“Little secret” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allie's Inn Bed and Breakfast

You added Allie's Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Allie's Inn Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   313 West 136th Street, New York City, NY 10030   |
Ranked #23 of 96 New York City B&B and Inns
“Little secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Based on other reviews on tripadvisor I decided to book Allie's Inn B&B, definitely an excellent decision!

I was welcomed by a handwritten, personalized postcard. My room, the Garden View room, was on the backside of the building and very quiet. I had a small kitchen with coffee machine, toaster, oven, and fridge. When I arrived my fridge was filled with breakfast for my entire stay (muesli, coffee, orange juice, milk, water, cream cheese, rolls, oranges, grapes, pineapple, fruit mix), which was very convenient as I could eat whenever I wanted to.

The subway station is a 1 min walk, it takes about 20 min to Times Square. Another subway is located at 125th Street, with an express conncetion to downtown. At 125th there are also various cloth stores and restaurants including fast food.

The room was very clean and I could even drop part of my baggage a week before I finally stayed in New York. They were very nice and helpful. Other amenities included wireless internet, tv, radio, bath robe, umbrella, and information about the city and airport shuttle.

Considering what I paid for hotels downtown in the past (with noise, smelly/dirty rooms, no kitchen) I am glad that I found this little secret B&B. A clean, quiet big room with kitchen is definitely worth taking the subway for 20 min!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our stay in Allie's Room was wonderful! The room was clean and cozy, the well stocked kitchen made it so covenient not to have to run out early for coffee and breakfast.Marilyn and Earl were wonderful. We will return!

Room Tip: Allie's room faced the street which did not pose any disturbances.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our 3 days stay during Thanksgiving 2013 was wonderful.The room was enough for my 3member family and the location is very convenient.The subway station is just opposite and time taken to go to downtown is about 15mins.The inn is at a quiet location and so one gets sound sleep. It is also a safe area.My family enjoyed the stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Cerritos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Allie's Inn B & B was just right for our trip to New York. Our suite was clean, comfortable, modern and yet homey. Great for myself and a couple other family members to meet up in New York, catch a show and catch up with each other. The simple continental breakfast provided in our kitchen made it convenient to sleep-in if we wanted to as well as grab breakfast quickly as we went out. We were surprised that there was no microwave in order to warm up our leftovers from great restaurants. Two amenities that were provided in our suite were a Keurig coffee maker and WIFI.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon for a few nights. We stayed in Allie's Room - the smallest and most affordable of the 3 rooms. It was pretty big and perfect for 2, a third person could of fit comfortable. The room is decorated very nicely it was clean and equipped with everything you could need including a computer, iPod dock, coffee maker, air conditioner etc. the bed was very comfortable and there was extra pillows and blankets.

We encounter a bit of confusion trying to book a room here. Having no luck booking through Priceline we called for help. The woman directed us to the website which wasnt helpful we couldn't find the room we wanted or the rate we were quoted, we were unable to bring up the directions page and had to call back. after finally booking over the phone we asked what time check in was and she said "anytime but we ask not too late". Sounded great so we got an early start the next morning to get a full day in NYC well upon arrival we were told our room wouldn't be ready for almost 5 hours. We were disappointed and confused as to why we weren't informed that there truly was a check in time and it wasnt "whenever". The gentlemen who answered the door was very kind and even agreed to call us when the room was ready. We felt bad for rushing him and wished she gave us better information.

The fridge was stocked with breakfast food and the next morning I couldn't wait to dive in. Well when I went to have breakfast we discovered the fruit had expired over a week prior to our arrival and was slimy. There was a note left addressed to us stating someone would be by in the morning to bring us breakfast but no one ever arrived.
It was advertised that they had parking. There was parking available but it was street parking and had many restrictions including no parking at certain times during the week on both sides.
The key system to get in and out of the building was a bit confusing - they give you 3 different keys and the door knobs didn't turn very easily. There is no front desk so if you have questions or need something you have to call.

Overall it was a good experience and the price was fair for what you got and for New York. It's close to the subway and most amenities.

• Stayed November 2013
Weymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We wanted somewhere different than staying in the usual hotels downtown - and this as certainly that. Lovely clean and comfortable room with all you needed. Innkeeper unobtrusive - but there when needed. Great evening at nearby Londell's jaz club. A good hours subway ride to the far side of downtown, but nearby stations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wow am I glad that the UN General Assembly was meeting and had all the reasonably priced hotel rooms booked! I loved the comfort and relaxation, took advantage of neighborhood food and the park across the street. Definitely will plan on staying again. Convenient to the subway, a mailbox drop, it was fantastic.

Room Tip: The room was amazingly quiet. Having the window seat in the front room was great. Loved what was o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Allie's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!