“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Distrikt Hotel

You added Distrikt Hotel to your Saves list
Distrikt Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Special Price
Up to 20% off!
Ranked #18 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Distrikt Hotel exceeded expectations. We have stayed in more
expensive hotels in NYC but this one is far superior. The room is
spacious and nicely appointed. Great water pressure & hot temp in the
shower. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is ideal for
great restaurants and the theatre.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Nothing could please us more than exceeding your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to the next time we can welcome you to Distrikt Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Booked this hotel having checked previous trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed, in fact I can recommend this hotel for its location, service and quality in particular the reception staff who were awesome! this hotel played a big part in a fantastic overall experience of New York.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
With so many choices we are very grateful that you chose our hotel for your New York City stay. Thank you for your kind comments and review and for recommending us to fellow TripAdvisor readers.
Miami,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been an guest of the Distrikt Hotel for almost four years. I have always had exceptional treatment and a wonderful room too!

Ms. Jennifer Rota is the best. So professional, helpful and kind. She is a pro at being the GM of the Distrikt Hotel.

My room (3001) was amazing and the housekeeping was perfect. Loved the appetizers in the restaurant in the evenings.

Her staff is first rate, Peter was superior in his help with several items including check in. Nesha, always great, friendly, Will, a shining star, David, super and kind and Kwame helped me with a cab!

I highly, highly recommend the Distrikt Hotel!!

LVH, Florida

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
I consider myself to be very lucky indeed, to be able to get to know to such lovely guests as yourself. It is experiences like yours that affirm everything we truly believe in. Thank you so very much for your lovely comments , your recognition of Peter and the team. We hope to see you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Came here for my 21st and had an amazing time in NewYork and all the staff at the hotel was very nice and all wished me a happy birthday and had a card and cake from the staff which i though was really nice. Would defiantly come again! Recommend to anyone who comes to NewYork.. Hotel was very clean and staff were great and really helpful!

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for including us in such a special celebration. We are also grateful for your review and your recommendation. We will pass on your kind comments to our team.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My expectations were pretty low when I secured a $99 per night rate at this hotel, but, I figured, what the heck. Boy, I’m so glad I open my Travelzoo Weekly Top 20 emails because I would’ve missed out on this great boutique hotel discovery. Of course, $99 room rates are hard to come by during peak periods, but I would’ve been just as pleased spending $250 per night for my stay in room 1505. By NYC standards, the room was perfect for me and my fiancé. The bathroom was clean and spacious. I also really appreciated the “extras” - free WiFi, bedtime snacks, personal welcome letter from management, etc. The king-sized bed was comfortable and the room just large enough for a two or three-night stay. Will, a front desk attendant, was very friendly and attentive. I’m glad I spent my birthday weekend at the Distrikt Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you took a chance with us as well. Thank you for sharing your celebration and thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your review and hope we can welcome you back in the future.
West Yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and daughter have just arrived back from visiting New York for the first time as part of my wife's BIG birthday celebrations.......they have had a fantastic time generally, even though "it's absolutely freezing!!!" comments were order of the day. They have nothing but great comments about the Distrikt Hotel, Perfect, Friendly and in a great position were the answers when I enquired how they had found it, "we'll be staying there when we go next time". So its a big thank you to Tripadvisor and the reviewers because without them my daughter would not have found this Gem. Friends that went at the same time hadn't checked the reviews and bragged about the slightly cheaper deal that they had got...oh dear met up whilst there and their hotel was a dump.
If you are thinking of staying here then just book it, you wont get better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hotel was somewhere between good and great for its price range. Staff very helpful. Neisha helped us find a Penguin bar. Bathroom was exceptionally well designed and lots of towels. We were there in cold, snow, and sleet for four nights so enjoyed the cocoa in the lobby. While I read the reviews, I didn't realize how small the hotel is. We almost walked past it. And that section of 40th isn't very attractive. But it is convenient. Many restaurants nearby are fun and reasonable
We had a sliver of a view and had planned to go next door to the sky room but didn't make it. Wished the distrikt had some kind relationship with that hotel to make it a little more convenient to visit. I didn't think I would miss a fitness room but I did. I like to take an early morning walk but the weather didn't cooperate. It would have been nice to have a small fitness room with just a couple of treadmills.

Room Tip: High up, toward 8th.