“Well worth the money!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Helicopter Flight Services Helicopter Tours

Helicopter Flight Services Helicopter Tours
Downtown Manhattan Heliport Pier 6 and the East River, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)
212 355 0801
Website
Update attraction details
Book Now

Ranked #46 of 483 activities in New York City
Type: Tours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Attraction Details
Worthing
6 attraction reviews
“Well worth the money!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic trip!! Really well run operation. Friendly staff...... Relaxed but professional approach.... Excellent and informative pilot ....... It's expensive but I'd pay it to do it all over again!!!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Seeing is believing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

All those landmark iconic places you have only ever seen in movies come to life when you take this helicopter tour. I booked online from the UK before travelling to NY. Very efficient website with clear directions and instructions. I chose HFS as they use helicopters with panoramic windows which swayed my decision. The staff were very helpful and friendly when we arrived, life jackets were provided and lockers for personal belongings (just you and your camera are all that you need on board). Clear instructions and a safety video were shown before take off, strict rules are applied when you walk onto the apron but it is well organised and safe.
The actual tour takes around 15 minutes and is awesome. You get to see so much, it was worth it just to get up close and personal with the Statue of Liberty! An overhead view of ground zero is humbling as the helicopter heads up the Hudson River towards Central Park. The tour included wonderful views of Governer's Island, Eliis Island, Liberty Island, The West Side and Central Park. Then a turn around taking in views of Empire State Building, Chrysler Building etc. returning with great views of lower Manhatten and Brooklyn.
Don't think about the cost of this flight, just do it. You will not be disappointed and will have wonderful memories of a truly amazing city.

New York City, New York
“Flight of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am a NY'er and decided to take my wife on a tour for our wedding anniversary which was the highlight of our special day. I have read many review's on trip advisor as many companies provide the same service at the same location, im glad i chose Helicopter Flight Services.

Living in NYC is one thing but looking at it from above gives you a whole different perspective of how great of a city we live in. I decided to take the 20 minute tour which covered most of the city. Our pilot Floyd pointed out the sights and flew very smoothly, my wife was terrified but he made her feel comfortable once airborne.

Checkin staff on the ground were very polite upon arrival and grounds crew very funny and energetic. You will have to watch a safety briefing before boarding and personal belonging's will have to be stored in lockers. You will have the option of buying a photo that is taken before your flight, this is a must have.

Highly recommended!!!!! 5***** Star treatment

Visited July 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
11 attraction reviews
“Great views and worth every penny”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was my first time in New York and first time in a helicopter, great combination! We did it on our first day to get a good overview, and an impression of the actual size of Manhattan.
The helicopters take from 3 - 6 people pending on weight. The rides are between 14 - 20 minutes. The security briefing given before the flight was a bit 'much' compared to European standard and I doubt the rule about 'no photography' on the platform has to do with security or rather 'forcing' customers to pay 30$ for the single picture the ramp staff took and then sold at the end of the journey.
You get headsets for the flight to remove some of the noise and get the comments from the pilot. The pilot we had was friendly but not hugely enthusiastic (which I can understand if he does this all day long) and he was somewhat difficult to understand / hear at times but all in all a great ride worth doing.

Visited August 2012
Livonia, New York, United States
“All I can say is my flight was AWESOME!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

On June 16th this year me and my wife were on a short overnight bus trip to NYC. As the rest of the family headed for the sights I stood standing and starring at your helicopters flying overhead. Just then I was handed a pamphlet, I grabbed my phone and made reservations for our Helicopter flight around NYC.
This was my wife's very first experience in a helicopter, she was a little unsure what to expect.
Once we arrived we were met with smiles from everyone as we were prepared for our flight.
Everything was explained clear so we knew what to expect and what was expected of us as passengers. After just a few short minutes we were asked into the next room and were offered a upgrade at no extra charge. We GLADLY accepted.!!!
The flight was SPECTACULAR !!!!!!
As we flew around the city, we were able to talk to the pilot as he narrated various landmarks all the while navigating the busy airspace. His skills were to be admired

We were very impressed with the professionalism that everyone showed. We both felt completely comfortable because safety was taken very seriously as we entered/exited the helicopter.
You should be very proud of such a great group of people working hard to make sure everyone else enjoys themselves, I know we did.

Its very obvious that you truly care because your operation was performed with great efficiently and superb organization.
We will not hesitate to enjoy another flight the next time we visit NYC.

F.F. Brett Smith