90, but you are allowed to stay indoors as long as you like. My family and I love comedy, but we were not really laughing at these comedians' jokes, and probably would not ever go back. But for the four of us after spending $176, it was money well spent and worked out well for us.