“Something special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours

Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours
New York City, NY (Manhattan)
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berlin, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“Something special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This tour really is something special! Dave took us to places in Brooklyn we would never have gone, and gave us information on the areas/food places that were profound and very interesting, he enabled us to get a proper "feel" Brooklyn. Conversation with him was fun and relaxed, never a moment that was not comfortable- he is truly welcoming, sometimes laughing-out-loud-funny (we still quote him;-)), and authentic, and at the same time very professional.
Another couple had cancelled the tour on short notice, normally this would have made the tour much more expensive for us, but Dave offered to do the tour to the original price of a larger group- how forthcoming of him!
We were lucky the weather was good enough so we could ride in his checker Sweetness- lovely car that added greatly to the "authentic Brooklyn experience"!
The food of course was extremely good, our only wish beforehand was a Pastrami sandwich-we got an excellent one- and the rest was suggested by Dave. I would really recommend letting him choose the places- for example, I would never have chosen Mexican food, but thought it was one of the highlights of the tour; having said that, everthing was so good and interesting that it is hard to choose a favourite...the Cannoli or the Yunnanese Dumpling soup? Or the italian sandwich...or...?
We highly recommend Dave's tour to anyone who is interested in the real New York City!

Visited March 2014

“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We joined another group yesterday to tour NYC eating and getting a little history and more eating. Wow! Dave took us to a bunch of little family run places where the food was simple and absolutely delicious. The Key Lime Pie in Brooklyn may be the best thing I've eaten in my life and I would never have found it without Dave. Dave got us some lard bread when we passed the suggestion that we could still eat more. He also dropped us off at the high line afterwards for a leisurely stroll. A fantastic day out!

Rexburg, Idaho
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I found Dave's tour on trip advisor, and after reading the reviews was excited to try it out. I was fortunate enough to be able to get a last minute booking for two. We had a fantastic experience! Dave took us to several authentic NY eateries; the food was outstanding as was Dave's historical knowledge. I highly recommend the tour! I plan on returning someday to try out some different places.

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went on a 3 hour tour with Dave in January and had an amazing time. Dave not only knows food but also just about everything else about the areas he takes you to. Dave was very keen to take us to places we had not been so we spent the time in Brooklyn sampling all different types of food and it was all delicious. We are from Australia and thought we had tasted all things asian but Dave managed to find us something new from the asian area! Our teenagers also loved it and thought Dave was the best. I will definitely book another tour next time I am in New York as it is not only a great food feast but also the best way to discover New York. Well done Dave - keep up the good work!

Visited January 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
14 attraction reviews
“Best time in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you want to see smell and taste REAL New York food, If you want to visit facinating neighbourhoods and authentic restaurants - join Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours.
I've visited New York several times as a tourist, but my day out with Dave was the best!

Visited February 2014