“What a fab place to stay in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Distrikt Hotel

Save Saved
You added Distrikt Hotel to your Saves list
Distrikt Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Special Price
UP TO 20% OFF ROOM RATE
Ranked #17 of 453 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
uk
“What a fab place to stay in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just came back after spending four nights at this hotel in Newyork , it is a two minutes walk onto time square , the staff were amazing ,our room was on the 18 th floor , a very large room with a big bathroom , lots of tea and coffee and chocolates were left at night and a daily weather report for the following day also ,beds were so comfy , defiantly stay here again

Room Tip: For a good view of the Hudson River 18 th floor or above
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during our break away for my fiancee's 30th birthday. When we arrived at the Distrikt we were instantly greeted by Jonathan who took our bags and helped us check-in. All of the staff that we met during our stay were friendly and polite (even maintenance!), and couldn't do enough for us. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The room itself was great, with all the amenities as described and spacious, considering room space in New York is very limited. We plan to come back to New York for my 30th birthday and will only be looking to stay at the Distrikt!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I spent four nights at the Distrikt Hotel. I was on the 8th Floor with a room facing the back.
The room was of a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff were friendly and always greeted me when leaving or returning to the hotel after being out for the day.The coffee/tea making machine was great and very much appreciated. The location was perfect for my needs. Easy to walk to a lot of sights Broadway, Times Square etc. and for shopping. I got the airport bus for $16.00 to the Port Authority and walked less than five minutes to the hotel with a suit case and golf clubs. If I return to New York I would definately book this hotel again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Guildford UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

In previous visits to New York the hotel rooms I have stayed in have been small, shabby and expensive. My visit to the Distrikt hotel was a revelation; very friendly and efficient reception staff, large new room with modern bathroom including large walk in shower, complimentary brownie, chocolates on the pillow, free wifi, and a free breakfast voucher. The bed was comfortable, there was a large flat screen TV and the breakfast was good. All the staff in the hotel were friendly, efficient and enthusiastic. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from New York having spent a week at this hotel. I have been to NY twice before and stayed in bigger hotels but this was easily the best! The rooms were great. Bigger than I was expecting and our friends' room was bigger still, very clean, lots of storage space, big TV (they can't be held accountable for the rubbish programmes!), comfortable large bed, very nice coffee and tea making machine and perfect bathroom (large walk-in shower, no bath). We had been attracted by the noise proof rooms. Not sure about this. Our room looked out the back and was quiet but our friends' room overlooked the street and they could here sirens and some street noise but not enough to worry them. We were on the 8th floor and maybe higher up would be quieter. The staff made this hotel perfect for us. They were all very friendly and we felt welcome. They were knowledgeable about the city and happy to spend time advising on buses and metro etc. the computers in the reception were free to use and no charge for printing tickets that we bought on line. I would definitely recommend the hotel and hope to be lucky enough to go back one day.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review of Distrikt. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with our service and amenities. The team will be pleased to know how they made a difference in your stay, and will consider ourselves lucky to welcome you back!
Ramat Gan, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The reason I chose this hotel over my regular in NYC, which is the Casablanca hotel is because in the Choice Privileges website, which is the loyalty club of this hotel they promise free late check-out. It is a pity that the evening as well as morning shifts at the front desk have not heard about this, and furthermore, refused to check the website. The evening shift referred me to morning shift and the morning shift to the person in charge, who at 8:45 am, when I had to leave for my business, was still not there. I returned at 12 for check out. Then the lady said - well you can check now with my supervisor about late checkout. No thanks - I had already ruined my plans for the day when I had to return at noon. I later spent about 5 miserable hours at the noisy uncomfortable lobby. No apologies from the person at the front desk. Casablanca has a very comfortable lounge with complimentary good selection of food. fruits, cakes, sandwiches and beverages which makes it much nicer for the wait to my late night 11 hours flight home.
I give 3 points because the hotel is clean, well located and generally the staff are polite.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We truly hate when we fail our guests, and that's exactly what we did when we did not investigate the Choice Privileges benefit of late checkout, and immediately granted it as it does indeed advertise it as a guaranteed amenity. We also should have noticed your later discomfort and had urged you to relax in our lounge, Collage. Many of our guests use this as a gathering/meeting/relaxing spot as they catch their breath or wait for transportation to the airport. Should you return to New York City and would be willing to allow our team to show you what they learned from this incident, please do not hesitate to contact me at jrota@distrikthotel.com
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

OK, not in the fanciest of neighborhoods, but everything you could need close by. The terrific things about this hotel is 1. It's staff - all very nice, happy, helpful, pleasant 2. The rooms are very clean 3. The rooms are very quiet. i had one whose window faced the back/away from the street. Since the building is very vertical, only 5 rooms/floor. My room was very quiet, even the air/heat fan was quiet. Slept great. 4. Beds and linens are comfy and ample. Rooms and closets are small, but OK 5. Complimentary snacks in the evening. I didn't really need more food in NYC, but it was a nice touch and the food was actually very tasty (edamame, cheeses, spring rolls, hummus, etc) 6. Really want to compliment this place on their fabulous staff. not a sour puss in the bunch.

Room Tip: Away from the front/street side. Though maybe those rooms were quiet too.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LOL! We are definitely in the "No Sour Puss Zone"! Thanks so much for your appreciation of the team and amenities of Distrikt. We really appreciate you mentioning our fabulous "happy hour"and again, the great team!

Been to Distrikt Hotel? Share your experiences!